Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Krski

Suport beams and their chandge

14 posts in this topic

Has anyone questioned why would you need to cut you're block of wood down to a skinny wood fence sized thing , when you can just use a log to suport a cave ?

Suggestion :

-Get rid of the suport beam items

-Give wood the ability to suport like suport beam items

Yes you could do that easily , and yes logs are placable in the x and y axis to create a vertical and horizontal log (maybe even different wood types suport differently)

Support beans have an aesthetic feature to them as well. I say leave them be.

Yeah. I would be perfectly fine with wood itself being able to support the blocks, but why TAKE away support beams? Like warfighter said, they have an aesthetic purpose as well.

Yeah. I would be perfectly fine with wood itself being able to support the blocks, but why TAKE away support beams? Like warfighter said, they have an aesthetic purpose as well.

The aesthetic is awesome. However, I'd love to see the support beams made into just one item (instead of having both horizontal and vertical). Just make them able to be placed on either axis, similar to current wood blocks.

Someone has already confirmed that logs will be able to support roofs in TFC2 and that support beams will also stay.

Huh really ? How come you're so much informed than the rest of us?

:P

(really how ?)

Huh really ? How come you're so much informed than the rest of us?

:P

(really how ?)

1) IRC

2) The support beam thing was mentioned on the forums by Crysyn I think.

Oh...... sry then , so i copyed a thread?I am sorry i will use the search bar next time ; )

Oh...... sry then , so i copyed a thread?I am sorry i will use the search bar next time ; )

Mehh, ignorance happens. Expecting you to read the entire website before you post a thread is a bit much.

Of course, I'm biased, as I've not read more than a handful of the site yet, so there.

It wasn't a thread dedicated to the subject, just a single post somewhere in the TFC2 forum and I can't find it anymore.

Support beans have an aesthetic feature to them as well. I say leave them be.

Support beans are the beans that back up the main beans in a bean casserole.

Navy beans are tiny legumes on a boat.

String beans are what children used to tie shoes with back in the olden days.

Chick peas is what my girlfriend do when she drink too much beer.

Holendaise Sauce is for everydays... not just Holendaise....

I like the support beams. There was actually a mod called Frames that let you make window sills and support beams, though they never served any purpose other than visual.

What we really need, is trees to have variable trunk sizes, almost like fruit trees, but variable from 1m diameter, to 1/8m diameter. This would mean that you would not need to make your own support beams because some trees would have trunks more suitable for the support than others. the only problem this causes is that as far as I know, there is some silly problems with rendering efficiency when rendering non full size blocks(probably the fact that they have more surfaces in different places), meaning that adding such a system might cause a significant hit on frame rates.

There is a nice tree post somewhere on the forums i suggest you check it out !

That was my post. Crysyn said it was coming and locked it.