Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Too-DAMN-Much

Leaving TFcraft

32 posts in this topic

and despite how you refuse to read the thread or the OP, i'm going to address each of your points in turn and tell you why you are wrong.

ready? prepare to be humbled and trust me it's gonna taste like shit.

a + a example = omnitools, it's a 1 to 1 only conversion, no possibilities to duplicate with the forge lexicon in any way.

b + b example = i am the server host and mod combiner for the group of players that i play with so while in a lot of cases this is a very valid point, personally it is not since i edit configs with care and make sure everything is setup as best i can.

a + b example = wrong again, i know which two mods you mean IC2 and TE, the two used to work as you described but let me quote thermal expansion's changelog here for you

2.1.7:

-IMPORTANT: Examined the metaphysical nature of the relationship of the Pulverizer and Smelter. The road has come to a fork.

what that change boils down to is that TE's added a second hidden dust item with an extra flag marking that it's already been doubled so the situation you describe here is impossible and you can't infinitely duplicate them same ingot.

Wow, okay. Cut the tough shit attitude. There's no need to be rude about it, if you're going to act like a cunt maybe it's better if you do leave, I certainly won't miss you.

Maybe we had a little bit of a misunderstanding, lets look back and see how this could have happened.

well i've been gone for a while from TFcraft and i won't lie, it probably will stay like that for the forseeable future

You've been gone from TFC, and it's probably going to stay like that.

me no longer playing TFcraft really has to be pinned on being forced to choose between two things

And would you look at that, you've got to make a choice between TFC and techmods.

so what's the point of this thread? what am i getting anyway?

well.... don't make me choose, TFcraft won't be the choice i make 9 times out of 10 sadly and the having to choose between two things i enjoy is only going to hurt both to at least some extent.

So let's get this straight, you've been gone for a while, you have to make the choice between TFC and techmods, 10% of the time you're not going to choose TFC, and on top of that, the TITLE says "Leaving TFC". If that doesn't say "I'm not going to be playing TFC for a while" (also known as 'leaving') I don't know what does. So remember when I said "you're leaving TFC" and you decided it was justified to act like a jerk, maybe, just maybe you made it seem that you were leaving. And try to realize that just because you 'leave' something doesn't mean you can't 'come back'.

i guess i should clarify, it's not that this thread is about leaving, it's about wanting to come back, there are reasons i can't due to not being able to get vanilla ore and metal among other things, i just wish that at some point TFcraft and the rest of modding could reach some sort of compromise so that we can all enjoy both.

I'll give you that, you do clarify that this thread isn't about leaving, though not using the title or the original post. Thanks, perhaps you should have referred me to that post, really would have cleared things up. And yeah, it's be real nice if we could get vanilla ingots, or mod items to be compatible with TFC. But maybe the TFC discussion forum isn't the place to ask for that, we don't choose what you want, and we certainly don't choose what Biox and Dunk do and don't do with their mod. We can suggest stuff, if they like it they'll put it in, or parts of it, or maybe they won't. Which, hey, maybe a suggestion of allowing mod items to work with TFC would be a neat idea for a thread.

Furthermore, I decided to respect your opinions and okay, some of my information was wrong. I haven't played Tekkit in a while, two or three months, and when I did play you could duplicate items. I played FTB a few weeks ago, and I've watched a few videos on it. I'm certainly not up to date with all the know how, and what do you know, it used to have a issue in which you could duplicate ingots. So I'm off by a week or two, hardly an invitation to be "humbled", which let me tell you I am certainly not. Maybe if you had insulted my mother, but better luck next time. Thanks for the clarification though, and I'm certainly glad to see that the mods have fixed some of their issues.

I'd like to clarify something though. I'm not trying to argue with you. You've made a thread about how you're leaving, wait no it's about how you aren't leaving, it's actually about how you want to come back but you can't. Well let's give some suggestions, you could play both mods and be happy with it? No? Okay, well that kind of leaves us unable to contribute anything because, surprise surprise, we don't control the universe. Notifying us of your wishes that TFC was ultra-compatible and played nice with everything we put our hearts to doesn't make the genie in the lamp any more real. If you really want this to happen, try the suggestion forum, or hey, learn some Java (or if you already do, you're practically halfway there!) and start making them compatible. Hell, there's people trying that very thing right now! You could pop on over and see how that's going, drop some of your suggestions, and maybe contribute yourself. Thing's aren't going to change just because you wish they would, you're going to have to work for it or wait for the other kind people who are to finish. And above all else, if you want somebody to help, or give criticism, or convince you of something, or be kind to you, or really anything, insulting them is probably not a good idea. Let's try to remember that behind every set of text is a real person, sitting there trying to contribute. We've all got minds and feelings, we aren't just an automated response engine tailored to suit your needs. Treat others how you want to be treated, and step off that high horse before you fall off.

before i begin, i broke the quotes again, far too many of them, so for the entirety of this post, i will space at least one line between quote and reply to, zoran's will be denoted with a Z, mine with a T.

