Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
psychocannon

TerraFirmaCraft Ruined Minecraft for me.....

42 posts in this topic

You guys seen the walls map? That, in vanilla ( :C ), with 2 of the best TFC players (spum, and, I dunno), 2 tekkit players (Duncan and someone else), and 4 state of the art players (captain sparkles, maybe etho and some of them, and I dunno.)

Tfc would totally win.

I would want to watch that. Someone know ridgedog?

In my perspective, this whole competition is meant as more of an experiment to see how well Vanilla veterans can play TFC, not to brag how TFC is superior compared to others.

You guys seen the walls map? That, in vanilla ( :C ), with 2 of the best TFC players (spum, and, I dunno), 2 tekkit players (Duncan and someone else), and 4 state of the art players (captain sparkles, maybe etho and some of them, and I dunno.)

Tfc would totally win.

I would want to watch that. Someone know ridgedog?

I'm not sure about that. TFC mostly requires patience and perseverance, not quick action pvp-skills. Also, TFC doesn't really train you in applying traps, since redstone doesn't come into play until very late and there's no pistons. I think someone playing vanilla hardcore would have the best chance, alternatively someone who is good at FPS games in general and still decent in minecraft, if they can get a bow.

After playing and enjoying TFC for a while, I've gone back to vanilla and have stayed there pretty much for a while now. Been playing with friends and messing around, and it's just plain been more fun for me lately.

I like TFC a lot, though. I just think that it's too limited. Not in terms of things to do, but that it's attached to Minecraft. It kind of put a barrier on itself in that way. I think Terra Firma needs to be its own game. Then, the possibilities really would be endless. Perhaps maybe even not have it with the now-common block-style that Minecraft popularized. Maybe something like cel-shaded graphics almost like Zelda: The Wind Waker, to give it its own unique feel and style. It already "feels" a lot different than Minecraft, but its attachment to it hurts it a little, in my opinion.

After playing and enjoying TFC for a while, I've gone back to vanilla and have stayed there pretty much for a while now. Been playing with friends and messing around, and it's just plain been more fun for me lately.

I like TFC a lot, though. I just think that it's too limited. Not in terms of things to do, but that it's attached to Minecraft. It kind of put a barrier on itself in that way. I think Terra Firma needs to be its own game. Then, the possibilities really would be endless. Perhaps maybe even not have it with the now-common block-style that Minecraft popularized. Maybe something like cel-shaded graphics almost like Zelda: The Wind Waker, to give it its own unique feel and style. It already "feels" a lot different than Minecraft, but its attachment to it hurts it a little, in my opinion.

Much has happened since your last post, Candlesayshi. TerraFirmaCraft is undergoing a complete rewrite coming soon, namely TFC2.

TerraFirmaCraft as it's own game? That would be very difficult to do, as everything needs to be completely rewritten, not to mention copyrights from Mojang if it still going to be in its MineCraft roots (I think). Having cel-shaded graphics and not blocky at all really, to me, makes the mod lose it's MineCraft feel. I rather let it be its own modification than a game, because I like the blocky-style MineCraft popularized. It's unique in a way from many other large modifications out there, which to me makes it one of the best, if not, the greatest modification ever, and I don't feel it's limited at all, there's alot it has to offer (for me, that is).

TerraFirmaCraft is undergoing a complete rewrite coming soon, namely TFC2. [...] That would be very difficult to do, as everything needs to be completely rewritten.

Quoi?

Quoi?

Yes, TFC 2. VERY big news. Sadly, I can't remember what thread Bioxx announced that in.

TFC was such a great break from the monotony that vanilla had become. It was really the first time I played with a mod (I was really turned off by the outward appearance of complexity that the tech mods have - I do, however, have a burning desire to try them out at some point in the future). I understand where candlesayshi is coming from though. There are so many awesome things this mod can become... sometimes waiting for new developments sucks. I don't know if the mod could ever break away from its blocky origins - the sandbox/building aspect hampers this.

Vanilla now seems like creative mode to me. I know everything about it. Staying alive is trivial. It's more about getting the resources and building something cool. Yes, hardcore mode does help with this, but for the most part I play the same as I would on normal survival mode.

Side note: Anyone play with the 3d filter on? I made some custom 3d glasses by taping the blue and red cellophane to an old pair of glasses. I actually really liked it! Turn your render distance to tiny and play on hardcore mode... very fun!

Me and my buddies have had an amusing time playing around in Terrorfirmacraft as we've come to fondly call it. The difficulty curve makes for a good co-operative experience, but there's some optimizations I'd really like to see before I'd wholeheartedly endorse TFC. My biggest gripe at the moment is ores being lost among minerals, as trying to prospect an ore inbetween two minerals at a layer transition is absolutely rage inducingly frustrating - the prospector pick switching between them makes it impossible to triangulate the location of the ore among the minerals, which are already clogging my storage systems.

That's like in real life , you can't look at a brick wall and find a iron ore/metal/thing you have to teadiously look , and master the art of prospecting , red biox's post .

That's like in real life , you can't look at a brick wall and find a iron ore/metal/thing you have to teadiously look , and master the art of prospecting , red biox's post .

No, I agree finding an ore in real life is difficult. You're not going to dig a hole and find an ore in 10 minutes. However, I'd imagine that a prospector wouldn't have to flip a coin everytime he took a sample to figure out which ore/mineral he's going to exclusively examine in this sample - he'd be able to say I see so much of mineral 1, so much of mineral 2, and so much of ore 1 in this sample. Implemented in game this would mean that the prospector pick would list EVERY mineral/ore in the area when prospecting instead of randomly picking one - false negatives can still apply by removing a mineral or ore from the list sometimes, but it would still make a lot more sense than the system presently in place.

Hmm... don't confuse "popular youtubers" with people who are actually pro at vanilla, like panda4994. Docm77 and etho might be closest to both.

Hmm... don't confuse "popular youtubers" with people who are actually pro at vanilla, like panda4994. Docm77 and etho might be closest to both.

Then we need those people then for my experiment (Experiment based on how well Vanilla MineCraft veterans can play TFC).

Popular YouTubers vs. TFC Players play against each other in the same experiment I set up (this time, experiment is based on how well the average Vanilla MineCrafter can play TFC).

I used to think that Minecraft seemed easy by comparison with TFC. Then I realized, Vanilla is easy anyway, i've played harder games made for children. Don't get me wrong though, Minecraft is fine being easy, it makes it the relaxing game it is.

In my eyes, Minecraft and TerraFirma are like Jon Snow and Robb Stark. Though brothers, one is hard, brittle and faced with challenge, the other laid back, happy, but with no sense of duty. But both kick ass.

difficulty, not a thing that exists in vanilla MC.

honestly, i would accept the challenge issued here except i think the TFcraft players would be at a major disadvantage without enchanted books, plus i can't remember the efficient ways to work or make things with ingots from TFcraft so if both had to play both sides i'd surely lose.

I totally agree. TerraFirmacraft killed minecraft for me, minecraft now seems way too easy, and competely unrealistic.

Thank you TerraFirmacraft! You ruined minecraft, and opened my eyes to the possibilities of modding.