Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
AlmightySquid

TFC Build 76!!!

175 posts in this topic

/me stops playing Far Cry 3 when b76 comes out.

None of those changes look world breaking. *whew*

I wonder what else if anything is coming.

Bob

I hope remapping the "L" key works in this version, playing on my laptop is a bit iffy... Wish I could watch the video, kinda excited to see whats new!

The new changes look pretty neat. One question and one suggestion, though...

The question: How does chisel life for making bricks in the new method compare to the old? Can we expect to get roughly the same amount of completed brick blocks per chisel (since the ratio of stone to brick block is now 1.25:1 instead of 1:1) or are single bricks going to be using up the same amount of chisel life as brick blocks do currently (meaning that you'd only getting a measly 20% of the amount of completed brick blocks per chisel after the change)?

And the suggestion: I like process for making mortar, but I'm afraid that, especially in later stages, the amount of available sand may become a big issue. Based on the video, 1 block of sand will make 16 stone brick blocks. The problem is that in the later stages of the game, a lot of people like to convert their structures to stone brick (and I like to make a workshop out of stone bricks as soon as I have access to a chisel), and I've played on several seeds where it was a chore to come across any meaningful amount of sand when I'm ready add glass for fanciness (and it doesn't help that sand to glass is 1:1 so there'd be a lot of glass shortage from this as well). So, with that taken into account, how about adding a "cement mixer" made of steel plates and powered with redstone that could produce mortar at a better ratio? This would help out in the late game, when you want to take a break from searching for metals to advance through the ages and start building cool stuff.

Looking forward to seeing what else you've got in store for B76; I'm hoping that chisel usage from smoothing stone and metal armor revampage made it in for sure! :P

The new changes look pretty neat. One question and one suggestion, though...

The question: How does chisel life for making bricks in the new method compare to the old? Can we expect to get roughly the same amount of completed brick blocks per chisel (since the ratio of stone to brick block is now 1.25:1 instead of 1:1) or are single bricks going to be using up the same amount of chisel life as brick blocks do currently?

And the suggestion: I like process for making mortar, but I'm afraid that, especially in later stages, the amount of available sand may become a big issue. Based on the video, 1 block of sand will make 16 stone brick blocks. The problem is that in the later stages of the game, a lot of people like to convert their structures to stone brick (and I like to make a workshop out of stone bricks as soon as I have access to a chisel), and I've played on several seeds where it was a chore to come across any meaningful amount of sand. So, with that taken into account, how about adding a "cement mixer" made of steel plates and powered with redstone that could produce mortar at a better ratio? This would help out in the late game, when you want to take a break from searching for metals to advance through the ages and start building cool stuff.

Looking forward to seeing what else you've got in store for B76; I'm hoping that chisel usage from smoothing stone and metal armor revampage made it in for sure! :P

Maybe rather than making a mixer that could produce cement at a better ratio, possibly a way to smash rocks in to sand using something like a hammer (On the non flux stones, possibly restrict it to igneous intrusive+).

Or a form of the quern using high end metals that could also grind rocks in to sand.

I like everything about this so much. It is amazing how much he's just done almost all of the things I've thought were missing.

I'm really scared by the requirements for mortar, but apart from that, cool changes :)

Hello guys. To answer a few questions: chisels do not take less damage than they used to. If all you did with a chisel was make bricks, you would only be able to produce 80% as many bricks as you used to. HOWEVER, I have tweaked the chisel slightly, and you *should* notice that chisels last 3 x longer when working with detailed blocks.

As for sand, if you don't mind a bit of a journey, deserts spawn in TFC at around z = -5000 to 5000, and you can find loads of sand there. Part of the fun of the game will be that not all of the resources you need will be located in the same place. Large servers will find it advantageous to capitalize on their local resources when trading.

Also, what's this about an L-key binding issue? If you tell me what it is, I'll try to fix it.

Dunk just uploaded this video to his YT channel! :D

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FF2OglEAbY

Woow is this dunk's voice? Niiiiiceee :lol:

EDIT: Placeable ingots!!!!! My secret dream :o I love you, my devs :wub:

EDIT2: Incredible. You added unexpected things and lots of awesome stuff...I am really surprised. Dunk, with this you show us that you can learn quickly how to code and also that you can keep TFC alive :lol:

Woow is this dunk's voice? Niiiiiceee :lol:

>______>

my god finally something i can do with my piles of sphalerite yay

dunk, you may not believe it but your voice, when we canhear it over game audio (:P) is really nice to listen to when you're explaining stuff, its like your a tour guide, explaining but not being so overly present which would make us pay attention to YOU and not the things we're looking at :D

As for sand, if you don't mind a bit of a journey, deserts spawn in TFC at around z = -5000 to 5000, and you can find loads of sand there. Part of the fun of the game will be that not all of the resources you need will be located in the same place. Large servers will find it advantageous to capitalize on their local resources when trading.

Fair point. I'll relocate :). I guess this does make flux and sand more important, which is probably a good thing. Also, I've been looking to add Simply Horses, which might be a good mod to transport tons of this stuff. Dunk, do you recommend the Simply Horses with TFC add-on (being our resident mob mod expert and all)?

Fair point. I'll relocate :). I guess this does make flux and sand more important, which is probably a good thing. Also, I've been looking to add Simply Horses, which might be a good mod to transport tons of this stuff. Dunk, do you recommend the Simply Horses with TFC add-on (being our resident mob mod expert and all)?

Yeah, avi's a friend and a frequent IRC visitor. She made a great mod.

Are you going to retexture those? The bricks looked a bit flat, and the ingots were a solid colour.

Really excited though.

I would think the texturing could be left to the texture forums.

Also, what's this about an L-key binding issue? If you tell me what it is, I'll try to fix it.

Since the ability to lock the chisel to a block was introduced, I have been unable to free up the L-key to other bindings (namely rebinding A to L, I'm a dirty South Paw :))

If I go into the Controls Options and rebind the default L-key for chisel lock to anything else, and then rebind left to L, pressing L will not make the character move. It seems that it just keeps L as chisel lock no matter what I try to set it to.

It's only a minor issue though, crops up when I use my laptop. Though I'm stuck with the laptop for the next 20 days :)

Dunk - now that we have mortar, any chance you could add the ability to cook up clay bricks and use them in the same recipe with mortar to make clay brick blocks for fancy structures?

Dunk - now that we have mortar, any chance you could add the ability to cook up clay bricks and use them in the same recipe with mortar to make clay brick blocks for fancy structures?

I never have excess clay :o

At most, I have maybe a double chest of the stuff, which I go through pretty quickly once I start smithing. I leave craters all around the landscape, hauling clay. Last thing I'd do is use the stuff for aesthetics :D

With the greater expense of bricks, what are the chances of making them take longer to dig than cobblestone?

With the greater expense of bricks, what are the chances of making them take longer to dig than cobblestone?

seems like a reasonable idea. hopefully it is implemented, it should take longer to tear bricks and mortar away than to unpile a stack of rocks. hopefully you still get the block and not a pile of bricks though.

Dunkle, with the newer versions of MC you are supposed to be able to connect a minecart to another one in vanilla, can we have that enabled in TFC?

Dunkle, with the newer versions of MC you are supposed to be able to connect a minecart to another one in vanilla, can we have that enabled in TFC?

I've not heard of this, mind citing a source?

I've not heard of this, mind citing a source?

As far as I know that is a snapshot feature (to be added in the 1.5 branch), and not in 1.4.7.

But yeah, if TFC is updated to that version I see no reason for minecarts to not behave that way. I doubt Dunk will disable it on purpose, and if he doesn't touch anything it won't break.