Z:

Wow, okay. Cut the tough shit attitude. There's no need to be rude about it, if you're going to act like a cunt maybe it's better if you do leave, I certainly won't miss you.

T:

excuse me, would you mind not derailing my thread with your blatant flame baiting?

Z:

Maybe we had a little bit of a misunderstanding, lets look back and see how this could have happened.

T:

no "we" did not misunderstand anything, you however clearly did.

Z:

You've been gone from TFC, and it's probably going to stay like that.

T:

wrong again, went out my way to explain it. i do not know what about wanting to enjoy the things i liked about TFcraft is so wrong either.

Z:

And would you look at that, you've got to make a choice between TFC and techmods.

T:

i should certainly hope not, otherwise this entire thread and the reason i bothered to post it was clearly a complete waste.

Z:

So let's get this straight, you've been gone for a while, you have to make the choice between TFC and techmods, 10% of the time you're not going to choose TFC, and on top of that, the TITLE says "Leaving TFC". If that doesn't say "I'm not going to be playing TFC for a while" (also known as 'leaving') I don't know what does. So remember when I said "you're leaving TFC" and you decided it was justified to act like a jerk, maybe, just maybe you made it seem that you were leaving. And try to realize that just because you 'leave' something doesn't mean you can't 'come back'.

T:

wrong again, why do you insist on this? more accurately would have been i have been unable to enjoy TFcraft because of incompatibilities. granted, the thread title was a mistake, i realize that and i apologize for it.

Z:

I'll give you that, you do clarify that this thread isn't about leaving, though not using the title or the original post. Thanks, perhaps you should have referred me to that post, really would have cleared things up. And yeah, it's be real nice if we could get vanilla ingots, or mod items to be compatible with TFC. But maybe the TFC discussion forum isn't the place to ask for that, we don't choose what you want, and we certainly don't choose what Biox and Dunk do and don't do with their mod. We can suggest stuff, if they like it they'll put it in, or parts of it, or maybe they won't. Which, hey, maybe a suggestion of allowing mod items to work with TFC would be a neat idea for a thread.

T:

in all honesty, because last time i brought this up, in the suggestion forums mind you - thanks very much - i was told it would be best to post it in the discussions forum since it's so hotly debated of a topic whether compatibility is desired.

Z:

Furthermore, I decided to respect your opinions and okay, some of my information was wrong. I haven't played Tekkit in a while, two or three months, and when I did play you could duplicate items. I played FTB a few weeks ago, and I've watched a few videos on it. I'm certainly not up to date with all the know how, and what do you know, it used to have a issue in which you could duplicate ingots. So I'm off by a week or two, hardly an invitation to be "humbled", which let me tell you I am certainly not. Maybe if you had insulted my mother, but better luck next time. Thanks for the clarification though, and I'm certainly glad to see that the mods have fixed some of their issues.

T:

not at all what i meant, posting in a way which makes blatantly clear you have read absolutely nothing but the thread title what was i referred to and always glad to educate of course.

Z:

I'd like to clarify something though. I'm not trying to argue with you. You've made a thread about how you're leaving, wait no it's about how you aren't leaving, it's actually about how you want to come back but you can't.

T:

do you really need to pull out the flamethrower and insinuate that i'm too stupid to know what it is i want, or are you still nitpicking the thread title which i am sorry but i cannot fix mistakes made in the past, unfortunate as that is.

Z:

Well let's give some suggestions, you could play both mods and be happy with it? No?

T:

ummm... okay that is the very entire purpose of this thread, i could except for how incompatibility is clung to as a method of enforcing balance. i certainly can't blame a modder who does so but honestly trying to impose your rules on another mod never goes well. i suppose i can't disagree, there are always exceptions, but should they not even consider the rule really like that?

Z:

because, surprise surprise, we don't control the universe. Notifying us of your wishes that TFC was ultra-compatible and played nice with everything we put our hearts to doesn't make the genie in the lamp any more real. If you really want this to happen, try the suggestion forum, or hey, learn some Java (or if you already do, you're practically halfway there!) and start making them compatible. Hell, there's people trying that very thing right now!

T:

are you literally incapable of posting more than a knee-jerk reaction single sentence reply without condescending? and you wonder why i don't go out of my way to be nice with you....

Z:

you could pop on over and see how that's going, drop some of your suggestions, and maybe contribute yourself.

