Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sda215

The (Inevitable) End of the TFC Forums -- Now a Forum for Newcomers and Veterans

93 posts in this topic

After observing the silence of the TFC Forums, searching through its history in the rubble, posts, and corpses, hearing talk of the doom, I think it's clear that I brought this frightening subject into fruition; from what I have heard, since the ending of the Second Age (I divide the months by ages 3x, since things can change greatly in a meagre amount of time), the Third Age has been a melacholy and significant era. It's time that we should discuss of this rising problem.

The reason I input this thread in the Off-Topic subforum is that it has nothing to do with TFC itself; it relates to these forums, rather.

Now, discuss ideas and suggestions on how we combat this threat.

grab the combustible lemons, cupcakes and all the mudkips you can find...

Well, I could muster my army of Sherlock Clones to enforce a strict policy of every man, woman, child, and lobster posting a minimum of 10 times a day. But, that would entail setting up a world-wide police state, and I'm much too lazy to bother with that.

That would just lead to useless posts. :P

True, true... but we need to think up of something effective. The Third Age is nearing its end, and we don't have much time.

I'm trying to post as much as possible, as I too have seen the forums become quite quiet lately.. I don't think derails are the way to go in keeping it alive though. I think the main problem is that a lot of us (I did this myself and I'm not proud of it), come off on new people that show one bit of dislike towards TFC. That scares people away. That and the fact that we have 200 users online at any time of day but only 10 of those users actually register on the forums -_-

11 of those. I'm always here, registered, you just don't know about me. As Squid said, maybe being less harsh on others viewpoints ( besides stupid ideas, you need to be harsh on those. ) ?

Well... Tfc isn't dead. And new life comes in the forms of TFC2 sometime in the near future. I am thinking when that happens, there will be a new surge of activity.

The sad thing is that with tfc as it is (in a development pause), most of the suggetions one could possibly muster within reason have been brought up. Ideas have come, gone, been stomped, applauded, implemented, left for dead... it feels as though the only thing surfacing in the forums is a reiteration of what has already been. Without tfc moving forward at the moment, it feels like waiting for a cool trickle of water in a warm stagnant pool.

There was a time when the Off Topic area was a rarely visited place, and now that seems to be the one with the only newness to it.

I hope something gives soon.

Let it be known that I am also very grateful we have Dunk still working on tfc. Justvseems quiet is all....

I know I'm not going anywhere, but I agree with the Squidmeister that I've seen more than a fair amount of new joins scared off. The others seem to circle just outside of the area of effect... waiting for the next unawares wader to enter the waters...

I would encourage anyone and everyone, new and old, to share any new experiences, happenings, games, and TFC stories with the rest of us. Lets rekindle this mo fo!

GAME ON

Well... Tfc isn't dead. And new life comes in the forms of TFC2 sometime in the near future. I am thinking when that happens, there will be a new surge of activity.

The sad thing is that with tfc as it is (in a development pause), most of the suggetions one could possibly muster within reason have been brought up. Ideas have come, gone, been stomped, applauded, implemented, left for dead... it feels as though the only thing surfacing in the forums is a reiteration of what has already been. Without tfc moving forward at the moment, it feels like waiting for a cool trickle of water in a warm stagnant pool.

There was a time when the Off Topic area was a rarely visited place, and now that seems to be the one with the only newness to it.

I hope something gives soon.

Let it be known that I am also very grateful we have Dunk still working on tfc. Justvseems quiet is all....

I know I'm not going anywhere, but I agree with the Squidmeister that I've seen more than a fair amount of new joins scared off. The others seem to circle just outside of the area of effect... waiting for the next unawares wader to enter the waters...

I would encourage anyone and everyone, new and old, to share any new experiences, happenings, games, and TFC stories with the rest of us. Lets rekindle this mo fo!

GAME ON

I agree; we have been frightening off outsiders from TFC, and it's doing damage on hopes of achieving a larger fanbase.

