Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
slasher20

Use for bones

66 posts in this topic

Hi there

So i played alot of tfc last night and as a result ive dreamt i was playing tfc. In this dream i was able the place bones, in the same way that we place planks. I do belive it would be really easy to implement since the mechanic is already there and working. Tell me what you think.

-Slasher20

Hi there

So i played alot of tfc last night and as a result ive dreamt i was playing tfc. In this dream i was able the place bones, in the same way that we place planks. I do belive it would be really easy to implement since the mechanic is already there and working. Tell me what you think.

-Slasher20

What's the reason for placing bones in a similiar way to planks?

It would look awesome.

They would have to be a different shape, though.

Kinda pointless in my honest opinion, use a white wood instead (cedar). And making them look different than planks would just complicate things a lot.

Also, you can use bones as tool handles for stone tools.

I've been REALLY wanting to do this lately as well.

Currently though I'd like to remind everyone bones can be used for taming dogs(that despawn when you get too far away) or more practically tool handles.

The same reason one would place planks...to build.

Posted Image

Posted Image

where is this wonderous place and how would one go about aquiring it as one's home?

Posted Image

Who said you could take a picture of my basement?!

THAT'S IT! ALL SESSIONS TO THE BASEMENT ARE CANCELLED UNLESS YOU WANT TO BECOME PART OF THE DECOR!

But seriously, being able to place a few heads on bones outside your tribal hut = awesome.

THAT'S IT! ALL SESSIONS TO THE BASEMENT ARE CANCELLED UNLESS YOU WANT TO BECOME PART OF THE DECOR!

But seriously, being able to place a few heads on bones outside your tribal hut = awesome.

A FEW?! I have MUCH larger plans than a FEW......I must be going though; Bone City awaits me!!!

Anyways, I support the idea. More creativity possible.

heh, this guy's trying to be evil...how cute

It's utterly stupid to try and be evil, in the same way it is utterly stupid to try and be a hero. Why would anyone choose between being bad or good, when you can simply be insane like me?

I want to engrave the bones of my enemies into the walls and place their heads on burning stakes so that my every waking moment i can laugh at their misfortune. cool idea.

On standard texture size (16x16), how would you fit the texture of a bone to the size of planks? Unless you make bones a bit broader than planks, which would not even be believable.

Planks should be broader than they are anyways :

You sir are BONED with this idea .

one forgets that bone was used in toolmaking before we realized how efficient we could make metals.

bone usually held sharper points, but was more brittle than flint tools they made in the prehistoric era's :D

Bone also should make good weapons even without sharpening. Maybe not damage, but stun?

legbones of large animals were used as improptu clubs :D

I see so few games with that idea as a mechanic, and even then it's usually monster hunter where the leg bones are not just from large animals but freaking dinosaurs and dragons. lol

Since the name of the thread is use for bones, I'd like to point out the use of bone meal as a supplement in livestock feed. If mixed fodder for animals became available, the addition of bone meal could lead to increased animal growth.

i have never seen bones being applied in food, ever, redundant :D its primary uses were as prehistoric tools,

i have never seen bones being applied in food

You never heard about broth? it can be made with bones.

hmm, thats not the bone itself being turned into food, its the essence of meat left on the bone being soaked up :P technicality, i guess you could create broth from bones, but they should be fresh