Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
MrHowardguy

List of Mods that go well with TFCraft

19 posts in this topic

I would like to know a lot of good mods that go well with TFCraft. The first mod I'm gonna use is the medicine mod because it seems cool.

aaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnddddddd another thread about this!!!!!!!

For god sake people! use the search button, theres already three or more threads like this.

SMART moving, Zan's minimap (recently updated) , REI's minimap, parachute mod, etc.

aaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnddddddd another thread about this!!!!!!!

For god sake people! use the search button, theres already three or more threads like this.

I've tried it recently. Its awful, you can't find another thread like this. You'd probably be better off randomly going through the old threads.

Yubyub, I agree, people need to use the search function, but it isn't always obvious as to what keywords to use. But tutletechy, a simple search for " mods compatibility" gives this thread:

It is a little out of date, but hope it helps. :D

Yubyub, I agree, people need to use the search function, but it isn't always obvious as to what keywords to use. But tutletechy, a simple search for " mods compatibility" gives this thread: http://terrafirmacra...patibility-list

It is a little out of date, but hope it helps. :D

That's a bit different than what I thought to search for. And the fact that its out of date makes all the difference. A few weeks of minecraft dev could mean mods that aren't compatible anymore. And that list is actually pretty inaccurate. I've tried some that it lists as incompatible and they work, however, with some errors. It could be fixed by someone with enough know how as for the errors with Millenaire.

It sounds to me that you're looking more for mods that go well with TFC thematically, not necessarily if they're compatible or not. Am I guessing right there?

If so, there's a few that come to mind. Obviously, the medical mod was made more or less with TFC in mind from the get-go, and you mentioned that in the OP. You also mentioned smart moving, which is definitely a good fit. I would say that Ropes Plus, minus the elemental arrows, would fit nicely into the the TFC theme. Some of Xie's mods would fit, I'd think.

I should probably get around to decompiling Ropes Plus sometime and get some rope functionality added to my TFC server, now that I think about it.

It sounds to me that you're looking more for mods that go well with TFC thematically, not necessarily if they're compatible or not. Am I guessing right there?

If so, there's a few that come to mind. Obviously, the medical mod was made more or less with TFC in mind from the get-go, and you mentioned that in the OP. You also mentioned smart moving, which is definitely a good fit. I would say that Ropes Plus, minus the elemental arrows, would fit nicely into the the TFC theme. Some of Xie's mods would fit, I'd think.

I should probably get around to decompiling Ropes Plus sometime and get some rope functionality added to my TFC server, now that I think about it.

I tried it once. It doesn't work properly. If it did though, that would be the coolest thing for scaling mountains.

Smart moving: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/361430-147smp-smart-moving/

Recommended, fits TFC really well

Multi Mine: http://www.atomicstryker.net/multimine.html

For those blocks that take a while and you want to scratch your nose.

Minor visual bugs, needs a config to work with TFC properly, bug with not being able to harvest charcoal (config needs to be updated)

TFC config: http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/2037-multimine-configs-for-tfc/

Matmos: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/379925-146-matmos-r21-environmental-sound-atmosphere-simulator/

Works wonders for atmosphere.

TFC config: http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/1768-matmos-configurations-for-tfc-updated/

Backpacks: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1492661-147-backpacks-v-157/

Makes the game easier, not for everyone, I use it on SSP, because I have limited play time, so I don't have to travel around as much, especially when mining. Large backpacks don't work I think and the dies didn't seem to work for me (haven't tried too much).

On top of that, NEI works, though there's no TFC plugin, so it's not as useful as it could be for recipes.

Speaking of MAtmos, I can slowly work on adding enviroments into it. I don't have much time, but I still should be able to add some kind of feel to it in couple of weeks of work. For now I mostly done with "vanilla" atmospheres and looking for ideas for custom TFC stuff, like support beams creaking, etc.

Speaking of MAtmos, I can slowly work on adding enviroments into it. I don't have much time, but I still should be able to add some kind of feel to it in couple of weeks of work. For now I mostly done with "vanilla" atmospheres and looking for ideas for custom TFC stuff, like support beams creaking, etc.

That would be cool :)

So, Avidavi of Simply Horses is working on Simply TerraFirmaHorses. That'll be fun.

If others haven't seen, Zan's minimap has been updated recently, and the terrain actually shows as green at least. Its pretty nice, and its cave system makes it easier to find exits from a cave or a mining system you've made.

Laterns Mod (might need to edit recipes using another mod: Custom NPCs), mbolz Medical Mod (created specifically for TFC. Medical bandages etc)

The Elegant Punt (sailboat mod... pretty cool!) Traincraft (for steam locomotives but some people think its too industrial age)

As I've suggested in the other thread, the Coral Reef mod works with TFC. It goes well with TFC (and by that I mean aesthetically). It makes the oceans look less barren. Just disable the glowing corals via the in-game config menu, and you should be good to go. Download link here.

tjrnxJL.png

Edited by atheoang3l0

This topic has been locked due to the fact that it was necro'd, and many of the mods listed in it are no longer compatible with TFC.