Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bob

[Offline] Roanoke: A grey listed, modified, TFC server.

250 posts in this topic

path0mango

Welcome to Roanoke

Hey guys.. won't be on much next few days.. my Grandpa just died.. Really tough too. I am not gone, and I'll try to hit up IRC when I can, just wanted to let you know why I may be gone a bit

Hey guys.. won't be on much next few days.. my Grandpa just died.. Really tough too. I am not gone, and I'll try to hit up IRC when I can, just wanted to let you know why I may be gone a bit

I'm sorry for your loss

BTW oolacile's pigs in the pig farm were taking continuous damage causing unplayable lag. Don't overpopulate the pigs. ever.

Edit: they're dead, lag is gone

I'm really sorry for your loss josh :C

I found.. dropped Equipment of someone...at Skycity..

i stashed it in a safe place:) The person can contact me and will get it back :)

Hello,

In game name: ie43

I've played solo for quite a while and have grown bored of playing in isolation. Would like to play on an active server.

Favorite activities include community buildings and mine layouts without supports.

I'm getting a little frustrated at the fact that my list of mods clearly says"Traincraft", but when I try to join it says it's missing. I don't know, I just don't know.

-bob561

EDIT:Not mad at anyone, just at my inability to do this.

BTW oolacile's pigs in the pig farm were taking continuous damage causing unplayable lag. Don't overpopulate the pigs. ever.

Edit: they're dead, lag is gone

you're having lag and you claim it was the pigs yet no one else in the town had an issue. So you killed lots of our pigs?

Just because you're a citizen doesn't mean that's not a problem.

I'm getting a little frustrated at the fact that my list of mods clearly says"Traincraft", but when I try to join it says it's missing. I don't know, I just don't know.

-bob561

EDIT:Not mad at anyone, just at my inability to do this.

There is the traincraft mod, but there is also a traincraft.cfg that goes in your Config folder, thats what you need

IGN: Nivil

I have played on this server before, Bob maybe you can remember me.

I really liked atmosphere and people on the server.

Where can I find custom npc for 1.4.6?

With the link I can find only 1.4.5 and 1.4.7.

you're having lag and you claim it was the pigs yet no one else in the town had an issue. So you killed lots of our pigs?

Just because you're a citizen doesn't mean that's not a problem.

no, I didn't, I logged off and when I logged on there were a lot less pigs. I guess it was my lag, but when the pigs take damage like that, I get like 1 fps

I have a little thing here:

City Development Announcement

Takamori Village (Japanese - themed Village)

//Note: these are just examples of Japanese Villages, not the final building plan

Posted ImagePosted Image

**NEWS**'

The Location has been decided (if everyone likes it;) ) we are setting up a camp at x: 18700 z: -10100

Everyone is welcomed to join us there, if he has "applied" yet or not:)

Here's roughly where the location is situated on the worldmap.

Posted Image

Architectural Style:

The Building Style will be somewhat strictly overlooked by me (or possibly helpers),

but anyone is free to suggest, correct and criticize..

There are a number of well done Japanese Builds out there and they can serve as a general Guideline for the basic style.

I will just not a few now that i found on Google:

Minecraft intern:

Explained Basics of Japanese Architecture

(video)

A Japanese Building Pack (Vanilla ofc)

- the japanese part of that map is around x 570, z 300. you'll recognize it when you get there!!

- this one is very well made, the author has a very good understanding of the architecture

and made a lot of different shapes and sizes of japanese houses. Must see and great reference! :)

Random Epic Vista

Other Reference:

Wikipedia (Japanese Architecture)

Google (Traditional Japanese Architecture)

Features:

There is not yet an exact plan of the village, because that is largely dependent on the area we will build in.

But here are a few general goals/infos/milestones/

The village is supposed to be a farming village.

Naturally Rice will be the main crop.

It should consist of :

A village, consisting of a few houses along a street, which will serve as shops,

as well as farmhouses (You can choose to live in and therefore personalise either of those)

Two main public buildings/projects:

Temple :

Castle:

A Castle Map this one is a bit big for our purposes but it shows the defensive walls quite well :)

The Type and size of these will depend on the area.

They should both be highly decorated and can hardly be to big, so prepare for some serious timeinvestment.

I will draw plans, designsketches, landscaping ideas, and so on out partly to give us further guidelines to build along.

If you are capable of the same please feel free to do it and add up on our references :) I will most probably organize a google-drive-thingy for that.

About Me:

In case you don't know me, I will provide a bit of info on me and the way i work here:

First and foremost: I am a Unistudent. I might be busy sometimes with studying...sometimes...maybe.

I dare say that i am a fairly experienced and skilled builder, with a repertoir of a few differend Styles.

On this Server I am currently "employed" as "The Architect" designing and building questsites and other serverrelated stages.

The fruits of my work can therefore be viewed on the server itself (as of now: "The Piratecove" and "Skycity")

I have been to Japan in person for a while and have experienced the beauty and glory of that countries architecture first hand.

It's stunning..go there..you are missing great things and great people.

I have build several smaller to medium sized japanese houses, pagodas etc. but have not yet made anything big and/or a village of sorts. this is new ground for me as well !

My TFC behaviour is more or less nonexistant, as I mostly appreciate the mod for it's versatile building materials and methods.

That is how I come to the last part:

RECRUITMENT:

I am looking for creative heads/ dedicated builders, as well as miners, farmers and more as well as hybrids of anything that came before, so basically: YOU!!

