Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Rook

Clay Mechanics for the Clueless Developer

70 posts in this topic

dunno if you noticed but BIOXX reponded and was not apparently angry with his wording and did not threaten him or act aggressively. the rest of you should be ashamed.

and why should this make people ashamed of themselves?

and why should this make people ashamed of themselves?

Because as Killster and Pux pointed out in another thread, the TFC community as a whole has become extremely moody and childish! I have not seen such a large amount of finger pointing in this forum... Ever. Why is everyone so quick to call people trolls instead of calmly discussing with them?

A perfect example of what we SHOULD be doing is what JAG did in the thread "veteran ideas to improve game play". The title was arrogant, the grammar was atrocious. The post broke more written and un-written rules that I care to mention. But at the heart of it, it was just a new member who has no knowledge about our rules trying to make a suggestion. I saw that post and thought; "oh god this poor kid is gonna get it." I was just waiting for the snarky, overly defensive, condescending, unfriendly (or worse, fake friendly) demoralization of a newbie. But JAG took the time to make a completely well structured, gentle and polite explanation of what was right and wrong about the post. Like a senior member of the forum should.

Then some one who is clearly very intelligent comes in and makes a slightly condescending post putting forth a genuine argument against a game feature, and then is CALMY replied to by Bioxx HIMSELF, yet everyone still jumps on him and calls him a troll!

I think everyone here needs to take a step back and look at what happened here. Sure Rook was insulting but everyone reacted in a completely childish way! I have seen intelligence from almost all of you. I expect you to be the bigger person when somebody steps a toe out of line. I expect you to CALMY and FRIENDLILY inform the person what they did wrong. I expect you to follow the example of forumers like Pux, Fatpoulet, JAG, and Bioxx.

dunno if you noticed but BIOXX reponded and was not apparently angry with his wording and did not threaten him or act aggressively. the rest of you should be ashamed.

Bioxx (I need to learn this too =P) has to hold a certain level of professionalism when dealing with his community. Just because he doesn't flip his shit doesn't mean he's not upset.

I think everyone here needs to take a step back and look at what happened here. Sure Rook was insulting but everyone reacted in a completely childish way! I have seen intelligence from almost all of you. I expect you to be the bigger person when somebody steps a toe out of line. I expect you to CALMY and FRIENDLILY inform the person what they did wrong. I expect you to follow the example of forumers like Pux, Fatpoulet, JAG, and Bioxx.

See, I want to agree with you. I really do. Being a decent human being is a good thing.

But frankly, this forum is NICER to new people than my usual haunts (travian.us forums-- great community, but the game sucks), and my brain is just rejecting your statement that it's the TFC boards that need to be a bigger person.

I think the Community here is nicer than it actually had to be. We try to help everyone who has problems with the mod, even if they are asking the same question day for day. Of course - in this cases we don't repeat the said word for word - but we're always solicitous that problems are getting solved AND to teach the people to use the Search-Function and read the install-instructions first... ;)

I personally do not care if Rook de facto is a troll OR an asshole - or whatsoever - that doesn't matter. Fact is, he ACTED this way - and this is, how he had been treated! If he really is so intelligent, the way he did, then he should have been aware of what responses he produces this way.

If you don't agree with my/our judgment it's okay - but make sure, that you have read also all the other threads/post he made in the short time, he was active in this board. That was not the way someone should oppose other people - at least not, if he search for their help - In short; he has shown very bad manners!

And if his parents have not been effective - some other people have to.

It's simple:

What goes around, comes around!

now im not defending rook, but waveshaper, do unto others what you wish to be done unto yourself.

if someone is an asshole and you treat them like an asshole, you will be dealt as one too.

it requires a child to continue a cycle of hate, it requires a man to end it

wise words - well, they are...

But be honest to yourself; that's not how it works in reality! ;)

it works the moment even 1 person decides to break the cycle, no matter the hate given unto him, said person will feel incomprehensibly much better.

We can philopisize all we want but the fact is that we had someone on our forum wasting our time and sitting back and ignoring that will only cause more problems and a simple "please don't do that was already attempted and accomplished nothing. He could have kept going, insults wouldn't help either I understand that but action had to be taken.

Edit: I'm curious does anyone in this forum actually think clueless is a term of endearment in Swaziland? If that doesn't ring a couple troll alarms in you peoples minds it will have become obvious that this forum really is disintegrating.

bsb, the problem is that we did not handle it in any form of normal way, we didnt just feed the troll, we forcefed it more than it could handle, becoming the trolls in due process.

what should been done here was have it end at bioxx's post, or a bit later, but not in a 3 page derail/hate rampage

Come on - trolling has actually stopped on page one. ;)

Now we all just joking around - it's the phase when everyone calms down - just to hide that we're all ashamed of feeding the beast before. ^^

It's a total normal process - and none was hurt here - all is good. Don't make it a greater problem than it is, by judging the one involved.

There is no need to analyze it - such things happen every single minute in the WWW. It's a brave new world - isn't it? ;)

I'd like you to look back on the thread now tell me who has had more posts attacking them, rook or me? It starts with a nice" please fix this" and he didn't stop, he trolled then we go off-topic then waveshaper makes a comment on trolling, rook defends, warfighter insults him, this is the only time someone directly hates on him in the entire thread, more off-topic, my fight fire with fire post (Anyone seen rook?) and then the next page it seems to evolve into everyone attack everyone, complete and utter chaos. And why? Because you guys are angry that I tried to break the Swaziland argument rather than just sit there and take it.

its not just about this thread, the hating in general has spread into the community, but you know how this wouldv been ended normally bsb? the post by bioxx's post, he was about the only one who responded to the topic at hand, removing every useless post here would reduce this thread to maybe 3-4 posts

Killster is right.

You are also from Swaziland! I'm shocked I have never seen anyone on here even in my general area.

Bonkhe bantfu batalwa bakhululekile balingana ngalokufananako ngesitfunti nangemalungelo. Baphiwe ingcondvo nekucondza kanye nanembeza ngakoke bafanele batiphatse nekutsi baphatse nalabanye ngemoya webuzalwane.

Of what district are you? And of which family?

Edit: Inawezekana wewe ni katika eneo mbali zaidi, hivyo nilikuwa na rafiki yangu nisaidie kutafsiri kwa Kiswahili.

Actually, I'm from Johannesburg, and my parents were from the United Kingdom.

I don't know Swati, and apparently neither do you. (Note that his 'swati' was copied from that page verbatim.)

*facepalm* lets leave this topic to die, its been derailed quadruple times over, if more than 2 posts follow this one ill submit a formal lock request

Don't wait for the second post, killster; the sooner this stops, the better.

Remember kiddos, the man who goes against the grain, and doesn't kiss the moderator's ass, is a troll and should have his complains ignored and locked.

*sigh* the man who goes againt the grain, doesnt kiss anyones ass, and isnt a dick about it gets a well-viewed discussion, the man who trolls, is trolled.

Bioxx has stated how clay spawned on the first page. Time to close the post down 4 pages later.