Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
slasher20

Use for bones

66 posts in this topic

Hey, I'd love a freshness value on food, so long as we get bones from animals too, I don't think skeleton bones could ever be considered fresh.

Again, I'm not talking about eating bones, I'm talking about throwing bones into the quern to get bone meal, and then mixing said bone meal with grazing animal fodder to provide additional health benefits to livestock. In this case, most likely cows.

i have never seen bones being applied in food, ever, redundant :D its primary uses were as prehistoric tools,

Actually, ancient cavemens, and the species before that, used to eat the bone marrow which has a lot of protein and other good stuff. don't really know why we stopped doing that though. probably not very tasty..

but nah. don't see the point of bones as a food source in tfc, we have enough food as it is.

Actually, ancient cavemens, and the species before that, used to eat the bone marrow which has a lot of protein and other good stuff. don't really know why we stopped doing that though. probably not very tasty.. but nah. don't see the point of bones as a food source in tfc, we have enough food as it is.

Are you kidding? I eat the marrow all the time - it's the most delicious, amazing part of the cow.

Are you kidding? I eat the marrow all the time - it's the most delicious, amazing part of the cow.

i shall change my ways!

i shall change my ways!

Well, only fresh marrow - I wouldn't eat skeleton marrow, assuming they still have any left.

On the original topic, I think it's a great idea - house of boooooones o.o

Throne of skulls!

Throne? ...HOUSE OF DEATH!!!!! (House made of bones, the skulls of bones making the door). Bones adorned with diamond eyes, and black steel to fill in the missing bones. :D

Throne? ...HOUSE OF DEATH!!!!! (House made of bones, the skulls of bones making the door). Bones adorned with diamond eyes, and black steel to fill in the missing bones. :D

... Have you been in my house?

... I'm watching you >__> nobody could describe my house so easily by accident...

... Have you been in my house?

... I'm watching you >__> nobody could describe my house so easily by accident...

i'm sorry, my good Raspberry, but have you seen where I live?

i'm sorry, my good Raspberry, but have you seen where I live?

Just guessing from your location, but, in my closet maybe? o.o

Whatever, sorry, you could easily describe it : but he couldn't...

Just guessing from your location, but, in my closet maybe? o.o

Whatever, sorry, you could easily describe it : but he couldn't...

Who's.. "he"? And why are you sorry? She was the one "apologizing" And now you are apologizing back. ... *dons lab voat* *brings out clipboard and pen out of nowhere*

Would this be a behaviour of the flamboyantly dangerous european motaniouous*,. frostbreathing dragon? Or perhaps the Demonic Eldritch Spaghetti God? Or both? Very interesting...Huh, I'm feeling hungry. *pulls out bag of chips*.Anyone want some uranium-doped bone** chips? *crunch crunch*

Ahem, anyway, this is very interesting behaviour to observe... I'm ready to take notes though! Give the information to me soon. I must be going to the Yellowstone National Park though. See you!

*pssst...it's "mountainous", not "motaniouous"...Spelling lesson complete draconian class dismissed.

** Not completely off topic...We have pitchblende/uranium ore, they are made of bones which adding uses to is what the thread is about, so..yeah! Not off topic at all.

...Let's try and get this back on topic guys.. :P

Also, JAG, that was the insane professor side of me.

Don't make this another Scorched Ground...we know how that turned out.

hmm, thats not the bone itself being turned into food, its the essence of meat left on the bone being soaked up :P technicality, i guess you could create broth from bones, but they should be fresh

well yeah, but its NOT just the meat, its actually contributed to from the contents of marrow as well.

obviously but i count every bone as having marrow, but not every bone as having enough meat for broth :3

still, it could be a nice replacement for random steaks :D

Won't make sense at all until we're getting animal bones from corpses instead of rotted dry bones from animated skeletons.

hehehehehehe....yes....and we shall never go there again.....hopefully

O.O i started this topic and tottaly forgot about it, thing just went over the top here. But i guess we can all agree that bones deserve more uses. Troughout history bones have been used as building material/decorative material/medicinal material/weapon material just to mention a few. Bioxx did a really good job at making this mod a more realistic version of minecraft and i belive it would be a shame to leave out the historical uses bones had in the human history.

Edit: that said dont ask me to balance this shit, i have no clue how to avoid making it overpowered XD

Edit: or underpowered for that matter.

What happened in Scorch Ground, again?

I don't remember much about it anymore; not even sure if I participated in it.

Nevermind; it was a significant meme derail.

What happened in Scorch Ground, again?

I don't remember much about it anymore; not even sure if I participated in it.

Nevermind; it was a significant meme derail.

significant doesnt even begin to describe it, i think several members of the community -cough cough- went rather mad during that thread

but still not as bad as the holmsian event, which spanned multiple threads