Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
casper85

Nether fix for build 75

34 posts in this topic

hey guys,

just finished up a quick fix that should allow you to get into the nether, i haven't had time to test it fully yet so i'd recommend backing up your worlds first

Done

-Fixed tfc ore gen to allow nether to spawn as normal, the overworld should all still spawn as it would in tfc

-Fixed campfire to not cause minecraft to craft when placed in the nether(note they will not function as normal in the nether yet, i will try to added that asap)

To Do

-Change flint and steel back to allow lighting portals (note you can still do this by setting fire to wool or something near the portal and using the fire from that)

Download Link

link remove

To install just replace the files from my link with the 1s in your tfc mods zip

let me know if you come across any bugs or have any comments

thanks

Casper

Edit: removed download link for now, does some1 have a link regarding the situation with modding tfc?

hey guys,

just finished up a quick fix that should allow you to get into the nether, i haven't had time to test it fully yet so i'd recommend backing up your worlds first

Done

-Fixed tfc ore gen to allow nether to spawn as normal, the overworld should all still spawn as it would in tfc

-Fixed campfire to not cause minecraft to craft when placed in the nether(note they will not function as normal in the nether yet, i will try to added that asap)

To Do

-Change flint and steel back to allow lighting portals (note you can still do this by setting fire to wool or something near the portal and using the fire from that)

Download Link

To install just replace the files from my link with the 1s in your tfc mods zip

let me know if you come across any bugs or have any comments

thanks

Casper

Was any TFC Java Code modified? Bioxx forbade any sort of add-on/plugin until TFC was out of beta...

P.S. - Was 'add-on/plugin' terms were incorrect for this thread (for those who may know what's at work here)?

yehhh had to tweek a couple of the world gen classes. If any has an issue with it i'll take the link down

casper

yehhh had to tweek a couple of the world gen classes. If any has an issue with it i'll take the link down

casper

That will spark significant controversy in the TerraFirmaCraft Forums, unfortunately. Do care to take the bloody link down before one of the users catch wind of this; it's for your own good, I'm afraid...

P.S. - Best if you heed my words, casper85; you don't want to be in serious trouble. TFC Developer Dunkleosteus is not going to be ecstatic about this.

Edit: removed download link for now, does some1 have a link regarding the situation with modding tfc?

It's better if you keep that link removed until TFC exits Beta, which unfortunately could take awhile.

yehhh just gonna keep working on it for my own use for now.

casper

yehhh just gonna keep working on it for my own use for now.

casper

Good. I believe that's the only way to work on a add-on/plug related subject; personal use.

well you're sure as hell not allowed to get it.

No TFC mods.

sorry but if the mod creators do not want mods posting i will respect there wishes.

as a side note if any of the tfc dev team are interested in the fix at all just let me know, i'll happily share it if they are wanting to re add the nether :)

casper

sorry but if the mod creators do not want mods posting i will respect there wishes.

as a side note if any of the tfc dev team are interested in the fix at all just let me know, i'll happily share it if they are wanting to re add the nether :)

casper

Obviously I can't speak for the Devs, but I believe disabling the Nether was either intentional or a happy accident. Mostly because the Nether is to TFC as snow is to the Sun; they are so completely different that it doesn't make sense for them to be together.

They are so completely different that it doesn't make sense for them to be together.

The Nether could be in TerraFirmaCraft if the Developers convert the ghastly dimension into something at least believable.

The Nether could be in TerraFirmaCraft if the Developers convert the ghastly dimension into something at least believable.

Probably not happening until TFC2 at least from the sound of things.

Well... i do remember Dunk mentioning something 'bout changing the nether to something else in a nether related thread called go to hell (I think it was there)... even though it was a long time ago ._.

Probably not happening until TFC2 at least from the sound of things.

That was unnecessary to tell me on my part, but thank you regardless.

Well... i do remember Dunk mentioning something 'bout changing the nether to something else in a nether related thread called go to hell (I think it was there)... even though it was a long time ago ._.

The 'Go to Hell' thread? Oh, I really liked the Wavering Wailing (Withering, or something along those lines) Dimension.

The 'Go to Hell' thread? Oh, I really liked the Wavering (Withering, or something along those lines) Dimension.

You mean "The Wailing"? o.o

jag, when are you going to release me from it again?

Wait, when did i- OHHHHHHHHH, i just remembered... *releases killster from The Wailing* Sorry, totally forgot i left you there... :

Wait, when did i- OHHHHHHHHH, i just remembered... *releases killster from The Wailing* Sorry, totally forgot i left you there... :

?

Why did you banished Killster into the Wailing?

*shrugs off caked blood and dust* no problem jag, its just getting boring in there after you killed every horror it throws at you :/

Well, one of the horrors there was the loliness, but i see you enjoyed it... :

?

Why did you banished Killster into the Wailing?

I don't even remember, it was a long time ago... :

nice new dragon picture, reminds me of that pet i had in the Wailing :D

Chill was the OT posting.

Dunk, instead of just bluntly saying no to something like this which is in reality a bugfix, why dont you instead ask for the source of it and then ask for the current link to be taken down? Could go a long ways to make this game of yours a lot better for you, me, and everybody.

im pretty sure the reason dunk said no is because 1: it modified source code, and 2: the nether is something that IMO should not be added to TFC, there is no added value in that hell-esque world, and it'd be more fun for TFC to have its own custom alternate dimension :D

Chill was the OT posting.

Dunk, instead of just bluntly saying no to something like this which is in reality a bugfix, why dont you instead ask for the source of it and then ask for the current link to be taken down? Could go a long ways to make this game of yours a lot better for you, me, and everybody.

have already mentioned i would happily share the fix with the devs if they want it, its actually a stupidly simple line or 2 in a couple of classes.

as for the nether having no value, yes that's true it doesn't really have any use for tfc but its still fun to go explore with your shiny new tfc armor n weapons :D