Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
slasher20

Use for bones

66 posts in this topic

significant doesnt even begin to describe it, i think several members of the community -cough cough- went rather mad during that thread

but still not as bad as the holmsian event, which spanned multiple threads

Talking about a de rail counts as a de rail guys. That question could have been PM'd :)/>

On topic, someone should create a thread for the bones as a decoration... That is actually a really good idea!

... But isn't that what this thread was about...? :

This is the 'Use for bones' thread. Apparently decorations aren't considered a use.

Some pictures from Kutna Hora near prague (was there once, amazing):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Some pictures from Kutna Hora near prague (was there once, amazing):

Posted Image

waaait a minute...THEY STOLE MY CHANDELEIR!!!!

If decoration isn't a use, and this is the uses for bones thread, and decoration is the main idea in the op...

If decoration isn't a use, and this is the uses for bones thread, and decoration is the main idea in the op...

finish your sentence :3

besides that im thinking we should have a usage for bone as a fuel too, if you make a fire hot enough, even bone will burn, this would require the bellows however (its been done in the prehistoric by people that needed fire during the ice age)

Brain having the dumb?

On topic, someone should create a thread for the bones as a decoration...

... But isn't that what this thread was about...? :\

This is the 'Use for bones' thread. Apparently decorations aren't considered a use.

besides that im thinking we should have a usage for bone as a fuel too, if you make a fire hot enough, even bone will burn, this would require the bellows however (its been done in the prehistoric by people that needed fire during the ice age)

You want to waste fuel, to get a fire hot enough to burn bones, so that they can act as an inferior fuel substitute? Please refer yourself to the above response.

This..doesn't even make sense. Bio has a point. :P And plus, ANYTHING that can burn WILL burn if you get a fire hot enough.

you dont waste fuel if you're in a wood-light but bone heavy area, or when you cant get wood to burn for whatever reason (wet wood?) all it requires to burn bone as a fuel would be a small fire and enough air pressure (bellows) and it'd be a easily renewable resource, even near a glacier or a desert.

besides that i believe there are some additional bonusses to using bone, but i forgot to look it up, i'll follow up this post later. (also, not appreciating the insulting behavior bio, calm it with the sarcasm, think progressively)

You know what, I actually agree with most of these ideas, and decoration is a use, considering it increases creativity, which is what Minecraft's core is. Although, a basic bone club would be the best idea for a primitive weapon.

where is this wonderous place and how would one go about aquiring it as one's home?

Catacombs of Paris is what we're looking at. From what I remember it's basically a cemetery in the sewers.. decorated with the remains of the dead.

Interesting observation btw: We're looking at primarily femurs (thigh bones) and skulls if I'm not mistaken. The first question that should spring to everyones' mind is: Where's the rest of the bones?

Catacombs of Paris is what we're looking at. From what I remember it's basically a cemetery in the sewers.. decorated with the remains of the dead.

Interesting observation btw: We're looking at primarily femurs (thigh bones) and skulls if I'm not mistaken. The first question that should spring to everyones' mind is: Where's the rest of the bones?

From what I remember, I believe that these catacombs housed those dead after a terrible event in Medieval(?) France, if I am not mistaken.

i think it would be nice to have bone age before stone age in this game. The point is to live like prehistoric hunter until you find place to settle.

First of all, animals must drop bones after kill, large animals (cows, pigs...) drop classic bones, chicken drops small pointy bones (SPB).

usage:

- SPB + stick = pointy stick (ammo for bone atlatl)

- bone + pointy stick = atlatl (ranged weapon, only slows)

- two bones (stacked) = club (2x of hand dmg)

- SPB in crafting = needle (tool to use with raw leather/leather?/wool?)

- needle + raw leather = flask (can store water for half bar, has durability of 10 usages (flask from leather 20 usages - better material than raw)

- needle + 2raw leather = sac (can store only tiny-small items 6 slots)(probably irrelevant as player has big inventar space)

- three bones + needle = bone armor (only chest, better protection than leather, worst durability)

- bone/stick + right click on grass = roots (food, restore 2 hunger and 0.2 saturation)

- two bones + two raw hides = tent (used for sleep, durability of 1, leather tent with dur. 5)(dont change spawn point, if it can be programmed)

- three bones + raw hide = canoe (one-use ship, leather 5 uses)

p.s.: maybe skulls too? skull+stick= totem (decorative), skull as helmet (like pumpkin, no stats and not clear vision)

p.p.s.: horns from cows? for drinking, as signal horn (only fun, scare animals :) (effect like after hit)), storage for tiny items 2 stacks, decorative

You know, if you could use bones instead of sticks to make arrows and javelins, that would be all the use they would need. I like the idea of using them for construction because it would look cool, but a bone is more analogous to a stick than a plank, so unless sticks get that functionality I don't see any reason to give that to bones.