Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Rook

Clay Mechanics for the Clueless Developer

70 posts in this topic

You probably shouldn't use sesquipedalian terms if you're going to use elipses wrong. It just doesn't work that way.

Why can't you just accept the fact that you were unable to find clay because of misinformation and move on like the rest of us, who mostly learned by experimentation? Sure we watched a video or two about the basics of metallurgy or how the propick works, but this is not a mod for the faint of heart.

Get out of your king's throne and act like one of us instead of coming off as an entitled brat by getting mad and snarky because the wiki isn't really good source of information and insulting the developers (even if you didn't intend, because apparently clueless means something else in your dictionary)

My $0.02. Move along now. Nothing to see here...

My $0.02. Move along now. Nothing to see here...

is that $0.02 US or $0.02 CA? it makes all the difference you know

is that $0.02 US or $0.02 CA? it makes all the difference you know

Well if its $0.02 cents in Swaziland currency, then it might not even be money. It could be a blue baboon, or maybe a brick. Cuz... you know how stuff has different meaning and all over there.

Well if its $0.02 cents in Swaziland currency, then it might not even be money. It could be a blue baboon, or maybe a brick. Cuz... you know how stuff has different meaning and all over there.

While I can't speak with authority about primates of unusual fur coloration, I can assure you Rook's .02 is not a brick.

Bricks are made of clay.

And he doesn't have any.

While I can't speak with authority about primates of unusual fur coloration, I can assure you Rook's .02 is not a brick.

Bricks are made of clay.

And he doesn't have any.

Ah ha! I stand corrected and have been caught unawares by the Hidden Sage! Lol. Too funny.

Wise words spoken from the gunslinger ^^

Long days and pleasant nights, sai!

2 swalizandian (what is the demonym for for nouns of swaziland?) cents are 0.001 cents in CAD and USD....yaa that isn't money :P

okokok, lets knock this derail off and make a derail in off topic ok guys? :D

Clueless is a term of endearment in Swaziland.

You are also from Swaziland! I'm shocked I have never seen anyone on here even in my general area.

Bonkhe bantfu batalwa bakhululekile balingana ngalokufananako ngesitfunti nangemalungelo. Baphiwe ingcondvo nekucondza kanye nanembeza ngakoke bafanele batiphatse nekutsi baphatse nalabanye ngemoya webuzalwane.

Of what district are you? And of which family?

Edit: Inawezekana wewe ni katika eneo mbali zaidi, hivyo nilikuwa na rafiki yangu nisaidie kutafsiri kwa Kiswahili.

*facepalm*

... ._. Will i provoke a second facepalm if i ask you why you made the first one?

Why did you Kimble face palm? And is BSB actually from Swaziland? What about the witty Rook, can it be true?

Find out next time on TFC forums folks!

Not in here.

So you're from Swaziland, is that why you spelled it "Swaiziland"?

Bonkhe bantfu batalwa bakhululekile balingana ngalokufananako ngesitfunti nangemalungelo. Baphiwe ingcondvo nekucondza kanye nanembeza ngakoke bafanele batiphatse nekutsi baphatse nalabanye ngemoya webuzalwane.

They may start equal but that doesn't mean they'll stay that way. Ergo, concordantly, vis-à-vis, nope.

... ._. Will i provoke a second facepalm if i ask you why you made the first one?

Why did you Kimble face palm? And is BSB actually from Swaziland? What about the witty Rook, can it be true?

Find out next time on TFC forums folks!

Haha where is Wolf when you need him to do your talk show?

...And no JAG, no facepalm for inquiring why the facepalm was made in the first place. I realize how that was out of nowhere :P

But just..this whole thread......... o__________________o

Good evening all, after doing a bit of poking around on the forum I noticed that earlier in development, the general board would accumulate +30 topics a month describing the excruciatingly painful process of finding clay, a crucial element in the game.

When rocks break down through mechanical or chemical weathering, they create soil. There are different kinds of soil. There is silt, clay and sand. We seemed to have nailed the silt and sand, but for some reason clay is now a scarcity in a world made primarily of dirt.

"Clay is a naturally occurring mineral found on the earth’s crust. It has natural plasticity and can be harden when dried or fired. It is found all over the world below the top soil and is usually dug up from the ground."

