Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sda215

The (Inevitable) End of the TFC Forums -- Now a Forum for Newcomers and Veterans

93 posts in this topic

EDIT: Wait what?...wrong thread.......

Since this a derail i will get it back on topic, following the law of similarity it is a good thing to be individual.

Menoch, if i punched myself in the balls, you would feel the pain too, to that degree in which we are similar.

That said it would be passive empathy as it is in our nature we are similar.

Active sympathy on the other hand is forcing our natures to be alike by means of (yes -TK-) active empathy.

The inverse side of this is antipathy (???), is differing and not being similar to one another, take for example -TK-.

Following Mdub's statement he passively is different in nature as others, that would mean that it would not work the way as with menoch.

Or he is actually actively trying to be different from others. Thereby both ways would not work.

That is commonly known as the law of similarity, or empathy magic.

Derail turned back to on topic derail :P.

????

I meant active empathy in that I don't need to try to be empathetic. I cant do this because I'm too lazy, therefore I have to make an effort to ensure I'm being empathetic.

I'm not quite sure as to what you meant.

Also on the topic of your signature

Decode this:

f83c310bb75eaf8caacd14ca04369a1465a5

This is the right thread by the way.

-walks into thread-

-sees this-

-slowly backs out-

Krski teleports into the thread , sees thread , post what he has done and updates it every second , then makes exits thread leaving three shadow clones behind to do his work . :D

So why was anybody worried about this forum dying?

This mod doesn't have much of a community to speak of and it really isn't that important to anybody.

Well, as it seems, this community just got bigger by one more ;)

Welcome to the forum.

This mod doesn't have much of a community to speak of and it really isn't that important to anybody.

Who let this unobservant dumb-ass onto the forums?

not me *points at sankt peter.......

You could have answered the question rather than lashing out at me.

You don't understand. A community is important to virtually all people. It allows us to connect to each other in ways we could only imagine; we make long-lasting friendships, competitive and playful rivalries, and fun. Communities in modding allows the mod developer(s) to recieve feedback in a more entertaining manner. If a modding forum dies, then where is the point to the mod? You don't have a website to report bugs/glitches for people to help you with, you don't have a website to discuss the mod itself, you don't have a place to suggest ideas whether they are great, not so great, ridiculous, or the like and have many users criticise it,

But most of all, you don't have a website to connect with those who play that particular mod with, and it's lonely if you're one of the few who love that mod.

Understand that, Tuck_Lion-san. Think about a certain topic (such as our concern for the forum's extinction, for instance) before posting your say on it.

-Sda209

don't call people "dumb-ass"

on an off-topic (no pun :P ) question, what happened to the guys that were doing a thaumcraft 3 patch ??or the NPC addon guy winterbrass ?To say something constructive atleast, i feel as if the only thing i have been posting lately is the support.it seems as if people download TFC, run into some bugs, make a user here and post them, then i reply, bid them welcome to this forumand they are nowhere to be seen again.Dis makes me sad :unsure:EDIT: This.... i dont even.....143 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)6 members, 137 guests, 0 anonymous users (See full list)dukejuke, hadies237, Menoch, flamestrider, Google, Emris_Morath, Euphoric

--------------------------------------------------

sorry to necro, but we not only have google as a user now , we also have bing

i beleive it was the end of the "Forums" not the mod the op and the necromancer was talking about

*ignore this post, accidentally posted some songs here instead of god-tier songs*

*ignore this post, accidentally posted some songs here instead of god-tier songs*

it's okay, here, have a cookie.

Also, We have 98 users online right now. 88 of which are guests. And 2 of the members are Google and Bing......

yeaaah, I was going to create a topic named B78 waiting room, but I think here's the place, forum's not dead

I believe many people are waiting for a world lost in B78 and put TFC on halt, to avoid loosing more time on B77 worlds (my case, when I started to play TFC in B77, I did a new map, due to recent generation worlds, I read somewere, here or on IRC, that maybe worlds would be destroyed, so I did only my color steel on this world, no fancy construction, but now I see, could play more.)