YouTube is where i discovered TFC, Since then I've been searching for all the TFC related videos i can, viewing, liking and subbing (where i think they deserve it) and sharing with friends. Another gaming community that i belong to are now considering converting one of our minecraft servers over to TFC due to me pestering them to do so. Keep inputting the energy and it will pay off, the worst thing to do is give up. Maybe some new forum competitons/games, can keep the circulation going while update is waited upon. First thing i did when i found this mod was donate, not loads but something to say thank you, for those that can afford too and haven't yet, maybe a thank you would go some way to encouraging progress with further development. ;)

Sorrily, i really don't have time for this forums anymore... Studies, studies, studies, studies, studies, and oh i forgot to mention studies? : along with some other, much deeper personal problems... I will probably become just a lurker, and that's if i can even watch this forums. I will come back... but yeah, do not expect me to do so any time soon. See ya, i guess ._.

I think the proper use of this forum and doing it so in a very polite manner will go a very long way.

What i mean by that is,

Give only support in the Support topics. No comments of personal nature whatsoever. Telling someone that we talked about his problem numeres times and giving him the feeling of being dumb or stupid for making such a (for us) simple mistake will only make him feel bad and move on to some other mod. Now, i can imagine very well that answering one thing over and over again can piss someone off...so i say, if you cant handle it, don't post. :)

Don't let your feelings in Discussion threads get the better of you. Be constructive in describing your thoughts. Saying "this idea is bullshit" or "we already talked about this, use search" or any other comment that makes someone say to himself "f**k this, time to move on", imho, should never be used.

Suggestions threads should be only constructive in nature. I can not think of one idea that could be defined as bad, dumb or stupid, only "it fits into TFC world" or "not so much". After all, all of our ideas are only here to give the devs more stuff to work with. This project belongs to Bioxx and Dunk, and we can only hope that our ideas are on the same page with them. There is no point in flaming someone just because i think that the devs are thinking the same way as i am. We do not know what they are thinking, and it's good that way, it's there project. I think, all we can do is work together constructively on ideas we have, and try to developed them, so that they can be worthy of there time. That way, maybe even get implemented.

Off Topic --> Bash away :) ... no, not really... on second thought... bee free

This is only my $0.02

No disrespect intended.

This forum and TFC can live a very long time ... we can make sure of that.

All great ideas around. Now, we need the voice of the (Mister) Dunkleosteus himself.

All great ideas around. Now, we need the voice of the (Mister) Dunkleosteus himself.

well, i think that he's fallen off the side of the planet, i havent seen him online anywhere for a week almost

srg, he's been livestreaming a lot (hes livestreaming now for example)

I enjoyed posting my ideas here and I actually check around every day. The truth is I notice that how I prefer to play and my view on ideas is pretty different than a majority of those here, so being quiet is easier. Ideas will start flowing again though once the new build comes out and people have something to talk about. Frankly, I've been holding my breath for butchery for the better part of the year now, and I'll keep doing so until it happens.

Yeah... I don't really have time to be on here all the time like I was before, and it will be that way for a while. Maybe after school is out for the summer I'll be around more often. But, until then you guys will just have to deal with the silence caused by my absence. (JOKES!)

Serious(ish) time now, the solution is to be nice to newbies, really. We won't grow without them, and that means we will come to rely more and more on the grizzled vets who no longer have the time to dedicate to this forum that we used to (like me, and JAG up there).

So yeah... be nice damnit!

on an off-topic (no pun :P ) question, what happened to the guys that were doing a thaumcraft 3 patch ??

or the NPC addon guy winterbrass ?

To say something constructive atleast, i feel as if the only thing i have been posting lately is the support.

it seems as if people download TFC, run into some bugs, make a user here and post them, then i reply, bid them welcome to this forum

and they are nowhere to be seen again.

Dis makes me sad :unsure:

EDIT: This.... i dont even.....

143 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)

6 members, 137 guests, 0 anonymous users (See full list)

dukejuke, hadies237, Menoch, flamestrider, Google, Emris_Morath, Euphoric

..... Google, .....

BIG brother is watching.... :ph34r:

Member-wise is the main problem. Not many are active all at once, some get feisty at newcomers, and the guests fear that if they register, they might get a good scorning as well.

In other words, be nice unless... sigh... I'm going to hate myself for speaking defile language... bastardising(?) newcomers are your job.

BIG brother is watching.... :ph34r:

i cannot find google in the members list

And yet he's always logged in ... :ph34r: ...

:)

Community is fueled by either new members or new events. We haven't really have that many events lately, and being community of mod that still is in beta we don't get that many new members. That's that.

I don't think we should really be speaking of death, but of hibernation.