Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
AlmightySquid

[b75] Losing ore in the bloomery

11 posts in this topic

When trying to smelt ores using the bloomery, throwing the ore pieces in first (before the charcoal) will result in the thrown ore pieces dissapearing. Throwing charcoal in first and then the ores works just fine.

Tested in SMP.

I can confirm that this does not happen to me on build 75 :/. Last night I smelted up a ton of copper on kotoro's server for tools. As always I start by throwing in two and a half stacks of ore, then fill the rest with charcoal. Didnt lose an ounce.

Has anyone other encountered the problem then? A few people on the server I play on did.

Here's my observations on the matter:

My general procedure is to toss in 2 stacks of ore and a full stack of charcoal and collect the excess charcoal from the top of the bloomery. However, if you toss in more than 2 stacks of ore, the ore is just atomized - the item is destroyed, but you won't get any additional ingots back from the bloomery after it finishes smelting, unlike the charcoal which gives you back whatever portion of the stack can't fit in the bloomery.

I encountered something... similar? I believe it to stem from the new bloomery fix. If the bloomery is "bugged" with cold ore (not sure how I got it bugged in the first place), and you try to use it again, most of the ore you throw in will count as charcoal. Every time I added more than the first stack of ore, my charcoal meter kept going up. I fixed it by breaking the bloomery and placing a new one.

Yeah, all the bloomery bugs encountered so far seem to happen really rarely and kinda randomly.. And can't be reproduced :/

Hey im getting this same bug, exactly as you said in the OP

Plz fix this, i lost 4 stacks of magnetite already

Same bug here, also with Magnetite. Destroying and replacing bloomery block fixes the problem but it remains glitched for me after that, now once the ore is finished processing the ore and charcoal bars remain full. They both eventually disappear once the phantom charcoal 'burns' out. (no more processed ore appears as a result)

Bring on TFC II (And hopefully no more bloomery bugs) :P

So here is all i found wrong with bloomery today:

- If you log out single player map with a bloomery working, next time you log in it will reset the ore bar, charcoal is ok, sometimes you may loose all ores inside, other it will melt the air and output the liquid metal 0.o

- A full bloomery will still accept ores even when full those ores are lost forever.

- trowing full stacks inside it may be less efficient. melting a stack at a time results in more metal

Edit:

A little update on those bugs. The last one may be my mistake, If i remember well the max input of ores and coal is 20 each, so trowing 2 stack (32 ores) of small sphalerite will result in a waste of 12 ores according with the second bug, but working with normal size sphalerite (16 ores) will result in the same amount or metal (more or less because it is a bit random for each time, makes it more real)

I'll try to reproduce these issue and report it properly.

The only issue I had is that once I puttet too many ore and I was never able to put the same amount of coal. But I was adding ore and coal in the middle of the smelting process.

I usually put ore first, so I would say it was not an issue for me. With what kind of ore, wast the bloomery cold, was it used with a different metal before? Please try to give me more context about the moment the bloomery does not work properly.

I cant make a video to help you because i don't know how to start making one :P but maybe i could share my build and world save