Builders:

You don't have to be superbly skilled in order to participate. We all have started somewhere and have learned and improved.

Of course it is easier for you if you are.

However I do expect you to try to adapt to the Style I picked, do a bit of "research" (Google pictures is all i ask for :D) on the topic and do your best!

The ability to take critique and make compromises is also a must. We have to get to a certain point of "unity" in order to make the project look good as a package.

Also don't be afraid to ask anyone whose work you admire or like for help and advise and in turn be always ready to help and advise others.

As a last rule of thumb: Don't make everything as small/efficient/compact/squaredout/flat/symmetrical as possible. Organic building is the key to achieving a believable, natural and pleasant environment :)

Farmers:

Not much to say here, You can have your house build by dedicated builders or take on the challenge yourself. You will be in charge of personal fields (if you want to) and (as a group) the community ricefield. For farmbuilding similar rules too the above apply: Please do a little bit of research on how fields looked and worked in that time, and try to emulate that. Even if it cuts down your efficiency this is above all a building project..and you do want to have beautiful farms too right ? :)

Miners:

You are free to do what you want.

But: do not make underground railways...i don't like those. if we use rails, we will have them above ground and use a steamlocomotive to move the train...I know that is hilariously stupid seeing as there are minecarts..but i don't like them :D

Also: if you are a tunneler: if you find important ore be sure to tell the others and claim it. I will go by a very open mining rule, what is not claimed is free-for-all

If possible I'd like to have safe and rather immersive and believable mines. please place supports. if you find ore or want a supply station a bit further away, you are welcomed to tell the me/the builders/whoever and we can have smaller mining camps with horses and carts for transport and so on.

that will make the world look a bit more lively and interesting.

Of course not everyone is dedicated to doing one thing for a long time. This is just a general guideline...you can change "jobs", try things and have fun as much as you want :) If it aids the project that's good, if not...well anyone needs to take time off sometimes.

One of you will also be named the Daimyo/Mayor of our little clan.

I as a moderator of sorts cannot really take on that task..

I will however consider myself the spiritual leader of the village ;)

How that person will be chosen will be dependant on how many people we get and what you would like.

A Word on Economy: I personally are a "communist" person when it comes to township, what's mine is yours. But not everyone is like that. If you want to earn money for yourself, feel free to do so. We will have different people doing different things in our town.

Trading within the town is highly encouraged. even though we are a community!!

However I would appreciate it if everyone donated parts of their income to the town. I will not have official tax unless you think it is good and we are many people.

So that's the Project!!

If you are interested just PM me here or write me on the server/irc

Remember: This can become as big as we can make it!!

Invite friends from other servers, mods, games, realities and so on.

Bob and Josh will look into the whitelisting as usual and I bet they are happy for any new member to the server!

Hey guys, it's me, ryter78! I would love to be whitelisted on this server! I was looking around on the servers list, and this server just caught my attention. I shall accept the rules, and I'm decent at Terrafirmacraft, but I also have quite a lot of things I haven't tried in the mods!

no, I didn't, I logged off and when I logged on there were a lot less pigs. I guess it was my lag, but when the pigs take damage like that, I get like 1 fps

Bam and I also noticed this where the number of pigs varies drastically. Some days, there are a decent number but the density randomly increases to more than 1 pig per square. I haven't noticed any lag though.

Hello all!

Very busy but wonderful weekend. Sorry I was not around,

I am headed to class soon, but I will get to and address everything I can today.

Josh, Sorry about your Grandpa. Take all the time you need.

Bob

Getting a Null Pointer Exception??

Delete Friends Overlay (if you were using it)

Not sure why all the sudden its freaking out, but it is..

ie43

ryter78

Welcome to Roanoke

IGN: Nivil

I have played on this server before, Bob maybe you can remember me.

I really liked atmosphere and people on the server.

Where can I find custom npc for 1.4.6?

With the link I can find only 1.4.5 and 1.4.7.

Just use the new one. There is a link in the first post to the forum post which had the download.

Bam and I also noticed this where the number of pigs varies drastically. Some days, there are a decent number but the density randomly increases to more than 1 pig per square. I haven't noticed any lag though.

wierd, It only lags on the server and I'm the only one that experiences it.

Hey are there any towns recruiting?

did you see the "japanese village" post before? ;) so yeah I'm recruiting:)

did you see the "japanese village" post before? ;) so yeah I'm recruiting:)

Is the japanese village going to be built with gathered resources, and function as a town, or will it be another big project like skycity? (nothing against creative, just wondering)

it will be a normal town joey :) survival only! :) otherwise i wouldn't try to get miners and farmers, right ? ;)

//Edit: I have updated the info on the general location.

still no specific spot found:C

Ahh, good. Varash needs some competition, anyways.

Hey roanoke folks, I would like to join your server :)

The main reason for my interest is the fact that a lot of the people I used to play with have joined this server and they often talk about their endeavors here - and I am quite intrigued in these endeavors. It must be noted that I don't have any personal experience with your mods.

I think I would be a positive addition to your community because I am a quite positive person. I would also call myself a relatively decent minecraft player.

My IGN is "Charmisokay" and I have no bans on any server that I know of, but I do have a warning for cursing one time over at: play.ldshadowlady.com (hosted by abyssal gaming network) but that happened a long time ago and it wasn't even that serious (fell down some lava and said "shit")