Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
halfmaster1

Planks and Bricks

8 posts in this topic

Don't you guys find it strange that you can put a stack of cobble stone in with a chisel, and boom, out pops a stack of bricks? If the game is going to be like this, why can't we just put resources in our crafting bench, and place down a house?

I think that in order to get a brick, you should have to place a raw stone somewhere, maybe smooth it, and the chisel it into a brick shape. You can then mine it, craft it with three others, and you have a brick block. Don't worry, you still have slab mode, so it shouldn't take more than 5 seconds. And if your really lazy, go make some blueprints.

Of course, this would waste a lot of chisel durability, and a lot of stone. Alternatively, perhaps you could manage to cut the stone into two or even four bricks.

If you don't want to got through all this bother, then you can take a chisel, go into detailed mode, and just draw bricks on the side of your house.

This would make bricks more valuable, and perhaps make a bricksmith a necessary job in TerraFirmaCraft communities.

My second suggestion is to change how planks are created. This one isn't nearly as annoying as bricks.

You have to place down a log block so that it surrounded on all four sides when looked at from above. Simply mine it with an axe or a saw, and a third, or an eighth, will get destroyed and a plank will drop. Continue to mine it to get the rest of the planks. The destroy time would be pretty low, to make up for the fact you don't get the entire block and you already cut it down.

So, what do you guys think? Is it good, is it horrible, or do you have something additional to suggest?

I don't like the idea. I think TFCraft is almost perfect the way it is. Its easy to pick up, seems natural, and is similar enough to vanilla for newbies. I think that things like this could make this mod into a useless thing like that damn BetterThanWolves. Has anyone really used that recently? Probably not. Why? Its too difficult, and the hardcore modes make the gameplay so unnatural that its too much of a pain to do much of anything.

"""""""""""""""""""""-.- You can chisel stone to the brick stage when it is placed down do you're research.

I don't like the idea. I think TFCraft is almost perfect the way it is. Its easy to pick up, seems natural, and is similar enough to vanilla for newbies. I think that things like this could make this mod into a useless thing like that damn BetterThanWolves. Has anyone really used that recently? Probably not. Why? Its too difficult, and the hardcore modes make the gameplay so unnatural that its too much of a pain to do much of anything.

Well, the real motivation why no one uses that mod is because BetterThanWolves doesn't use Forge, this means that the compatibility with other Forge mods is less than 0%. Instead, TFC uses forge and in the future it will gain more compatibility.

Well, the real motivation why no one uses that mod is because BetterThanWolves doesn't use Forge, this means that the compatibility with other Forge mods is less than 0%. Instead, TFC uses forge and in the future it will gain more compatibility.

From what I've seen thus far, Bukkit compatibility goes a bit farther than Forge compatibility does. Or maybe I'm biased, since my primary vanilla server (Civcraft) is Bukkit-based, and most of my news on mods and updates is through there.

I have to disagree with this idea. Although it may be more believable, the game has to balance between being difficult and believable and simply too tedious to enjoy playing. It can be tedious enough building a whole building/structure/road out of bricks, but it is still enjoyable. If you over complicate the process too much and tilt the scale to far in the wrong direction. Just my personal opinion.

Dunk has already stated that a more complex (but not as tedious as this) system is being worked on and will be implemented in the very near future. With mortar.

"""""""""""""""""""""-.- You can chisel stone to the brick stage when it is placed down do you're research.

And what do you get when you mine it? A brick? If so, then why can you use the crafting menu?

Also,

Dunk has already stated that a more complex (but not as tedious as this) system is being worked on and will be implemented in the very near future. With mortar.

Yay!

I thought my suggestion was tedious, but I couldn't come up with any easier ways. If Dunk can, that is great!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0