Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
dunkleosteus

New Developments

41 posts in this topic

Hey guys, this is Dunk. If you are new and haven't heard of me, I'm one of the developers of Terrafirmacraft. It seems some stuff has come up with TFC and for the time being, Bioxx is stepping aside in TFC development, and I'm sort of picking up the slack.

What this means: Fewer and less frequent updates. Bioxx is better at introducing new stuff than I am, so a lot of the stuff he handled is pretty much out. It means I'll be expanding out of animals and working on a lot of stuff. Bioxx has promised to keep TFC up to date with current MC releases and update the download section when I add new content.

what I'm going to do: As some of you may have guessed, this means I'll have to essentially let go of the animals I've been working on. Instead, I'll focus on making the game more playable, fixing bugs, tying up loose ends, that sort of thing, smoothing things out and making it more fun. This does not exclude new features, you may find more suggestions making their way into TFC, but I can guarantee that you're total overhaul of TFC suggestion won't make it in.

good luck, keep up the good work, nice to have you back, and see you around (hop along IRC sometimes maybe?)

Hackett out

As a thought, you could outsource work that you'd wanted to do and put a thank-you in the readme so that things are still getting done at a decent clip.

Does that mean no RPG-style weight limits in the near future?

I hope he comes back, everyone needs to take a break sometime.

May the Schwarze be with you! I hop the best for you, my friend.

Welcome back Dunk! Haven't seen you in a while. And as for Bioxx, I hope he comes back soon.

May the Schwarze be with you! I hop the best for you, my friend.

hope* /end Spelling Nazi :D

Everyone needs a break once in awhile. No worries.

Please don't burn yourself out Dunk.

Bob

Welcome back Dunk! Haven't seen you in a while. And as for Bioxx, I hope he comes back soon.

hope* /end Spelling Nazi :D/>

No... I hop up and down for joy when i see a Dunk post. Lol

Thank you Kimb! I wish you were in my phone!

I hope bioxx comes back soon, but I trust dunk in his direction with TFC!

I hope bioxx comes back soon, but I trust dunk in his direction with TFC!

That i can guarantee we all do ^^

Dunk keeps up with what happens on the forums (psst protip dunk,

IRC is a helluva good way to find out what people think)

Just out of curiosity — what will bioxx do in the time? Is there some new projects he wants to work on or is he just took a break from developing to do real life stuff?

There is no point hiding it I suppose. Work is underway on TFC2, an almost total rewrite of TFC. Those who visit IRC are probably already aware of this as I drop stuff in there time and again. Not going to go into specifics on it right now, but a lot of things will be changing. I'll make a post on the front page explaining why, when the time is right.

Delightful.

I completely understand why you would rewrite it from the start - sometimes it's just so much code and it's all so much convoluted on itself, that it is much easier on sanity to just dump it all together and go from clean ground.

That would also allow for potential performance enhancement maybe??

...mhmmmm...

I like the idea of a non lagging TFC very much ^_^

TFC2?! Yikes, this is big news!

Wow! I think I just sizzled my britches! Very good news indeed! But the question stands to be asked... Is TFC2 still using MC or will it be standalone, as I know has been tossed around on the forums before.

My guess is it will be using MC, but hey who knows.

O__________________________O WOW. That is extremely big , and awesome news. :) TFC2 Hooray!!

TerraFirmaCraft II? I would love to see this complete-rewrite! When TFCII is released, maybe we can employ a YouTuber (I'm speaking of Direwolf20, here) to review this rewrite?

P.S. - If this post becomes negatively controversial, Dunkleosteus, delete this post.

Okay, curiousity is piqued. It might be time to buy Colloquy so I can keep up-to-date.

dunk: You better sit on that bloody IRC more now ;)

TFC2? Wow, I haven't written a single line of code, but I do know that coding something as large as this is very difficult. Good luck on this ambitious endeavor!

hope* /end Spelling Nazi :D

Menoch has entered the anals of history for inappropriate spelling mistakes and shall be forever stuck, nay poxy'd in my memory. :P

Changes happen Dunk, I hope you can carry on making TFC even more awesome than it is, maybe young Winterbrass could lend a hand?

Work is underway on TFC2

Posted Image

ALL OF THAT CODE.

Now on a more serious note, I am sure Dunk will keep TFC great and add stuff in the meantime... but my god... to imagine all the code it took in the first place... rewritten...