T:

actually again, that's why this thread exists, because from where i stand and with my current level of ability, reaching out to and trying to find and agree upon compromises is really the best i can manage, trust me i wish i could teach myself java over night, i've got loads of mod ideas that i need to get to learning it for and starting on someday.

Z:

Thing's aren't going to change just because you wish they would

T:

excuse me? this isn't a peter pan movie and compatibility sure isn't tinkerbell, i think that's blatantly obvious to anyone.

Z:

you're going to have to work for it or wait for the other kind people who are to finish.

T:

and i can't extend the courtesy of trying to help find a middle ground where compromise may exist? i'm sorry this is the best effort i could come up with, i thought it was at least worth a discussion over and maybe even if we're lucky some people would reconsider things deemed to be impossible to ever co-exist in light of both the continued desire for compatibility and some at least marginally more thoroughly dupe/cheat/exploit proof interactions.

Z:

And above all else, if you want somebody to help, or give criticism, or convince you of something, or be kind to you, or really anything, insulting them is probably not a good idea. Let's try to remember that behind every set of text is a real person, sitting there trying to contribute. We've all got minds and feelings, we aren't just an automated response engine tailored to suit your needs. Treat others how you want to be treated, and step off that high horse before you fall off.

T:

excuse me, but if you're going to pull my soapbox away then it's only fair you do the same, also did i show up completely misinformed with an inflammatory knee-jerk response and distinct lack of care when reading and typing who now thinks that he can someway use text walls to hide the fact that he made no effort to be informed whatsoever? cause.... honestly, up until YOU did that, this thread was very nicely mannered, thanks for ruining that, meanie.

Footnote:

the text following this is not a reply to you, it is only here to notify anyone reading this thread that i believe i went past the maximum amount of quotes again and just in case that hunch is correct so that it can be clearly seen what the post contained if i have, just in case, in other words, last time the forums told me the amount of quotes don't match opening and closing it was because it went over the limit and unless i'm suddenly horrible at counting i think it's happened again.

raw post, i believe i broke the quotes again.txt

...i cannot fix mistakes made in the past, unfortunate as that is.

Yes, you can. It's called a time machine.

wrong again, why do you insist on this? more accurately would have been i have been unable to enjoy TFcraft because of incompatibilities. granted, the thread title was a mistake, i realize that and i apologize for it.

Huh, well that's real nice to know. Honestly, that's not what I got out of reading the OP at all, my mistake. it seemed more like either a plea for attention or begging for compatibility which, if I understand correctly, is far from being looked at. And that wasn't what it was about, I am sorry that I misunderstood. If you had said that after I asked how I was supposed to contribute it really would have cleared things up, but as I said I guess that was a misunderstanding. Not pinning the blame on you though, most of this is my fault anyways. And when I stated my opinions on techmods, I still thought you were leaving, and I was misinformed about their mechanics, but I was just trying to give you an argument to try to convince your server with, if you wanted them to like TFC more. I found your response rude and needlessly hostile, and I figured I'd explain why I thought you were leaving, and I realize that you aren't leaving. I really came off as ass though, I'm sorry for that. And I had no knowledge that you've been referred here by the suggestion forums, I just thought that would be a more appropriate place to suggest having enhanced compatibility, so sorry for getting on you about that. But compatibility is really tough, especially when TFC is still growing and changing. And the fact that TFC rewrites a lot of the basic functions of vanilla minecraft, instead of building on it like a lot of other mods do. So I figured here wasn't the place. Again, sorry. But I still don't think that I showed up with a "completely misinformed with an inflammatory knee-jerk response and distinct lack of care", as I don't consider asking for clarification of your topic to be rude, or inflammatory at all, and stating my opinions are practically the opposite of flaming, especially when I point out that I respected what I thought your opinions were. Anyways, I certainly won't make that mistake again.

But yeah, compatibility would be really neat. Dunk said they might (and you can't take things dunk says as fact) try some steam engine type stuff, so that might at least enhance the tech of the mod enough to keep you interested in TFC, and the server might agree to it.

you made it quite clear that you skimmed the thread instead of reading the entire thing and replies (it's only two pages) and honestly, i felt your response as a result was off base enough it was justified, trust me, i'll be a prick if you give me a reason but i'm not looking to start fights. :)

@Devlin, Gregtech is what you are thinking of, it's included in Mindcrack and maybe some of the other FTB packs (Garry's Mod is for a shooter). Gregtech makes the tech mods harder by changing the recipes, and although the result isn't TFC-difficult it's at least challenging enough to hold my interest.

@OP, I too have been playing tech mods lately instead of TFC. TFC definitely has it's own brand of sheer awesomeness which the tech mods lack, but unless someone synthesizes the best parts of both into another metamod I'll probably be bouncing back and forth between the two worlds periodically.