Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
AlmightySquid

TFC Build 76!!!

175 posts in this topic

B77? You'll be working on TFC1, even after B76?

uhh... yeah. I've been on the team since near the very beginning of the mod. I have way too many ideas that I want to implement and the forums is a near-endless source of cool things to add, so I don't think I'll be calling it quits anytime soon.

Must take tons of time to smelt them without a bellows tho, dang

Sometimes it does, yeah. Sometimes not.

uhh... yeah. I've been on the team since near the very beginning of the mod. I have way too many ideas that I want to implement and the forums is a near-endless source of cool things to add, so I don't think I'll be calling it quits anytime soon.

What's about ability to color glass? This should be the great addition to creative segment of TFC. But adding dye isn't realistic and interesting. Maybe real process of making a glass? As in real world. Sand + soda, sulfat, carbonat + lime? This can be melted in forge. In the end of process, player gets glass. We can get color with adding to powder dye. Not vanilla-dye, but something looks like mineral dust or gem dust (unrealistic).

By the way, we can get color wool with adding dye to water in barrel, and throwing piece of wool in to barrel.

What's about ability to color glass? This should be the great addition to creative segment of TFC. But adding dye isn't realistic and interesting. Maybe real process of making a glass? As in real world. Sand + soda, sulfat, carbonat + lime? This can be melted in forge. In the end of process, player gets glass. We can get color with adding to powder dye. Not vanilla-dye, but something looks like mineral dust or gem dust (unrealistic).

By the way, we can get color wool with adding dye to water in barrel, and throwing piece of wool in to barrel.

Realistic glass making is something I've considered. It could be interesting because different qualities of glass could be made overtime as players gained access to different materials. The thing that's been preventing me are a fwe factors about the game. For starters, TFC sand is closer to gravel, and not silica as most sand is (ever notice how the colour of sand is related to the colour of the parent rock in the biome?). Secondly, motlen glass would have to be cast (probably into panes) which are difficult because you can't currently break glass and pick it back up after breaking it.

As for stained glass, it's traditionally made by adding finely powdered metals or minerals, which we're not exactly in short supply of, so it could be fun.

Using barrels to dye wool has been suggested already and I think it's a great idea. Thank you.

Realistic glass making is something I've considered. It could be interesting because different qualities of glass could be made overtime as players gained access to different materials. The thing that's been preventing me are a fwe factors about the game. For starters, TFC sand is closer to gravel, and not silica as most sand is (ever notice how the colour of sand is related to the colour of the parent rock in the biome?). Secondly, motlen glass would have to be cast (probably into panes) which are difficult because you can't currently break glass and pick it back up after breaking it.

As for stained glass, it's traditionally made by adding finely powdered metals or minerals, which we're not exactly in short supply of, so it could be fun.

Using barrels to dye wool has been suggested already and I think it's a great idea. Thank you.

The only bad thing is that you're alone on working to there releases, it would be better if someone could join to your work, things will develop almost twice faster

The only bad thing is that you're alone on working to there releases, it would be better if someone could join to your work, things will develop almost twice faster

I actually prefer to work in smaller groups than larger ones. If I really need the help, Bioxx has assured me he'd be happy to lend a hand. Overall, I'm happy with the way things are going and progressing.

I have a question for you dunk.

If some of us, who would like to help, were to develop and provide you with usable plant, tree, insects, AI, etc. source code, would that help?

Would you even be interested in something like that?

And, you don't need to explain yourself, a "yes" or "no" will do.

I have a question for you dunk.

If some of us, who would like to help, were to develop and provide you with usable plant, tree, insects, AI, etc. source code, would that help?

Would you even be interested in something like that?

And, you don't need to explain yourself, a "yes" or "no" will do.

no, but I appreciate the offer. I will be looking into those things in the future if that's what you guys are interested in having.

I have a bit of a suggestion, would it be possible to make maps more 'realistically accessible' so it doesn't take a compass to craft one? What I think is that there should be a set of 'Scribing Tools' added, they would be used for writing books in the scribing table and the same set of tools would be used on the vanilla 'blank map' (which it's self would have a new crafting recipe) in the table, and that would give you a written map, the same way maps used to work, as to where it is crafted is where the center is. I think it would just add that one extra layer of realism, because I believe you can't even get maps at this point in development.

I have a bit of a suggestion, would it be possible to make maps more 'realistically accessible' so it doesn't take a compass to craft one? What I think is that there should be a set of 'Scribing Tools' added, they would be used for writing books in the scribing table and the same set of tools would be used on the vanilla 'blank map' (which it's self would have a new crafting recipe) in the table, and that would give you a written map, the same way maps used to work, as to where it is crafted is where the center is. I think it would just add that one extra layer of realism, because I believe you can't even get maps at this point in development.

Maps would be interesting, but I don't know how I'd go about balancing it.

Will you ever update to 1.5.1 or will there be another vanilla update before that xD just curious!

Will you ever update to 1.5.1 or will there be another vanilla update before that xD just curious!

I'm trying to debug it atm

I'm trying to debug it atm

Yay for 1.5.1!

I wish you good luck and great quickness in fixing!

We're all pretty excited for an update, and having it be for 1.5.1 (assuming its 1.5.1 instead of 1.5, which it very likely is since that isn't the hard part) is all the better!

Any chance of adding inferior rawhide armor, for those that don't have access to flux->limewater?

Any chance of adding inferior rawhide armor, for those that don't have access to flux->limewater?

Sub leather? why even bother :P

Bur anyways, flux isn't all that hard to get, usually can find some flux stone without tooo much effort

Dunk, you're bloody awesome.

That is all.

Sub leather? why even bother :P/>/>

Bur anyways, flux isn't all that hard to get, usually can find some flux stone without tooo much effort

Flux is the pre-requisite for advanced blacksmithing *and* leather now. While you may usually be able to find it easily -- and I have, this isn't a request to make my game easier-- it can be very hard to get ahold of. See spumwack's LP for an example of a flux poor start. This makes the consequences of not finding a single item worse.

Also IMHO, it kind of messes up the feel of the Stone Age. Unless you find borax specifically, you need a *metal* hammer to get flux. Going around dresses in hides seems a stereotypical Stone Age thing-- it's clothes-making level zero. But now it will normally only be possible once the player reaches metal.

I'm perfectly able to make flux with stone hammers in my current world... does that change in B76?

Flux is the pre-requisite for advanced blacksmithing *and* leather now. While you may usually be able to find it easily -- and I have, this isn't a request to make my game easier-- it can be very hard to get ahold of. See spumwack's LP for an example of a flux poor start. This makes the consequences of not finding a single item worse.

Also IMHO, it kind of messes up the feel of the Stone Age. Unless you find borax specifically, you need a *metal* hammer to get flux. Going around dresses in hides seems a stereotypical Stone Age thing-- it's clothes-making level zero. But now it will normally only be possible once the player reaches metal.

actually, flux can be made with a stone hammer like omicron says

actually, flux can be made with a stone hammer like omicron says

*Eleazzar scowls in the wiki's direction.

*Eleazzar scowls in the wiki's direction.

Don't worry. I think we WANTED to make it only with metal hammers, but we forgot to turn stone hammers off and now that flux is so necessary, we're leaving it on.

Yeah, with that in mind I can see where you are coming from.. I am glad I never read that section of the wiki to confuse me eh haha :)

So will leather have a stronger armor bonus now that it will be more difficult to make?

So will leather have a stronger armor bonus now that it will be more difficult to make?

I'll look into that for b77