Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Treyflix

Has anyone ever legititetly found Kimberlite?

33 posts in this topic

This is info from survival only. If you have, can you tell me more about it? Perhaps screenies? Rock type spawned in?

while I have found diamonds, Ive never seen any kimberlite... I wasnt even aware it spawned :| I guess ill go wiki it.

-edit ill be damned... it does exist! at least on the wiki. I imagine its like borax or other mineral types which are exceedingly rare. In all the time I've played TFC Ive only found borax once. Seems to me if its not Saltpeter or gypsum, and its a mineral.. youre probably not going to find it easily, if at all.

The wiki has info on it, spawns in gabbro, gives diamonds(TFC diamonds) they are useless.

while working in my nickel mine some friends of mine found a proper kimberlite "pipe" :D

we got several large gems and lots of the regular and borring ones. the best ones hanging inmy livingroom in a frame :D

while working in my nickel mine some friends of mine found a proper kimberlite "pipe" :D/>

we got several large gems and lots of the regular and borring ones. the best ones hanging inmy livingroom in a frame :D/>

Really? That's cool... So I guess people have found kimberlite. Now can any of you remember the stone type you found the Kimberlite in?

I picked up a read on it ones in gabbro.

I picked up a read on it ones in gabbro.

Seems like its strictly in gabbro. Interesting

Seems like its strictly in gabbro. Interesting

its vain structure is rather odd

instead of the regular clumps and long veins, kimberlite ore spawns in long shaft like structures (i guess similar to how real diamond mines form)

Once I have constructed Moria, I will find that ellusive Kimberlite.

LAYMAN'S TERMS: No, I have not discovered Kimberlite as of this post.

I have found kimberlite, albeit in build 74. And what Infinus said is correct. Instead of forming large, voluminous and spherical-ish veins, they are literally this, few block wide, long, shaft-like veins in the gabbro. And I have only found it in Gabbro, as the wiki says.

Funny how I have found Pitchblende faster than I found Kimberlite... You would think diamonds would be easier to find than uranium...

If you want a use for diamonds then enable diamond conversion recipes and vanilla recipes in the TFC config file. It will give you more stuff to build once you've exhausted the few products TFC offers. It also gives an incentive to build automated sand dispensing sluice arrays, since sluices can produce diamonds rarely.

The wiki has info on it, spawns in gabbro, gives diamonds(TFC diamonds) they are useless.

You sound dissapointed

In an older build (68 I think?) I found a HUUUUGE kimberlite vein. It was not a log, it was just a big-ass blob of probably 200-400 blocks. I spent a very long time mining it out (because I was curious) and ended up with a total of roughly one stack of diamonds as a result. Not too bad. I've never seen one since.

Vein of Kimberlite was the thing that brought me to my first Garnierite deposit.

Some people in my server did earlier today, actually. It was pretty funny watching them totally spaz out when they got traces, and even funnier when the chat got flooded because they were celebrating when they mined their first diamonds.

welll...i have found a rather large supply of Kimbblesrath, if that helps

-grabs Kimbble and shoves towards Trey-

I was hoping no one would make that pun : But it was inevitable... Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SRG!

I was hoping no one would make that pun : But it was inevitable... Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SRG!

Thanks!

now, to turn this thread into a pun-war of un-BEAR-able proportions

khekhekhekhe....

hehe Don't try to EGG-ceed your limits.

hehe Don't try to EGG-ceed your limits.

That pun was Wheely bad

This pun war might turn like anti-gravity; we can't put it down. But on the topic of chemistry jokes: they might be old, and dead, but I can never Barium.

This pun war might turn like anti-gravity; we can't put it down. But on the topic of chemistry jokes: they might be old, and dead, but I can never Barium.

Au, want to buy some gold? Na, i've already got a ton of sodium