Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaGamerGang

Time Settings

43 posts in this topic

i was thinking that since i noticed that the months are like 9 days long, maybe there can be a setting that you can change how long each month is (it goes from 9 days to 30/31 and everything in between)

i was thinking that since i noticed that the months are like 9 days long, maybe there can be a setting that you can change how long each month is (it goes from 9 days to 30/31 and everything in between)

You can already do this by tweaking some numbers in the config file. Specifically the "days in a year" value. Just make sure to keep the value at multiples of 12, or else it will mess up.

well im not good with files so why not be able to do it in the option settings?

well im not good with files so why not be able to do it in the option settings?

Because that is unnecessary and not a priority. I'm not sure what you mean by "not good with files", but if you can use your keyboard you're good to go.

all im saying is that it would be nice to be able to change it IN GAME!

That would be stupid, because if you change it while you are playing, things can get really screwed up.

well maybe it gives you an option when you first make a new world

Dude, I'm glad you're full of ideas, but please don't make series of one-liners. you gotta expand and really think through your ideas.

I'm pretty sure the effects wouldn't take hold until you restarted minecraft.exe anyway, so there's really no point to it. At all.

/thread

Since you can change in game settings from vanilla minecraft in game without requiring a restart you would think you could do the same with any other setting. I agree this is not a priority but instead of just saying something like that you could just explain that it is currently easier to change the settings than it is to install the mod. Implementing this function would not be difficult because of the way option files work in programs. They are there to store the options between sessions and taking the minecraft options file into consideration, it gets read when you start minecraft and any settings you change in game don't directly change the file since this is pointless and inefficient. instead the appropriate variables that store the options are changed and then a piece of code ran when the settings menu is closed writes the options to the file. This still does not mean that the settings are read from the file when they need to be accessed since this is an inefficient waste of time.

As a response to the thread, I could make a program to edit the config if I had the time. Even if even I don't think its anything of a necessity. It would probably never be public anyway. I don't see what is so difficult in finding a text file, opening it, searching through it for the appropriate option tag and then just changing the option.

Our server uses:

336 days per year which is 84 day seasons, 28 day months, 7 day weeks, with 4 weeks in each month, over 12 months in a year. We also run this at 72000 cycles resulting in 30 minutes of daylight 4.5 minute dusk, 4.5 minute dawn, 21 minute night. This makes 2 real life weeks = 1 minecraft year. If you use REI's minimap then change it to use daylight mapping or the mapping shaders will get off. Alternatively you could yse 36000 cycles and 1 week real life = 1 year minecraft.

Default is 8 days in a month, which is conveniently the same number of phases of the minecraft moon. You can technically figure out the day of the month by which phase is in the sky each night.

Sweet Dunk ! Didn't know that :D ! Keep on the good work on TFC !

Default is 8 days in a month, which is conveniently the same number of phases of the minecraft moon. You can technically figure out the day of the month by which phase is in the sky each night.

I didn't know that.

P.S. was a supposed to PM you about the title changing thing? Copper Minor is hilarious btw.

I didn't know that.

P.S. was a supposed to PM you about the title changing thing? Copper Minor is hilarious btw.

Generally when people request a custom title, (and I grant them one) they tell me what to name them. Otherwise I come up with one on my own.

or we come up with our own crazy stuff, like me and JAG :P

Generally when people request a custom title, (and I grant them one) they tell me what to name them. Otherwise I come up with one on my own.

Oh okay.

Can I have 'spontaneous combustible?'

I'm using combustible in the noun sense of something that combusts. If that's too strange, 'spontaneously combustible' uses it in the adjective sense. Whichever makes more sense to you, thanks.

Oh okay.

Can I have 'spontaneous combustible?'

I'm using combustible in the noun sense of something that combusts. If that's too strange, 'spontaneously combustible' uses it in the adjective sense. Whichever makes more sense to you, thanks.

I've done exactly as you asked :)

I've done exactly as you asked :)/>

English grammar states that punctuation be placed inside quotation marks. That does not mean they get included.

Here is what I intended:

Spontaneous Combustible

English grammar states that punctuation be placed inside quotation marks. That does not mean they get included.

Here is what I intended:

Spontaneous Combustible

That rule makes no sense and is literally the only rule I don't follow when I'm writing something and ensuring its grammatically correct.

Me being a programmer it seems to me like writing

a_void_function_also_known_as_a_procedure(this_is_a_parameter, this_is_another_parameter;)

instead of

a_void_function_also_known_as_a_procedure(this_is_a_parameter, this_is_another_parameter);

Hmm, interesting that they both make emoticons. And then there's the ;} - now that just looks creepy.

Then you write wrong.

Here are sample sentences.

He said, "the cat ate the rat". WRONG

He said, "the rat ate the cat." CORRECT

Then you write wrong.

Here are sample sentences.

He said, "the cat ate the rat". WRONG

He said, "the rat ate the cat." CORRECT

Facepalm, well done Sherlock, you solved the puzzle, I'm not following the rules, its not like I just wrote that.

That rule makes no sense and is literally the only rule I don't follow when I'm writing something and ensuring its grammatically correct.

If I actively decide not to follow that rule then that means I don't care that it makes my grammar incorrect otherwise I wouldn't be doing it would I?

Facepalm, well done Sherlock, you solved the puzzle, I'm not following the rules, its not like I just wrote that.

If I actively decide not to follow that rule then that means I don't care that it makes my grammar incorrect otherwise I wouldn't be doing it would I?

There's a difference between "I don't follow that rule because I don't believe in it" and "I choose not to follow that rule because it's inconvenient." Now, Grammar Nazism aside, is everyone clear what I meant?

Good.

Now, in the off topic forums, I'd love to have a long chat about which grammar rules are worth following on the Internet. But not here, and not now.

http://www.grammarbo...tion/quotes.asp

Second point. Clearly shows that you only include the question mark inside the quotation if you are quoting a question. Therefore, your requested title was a question.

(I'm not doing this to make you look bad btw, I just wanted to make sure I haven't been doing it wrong my whole life :( )

http://www.grammarbo...tion/quotes.asp

Second point. Clearly shows that you only include the question mark inside the quotation if you are quoting a question. Therefore, your requested title was a question.

(I'm not doing this to make you look bad btw, I just wanted to make sure I haven't been doing it wrong my whole life :( )

Rule 1

Periods and commas always go inside quotation marks, even inside single quotes.

taken from your site.

Again, just making sure elementary school teachers weren't trolls.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0