Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
casper85

Nether fix for build 75

34 posts in this topic

It wouldn't be just those few lines of code. We'd have to update the nether monsters to have TFC health instead of vanilla health. Seeing as it doesn't really fit with TFC, I don't know if TFC1 will get a nether fix.

.... i would happily share the fix with the devs if they want it, its actually a stupidly simple line or 2 in a couple of classes. ......

I wouldn't call it a fix, ... it feels more like, imho, a small hack.

If Bioxx and Dunk wanted TFC to have the nether, they would have programed the few lines of code them selves.

I'm more interested in how the TFC "Hell" will look like :) (Hell is a much more suitable name for TFC then nether)

edit: my post was before dunk...got distracted at work and didn't hit the save button :/

The mobs were half assed anyhow, so getting this fix, which from what I understand is actually already in the source code, would provide more then enough excuse to deal with the simple work that is updating mobs. I assume that its just a case of copy, paste, change value/assets directory.

Getting a fix for the nether and the end is not about making the game easier or imbalancing it or any of that shit, its about me as a server operator being able to open up a world for my use, give my players a chance to do more. The bug with the worlds prevents a lot of things I could do for my users.

ecc, the nether itself will allow for 3 things: netherrack, netherbrick, and glowstone, oh and infinite amounts of lava, not really worth it IMO

You fail to see what can be done with it then. the nether is an entire other dimension. If I wanted, I could though a few sly hands use it as a spawn point or a node for travel. I could use the End as a arena for my players. there is a lot I can do if Only it worked.

Just cause you dont see it does not mean everyone shares your vision.

You fail to see what can be done with it then. the nether is an entire other dimension. If I wanted, I could though a few sly hands use it as a spawn point or a node for travel. I could use the End as a arena for my players. there is a lot I can do if Only it worked.

Just cause you dont see it does not mean everyone shares your vision.

Not to mention delicious ender chests!!!

.... Just cause you dont see it does not mean everyone shares your vision. ....

That's just the point .... it's not about our vision.

TerraFirmaCraft is the vision of Bioxx and Dunk.

Our part is to enjoy it, have fun and help them expand that vision.

I must ask.. with TFC2 on the horizon, can we allow a mod like this to exist now? I understand the mob-stat problem, and it should not have to fall to dunk to fix that.. let your community do that for you! I know a good few modders who love tfc who would like to help, or at least make private versions for playstyle differences (I know you don't care for the nether, and I don't hardly either, but some people do..)

Just a thought. Give me some feedback!

I think everyone loves options. Having the choice to go into the nether or not should be up to the player. I can understand why some people don't want to mess with the nether as its not very realistic. However, a lot of people that play on my server enjoy a lot of the game play that comes with nether drops (i.e. enchanting/alchemy) so the work-a-around we have is to allow overworld mobs to drop nether items or even use CustomNPCs mod for quests to kill bosses that drop these items.