No, clay is not the same thing as wet dirt. Clay is dry, not exclusive to riverbanks, and found literally everywhere in the world, from your back yard to the Sahara desert, you are going to find clay literally everywhere you dig. I can't possibly fathom why this hasn't been fixed yet. Walking around for hours on end looking for something that should pretty much be everywhere you go is just stupid and not fun in the slightest.

I would recommend that, when the player digs any dirt, there is a chance he will get some clay. That makes everyone happy.

http://wanttoknowit....clay-come-from/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clay

You're correct, clay ISN'T merely wet dirt. Clay is defined as particles of rock or minerals who's grain size is below a certain threshold, and includes every grain smaller than the maximum size for clay. You're correct in saying that clay doesn't only form near river banks, but the fact that we have limited clay spawn in any industrial quantity to these locations is BY DESIGN, and not a sign of ignorance. If all you're going to do is yell at us, you can leave.

Oooooo.....

Don't invoke the wrath of the Dunk!

Aren't some bricks also made with crap? If so, then can you imagine having people over for dinner in your poo hut?

Knock knock... poo's there?

Kid says to mom: My life stinks!

The dog blames it on the human.

I really like what you did to the place. You really poo'd alot into it.

Ok I'm done...

No offence meant (I actually think it's hilarious :D), but is it just me, or does some CRAZY SH*T come out of your posts?

Like that whole Times Square ball drop thing -- i don't even---- and that Swaziland thing, or this O.O

Not that I have against it..other than the fact that my sides hurt..and the number of "..........." moments in my life.

So you're from Swaziland, is that why you spelled it "Swaiziland"?

They may start equal but that doesn't mean they'll stay that way. Ergo, concordantly, vis-à-vis, nope.

Really? I'm trying to get rid of the troll and you blow it. So many killed jokes. Come on man. =P

Trying to get rid of the troll? Sure rook was a bit of an ass but the only people I've seen trolling in here are the active members of this forum.

You suggested he edit the wiki on his second day playing the mod and instead of letting a topic die everyone railed against him. I edited the clay page

in the wiki as it seems no one here thought it was worth doing because, in the words of halfmaster "The wiki is pretty much useless."

Trying to get rid of the troll? Sure rook was a bit of an ass but the only people I've seen trolling in here are the active members of this forum.

You suggested he edit the wiki on his second day playing the mod and instead of letting a topic die everyone railed against him. I edited the clay page

in the wiki as it seems no one here thought it was worth doing because, in the words of halfmaster "The wiki is pretty much useless."

If he had information to add, that is exactly what a wiki is for... I don't use it, so I really don't care, but how is that in any way not helpful advice?

If he had information to add, that is exactly what a wiki is for... I don't use it, so I really don't care, but how is that in any way not helpful advice?

telling HIM to add it when hes only been around for a short period of time is a bit strange, would be far smarter to suggest it to one of the people already authorized to edit the wiki. Thats why he was commented on this the way he did, however pissy he was about it.

Look many people on here contribute directly to the wiki but many of us don't have time to do it, its obvious that he has a little spare time and sees corrections to be made therefore he should fix it. Just because we have been here longer means very little, at all in fact. If we wants something fixed he needs to do it himself, they aren't there to take orders.

You wanna now how he is a troll look at the damn title and lets be honest here I'm pretty sure neither him or I are from Swaziland. He is trolling and you guys are biting hard, take another look through his comments and please don't encourage him to be a troll. If we would like to contribute thats fine but insults and being an idiot are doing nothing but waste my, and other forum members time. In fact I just wasted a bunch of time right now, great.

Look many people on here contribute directly to the wiki but many of us don't have time to do it, its obvious that he has a little spare time and sees corrections to be made therefore he should fix it. Just because we have been here longer means very little, at all in fact. If we wants something fixed he needs to do it himself, they aren't there to take orders.

You wanna now how he is a troll look at the damn title and lets be honest here I'm pretty sure neither him or I are from Swaziland. He is trolling and you guys are biting hard, take another look through his comments and please don't encourage him to be a troll. If we would like to contribute thats fine but insults and being an idiot are doing nothing but waste my, and other forum members time. In fact I just wasted a bunch of time right now, great.

dunno if you noticed but BIOXX reponded and was not apparently angry with his wording and did not threaten him or act aggressively. the rest of you should be ashamed.