Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Unavailableartist

[Solved] Can't craft protection meters.

9 posts in this topic

So far I noticed that terrafirmacraft is a great mod on paper (I like the added challenge)... but the actual in game experience... isn't the best. It's soo laggy and crashes randomly alot. VIA CTD or actual minecraft message crash. But enough about that lol.

I'm having trouble with protection meters, but not just any protection meter... the higher class meters. I can make protection meters out of chipped class gems, but not any other class.

Is something I'm doing wrong in the game, or is it the way I installed it?

I have .486 forge.

Not enough Items.

corechicken and the ApI

I recently updated to 1.4.7 but I used Minecraft Version Changer to patch to 1.4.6.

Thanks

:)

TFC Shouldn't lag, it's most likely is just your computer.

You can only used the lower class gem for a protection meter, higher class gems don't have a use.

99% of the time crashes and lag are the users fault, be it because of a bad computer or a bad installation.

Up until recently I was crashing every 30 minutes because of a mistake I made, the mod itself is just fine.

I've never had a TFC crash, unless I'm just overloading my whole computer trying to stream videos, download music/podcasts, and skype.

and even then this is rarely what happens, however it does lag... about as much as vanilla without optifine.

Which is to say, some, but not enough to make it difficult to play.

if it lags, optifine it, if it crashes there's something wrong on your end or you are SERIOUSLY in need of a new computer.

This just isn't so people. It's a lot less predictable than that. Since 1.4.x I have not been able to run TFC on either my old computer or my new one. Old is a i5-2500K with a GTX560, new is an i7-3770K with a GTX680. In both cases, without opti I have giant holes if I go much beyond the spawn point and with Opti I have crashes frequently and low fps. This is with nothing but the bare essentials (forge, player, tfc). There is something else occurring for some people.

With i7-3770K and GTX680, you shouldn't have any problems at all :huh:

I would remove all java installs, and install the newest one.

I had problems with memory leaks with more then one java version installed.

This just isn't so people. It's a lot less predictable than that. Since 1.4.x I have not been able to run TFC on either my old computer or my new one. Old is a i5-2500K with a GTX560, new is an i7-3770K with a GTX680. In both cases, without opti I have giant holes if I go much beyond the spawn point and with Opti I have crashes frequently and low fps. This is with nothing but the bare essentials (forge, player, tfc). There is something else occurring for some people.

Holes are because of vanilla minecraft...

I run a very similar setup to pux, core i7 3930k GTX660 FTW TI. I dont use optifine, and I very rarely ever experience lag. It does seem that sometimes, especially when traveling long distances, memory usage skyrockets, but its usually reclaimed pretty quickly as chunks are unloaded. During that time I get really heavy lag spikes when I assume the JVM does garbage collection. Worse case senario, it becomes really bad while im doing something time sensitive, and I simply log out then back in and it clears right up. If youre getting this type of crap all the time I would check that your machine isnt totally overloaded with running processes, and make sure to use x64 java. You could also try tweaking the GC options on your JVM by enabling or disabling incremental GC, or playing with any other GC options the JVM has.

Like I said the ingame experience can be nerve racking. So, yeah I went all over hunting various fixes... and optifine can make things worse i.e. for me Multicore option crashes the game within seconds due to memory ticking error.

I finally had to "allocate memory" for java. I found a better patcher, most of you probably use it. "MultiMC". The game is a whole lot smoother now, because I can allocate memory for Java simply with it. I turned my memory from 1GB to 2 GB, I'm scared I'll put it too high... I just have 4GBs of memory on the computer.

But yeah, I don't know about you guys, this game comply blows the roof with system requirements compared to plain vanilla minecraft.... while I was playing I checked the memory consumption and FPS via F3... And it hovers at around 1 GB with spikes of up to 1.6 GBs of memory. See, plain Vanilla minecraft sits comfortably at about 600 Mbs... and that's a "spike". I usually don't run into such memory problems unless A... I have a mod package like Tekkit/Technic with like 20-30 mods or B... a highly detailed texture pack.

Anyways thanks for the replies... oh and ... someone really needs to fix that wiki... because it says that protection meters are made from "normal or lower quality" gems not chipped only.