To be really honest, I notice nothing bad in the forum activity and I'm active without casting out useless posts... What we need is motivation to play the mod, or do stuff to increase it's quality, for example, people make addons, modṕacks for TFC, suggestion series, finding out WorldPainter + TFC... If we keep in this obviously we can't die. Helping newbies is also good, and I enjoy doing so. The more people we help in the ways of TFC, the less we are to end.

Barricade the doors and windows and load your shotguns.

Makes me wonder if there are people playing on multiplayer servers who seek their info on team chat rather than the forum.

@PaoloEmilio:

I mean by the number of active registered members. Most of the veterans here have since come and go: Lumireaver (never met him/her, unfortunately), achartran (one of my friends, and I had some very 'fond' memories with him), Just_Another_Guy_:) (one of the most fun users I've ever met [i copyright calling him by his full penname!]), TheWolf277 (another one of my friends), Kimbblesrath (he still goes here sometimes, but still. Also one of my closer friends), Srgnoodles (she still attends here too, but...), Killster550 (first user I've ever met and talked to on this site, if I remember correctly. Fondest of memories with him [especially the Name Me! Derail, that was fun]), Sting_Auer, Deathbytac0, ECC, Treyflix, HunterKain, Scooterdanny, Trancengopher, Jed1314, EternalUndeath, Crysyn (he was more of a moderator on this site, but still...), and several more.

That's a lot of the veterans I haven't seen in a while, now. 

yeaaah, I was going to create a topic named B78 waiting room, but I think here's the place, forum's not dead

I believe many people are waiting for a world lost in B78 and put TFC on halt, to avoid loosing more time on B77 worlds (my case, when I started to play TFC in B77, I did a new map, due to recent generation worlds, I read somewere, here or on IRC, that maybe worlds would be destroyed, so I did only my color steel on this world, no fancy construction, but now I see, could play more.)

I agree with this. In B77, I've just lost interest as there's nothing to do after coloured steels. I mean sure, you can just build, but just building gets boring after a while. The tech tree is too short as of yet.

But it's kinda new all this current inactivity, I remember seeing the suggestion thread blasting with discussions and ideas, a  week ago. Most of the TFC players are Canadians for some reason, so they probably got hit by a very strong snow storm and they got no power, or school, maybe. 

Anyways, why the necro? lol. But yeah, b77 gets boring once you start mining for nickel and graphite, but it takes you usually a few weeks to find your first iron, which you'll have a lot of fun in the copper-bronze age. 

@PaoloEmilio:

I mean by the number of active registered members. Most of the veterans here have since come and go: Lumireaver (never met him/her, unfortunately), achartran (one of my friends, and I had some very 'fond' memories with him), Just_Another_Guy_:) (one of the most fun users I've ever met [i copyright calling him by his full penname!]), TheWolf277 (another one of my friends), Kimbblesrath (he still goes here sometimes, but still. Also one of my closer friends), Srgnoodles (she still attends here too, but...), Killster550 (first user I've ever met and talked to on this site, if I remember correctly. Fondest of memories with him [especially the Name Me! Derail, that was fun]), Sting_Auer, Deathbytac0, ECC, Treyflix, HunterKain, Scooterdanny, Trancengopher, Jed1314, EternalUndeath, Crysyn (he was more of a moderator on this site, but still...), and several more.

That's a lot of the veterans I haven't seen in a while, now.

Oh I'm always here. Even when I don't post. Heck even when I have a hiatus from TFC. The forums here are full of many smart people and I enjoy looking at the discussions. Instead of reading the news (which I find depressing) I go here. Haha!

Also I miss JAG. He was my favorite member of the forums. Also what about Infinus5? He was a prospector by profession if I remember correctly. Lots of fascinating info on geology from him.

Bumping this back up for newcomers and veterans to intermingle for the purposes of discussing both past and current events.