Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Viaknar

My Suggetion topic

9 posts in this topic

Ok so I have come up with a few ideas for TFC. I am planning on putting all of my suggestions here. NOTE: Feel free to pm me.

First off I would like to ask how far into the future are you planing on going with this. By this I mean are you going to just replace the vanilla MC survival or are you going as far as machines like the mods Buildcraft or Industralraft (Obviously not asking if your going to make these mods "work with" your mod) Also this is more of a curiosity then a suggestion.

Anyway onto my suggestions.

1) Backpacks. Multiple tiers of these Like the first be made out of 8 leather surrounding a knife to craft and has 5 slots (Not rows) and a big leather one using a different type of leather or many bags together with a knife to craft and have like 2 rows. So on and so forth.

2) Thirst and hunger go away a little faster. Both for while active and doing nothing.(Ive always felt this needs to be a bit harder to manage.)

3) The javelin should do a bit more damage but use durability while thrown and use a lot of it.

4) Weapons I know that mace vs sword has be discussed but here is my take along with questions about weapons. Maces should be slow swing, heavy knock back, and great for armor. Swords should be fast, high damage, great for mob fights. Also the suggestion about the heavy metals being better for maces and lighter better for swords is a great idea as well. Now for the questions.

1) Are you planing on making more for weapons. Like crossbows and larger slower weapons i.e great swords etc etc.

2) If you are planing to go father into weapons could you make a long bow. Like it takes a long time to draw to full power >>>>but would have a much higher velocity, more punch and of course more damage.

I would suggest reviving old topics or making each thing you want to talk about separate. Otherwise, your single topic is very much going to die.

first of all, placeholders are unneccesary since if you edit your topic your post will push the ones below it away, secondly, i agree with all of them :D

I agree with the backpacks part... impartial at the moment on the rest.

My two sense on the backpacks would be to tweak the inventory system a bit. Perhaps have the inventory size be reduced (or not) and have a couple extra equipment slots like the armor slost only one for a pack and another for a quiver. When the pack is equipped it increases the inventory size and when the quiver is equipped it adds a few specialty slots for arrows. Another thought... which I'm fairly certain has been suggested before... is too have a craftable seed bag in which you can store all your seeds.

Anyways, those are my random musings on the idea of a pack. Pretty much just what I've randomly thought about while playing. I will admit they aren't as well thought out as I would like them to be but I thought I'd share anyways.

Linking the inventory to your XP level would be more believable, imho.

At the moment XP extends your life and water stats, but it could also give you, lets say, 1 slot extra for every 5 XP lvls.

The seed bag would also make sense, and save inventory space.

Quiver, imo, is not relevant at this point because the arrows are like throwing darts, it only makes the mobs more angry, and that's about it :)

I agree with xp giving 1 more slot per 5xp levels and nerfing water and hunger status , i would like to se the diference said of the mace and sword , arrows should have quivers but its to much to ask for the lazy developer (sorry Dunk but its true) arows should do more damage and maces should have a better efect on armor , I disagree with the backpack if the quiver and backpack and chestplate were on you're back you would die of the burden and it would be highly inefective to carry so much on you're person .

I say hunger and water go down really quickly at the start, but slow down once you aren't full.

This way you can eat very little food but just not be able to sprint, not regen health, etc.