Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bob

[Offline] Roanoke: A grey listed, modified, TFC server.

250 posts in this topic

hello charm! can't wait to see you here too.

If you come down in the south, I could get you a set of bronze tools .

edit: oh, and enough bread and onions to make everyone within a mile cry.

re-edit: by the way, for any new player: I can hire people to work for tools ( although other payment can be arranged)

ok, May I get my brother's old account on the whitelist?

he doesn't play the game anymore, but I want a fresh start and to test to see if the lag I got was from something in my account/posession/player

IGN:driragon

ok, May I get my brother's old account on the whitelist?

he doesn't play the game anymore, but I want a fresh start and to test to see if the lag I got was from something in my account/posession/player

IGN:driragon

This is samzataru right? If you are lagging hard it's because of the pigs in Oolacile. Anyone who is parked in Oolacile is unable to stay in the game for longer than an instant, and gets kicked immediately. It's being worked on I believe.

oh. then I WAS right the first time, ok thanks

You weren't and were right. It was the pigs taking damage that made you lag, but as of a day ago its not the pigs, its the chickens.

oh. then I WAS right the first time, ok thanks

This is samzataru right? If you are lagging hard it's because of the pigs in Oolacile. Anyone who is parked in Oolacile is unable to stay in the game for longer than an instant, and gets kicked immediately. It's being worked on I believe.

Sorry guys,

I intended to address the pig issue today but we have been slammed at work. I'm only now starting my morning duties.

I'll get to the game asap and see what can be done about rolling the pigs / town chunks back.

That said, I hope the oldest back up I have is old enough to make any difference.'

Anyway,

Soon.

Bob

Hey bob, any chance you could add my friend SMOKIN_P5YCHO to the server, trying to indoctrinate him... i mean teach him the ways of TFC

Cheers

How did you guys get animals breeding successfully anyway? thought that was bugged

Charmisokay

Welcome to Roanoke

Thanks a bunch for accepting me.

I am looking forward to it.

Also: Andrea, that sounds absolutely wonderful. Quite alike the first time we met, eh?

How did you guys get animals breeding successfully anyway? thought that was bugged

It is bugged lol but for some reason it was semi working for them.. but their pigs were having litters lol

Hello, my in game name is TownEater, and I'm interested in your server. I have a few questions, however. With all of these mods you have on the server, it seems like a pretty complex process to get in, and TFC is a complex mod to install in the first place. Is there any pre-built clients laying around? or perhaps a clear step-by-step guide with download links embedded?

Other than all that, I really would like to play on your server. I haven't played on a TFC public server in a while, and I find it fun to add to an economy, and trade with other players in a minecraft world where the realism is boosted so much. And, in the main post, it said there are already 6 player made villages, and I'd look forward to traveling and trading with them, if I didn't found one myself, or just live in one.

Anyways, let me know if you think I can join. If there is no simpler way to install all the mods, I'll knuckle down for an hour or so and just do it, but any simplified version of the directions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

TownEater

Hello, my in game name is TownEater, and I'm interested in your server. I have a few questions, however. With all of these mods you have on the server, it seems like a pretty complex process to get in, and TFC is a complex mod to install in the first place. Is there any pre-built clients laying around? or perhaps a clear step-by-step guide with download links embedded?

Hey, Town Eater.

I have hosted a package with everything one needs for Roanoke for my friends, download it HERE.

Just put the folders in "minecraft", agree to overwrite the minecraft.jar when it asks you to, launch the game.

Cheers,

~D~

Seeking build partner on the server that is interested in building , I take care of the smithing and mining mostly.

On the current map I have almost an endless supply of blue and red steel.

Also looking for someone to start the journey on the next map after this one.

Normal Server Time hours for me 7pm-11pm CST weekdays All day weekends

the breeding seems to take a few tries but it definitely works. ive fed the animals and had the breeding fail, but then the next time succeed. I dont know if cows only have 1 baby and pigs have something like 5-6 but it seems that way. I didnt count. Chickens have a few also.

IGN: Phinex224

Why Me: Well, I've just recently gotten into TFC. I got into it by finding a modpack for the Technic Platform that simply consisted of this mod, NEI, and REI's Minimap. I've had a blast so far, which is a surprise for me, since this is the first time I've played Minecraft without 60+ mods installed to have a good time. I want to join a community that I know I can fit in well with, meet new people, and have a good time without the fear of people running me over and treating me like I'm beneath them. This is something I experience in many servers, more on open servers, and I'm sick of it. So what better way then to start fresh with a new server, mod, and experiences.

My contributions to the server would probably be steered more towards a sort of role play. I always enjoy working with people to create towns "realistically" and with this mod I feel like that this is a much higher possibility. I also enjoy building ascetically pleasing structures, and have spent more time building my homes then I have experiencing my 60+ mods I had installed.

So that's basically me. I've never been banned, kicked, or jailed and I'm always a nice person to talk to. I hope that not only will me being on this server help me learn the mod in a new and engaging way, but also to meet new and friendly people.

Other than all that, I really would like to play on your server. I haven't played on a TFC public server in a while, and I find it fun to add to an economy, and trade with other players in a minecraft world where the realism is boosted so much. And, in the main post, it said there are already 6 player made villages, and I'd look forward to traveling and trading with them, if I didn't found one myself, or just live in one.

Anyways, let me know if you think I can join. If there is no simpler way to install all the mods, I'll knuckle down for an hour or so and just do it, but any simplified version of the directions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

TownEater

Hey TownEater, my advice on getting set up is to hop in our irc and let some players help you through it, we have a fair bit of experienced mod-users and even a few mod-makers that play here, and are often in our IRC channel.. check it out when your ready to get setup.. irc.esper.net #tfcroanoke

Hey TownEater, my advice on getting set up is to hop in our irc and let some players help you through it, we have a fair bit of experienced mod-users and even a few mod-makers that play here, and are often in our IRC channel.. check it out when your ready to get setup.. irc.esper.net #tfcroanoke

I already got it all set up, and I'm already talking with people on the irc, at this point I'm just waiting to be whitelisted, but thanks for the help!

TownEater

Phinex224

Welcome to Roanoke

Thanks Josh, just sitting down to do this.

Hey.

I can't connect to the server, it keeps saying Could Not Reach Server and yet it was working fine about 2 or 3 hours ago :(

I wouldn't be suprised if it was from my sh**ty single core, standard GPU computer but I was hoping,

Could you suggest anything for me to try that might fix it? I'm dying to get back on again. :(

Huge TFC + Roanoke Server Fan, SMOKIN_P5YCHO

Greetings all,

Please take a look at the following:

http://roanoke.enjin.com/forum/m/11939015/viewforum/2311456

and leave a reply.

Please do not read it as THIS WILL BE HAPPENING, rather read it as some of this will be happening on the current map, and when it dies the rest will be happening on the next map.

Also make note that this is on our new shiny and completely not set up server website! exciting!

Bob

So, as I was saying in game:

I was getting my friend Sawyer16042 (IGN), to come play with me, but he had issues making a forum account.

I've played minecraft with him from the beggining(beta 1.3), and I personally know him and can vouch for him, he wont cause any trouble. If you'd like a statement directly from him, I can get a direct Copy+Paste, but only if you think that's necessary.

Just a follow up to my last post, If you do not post and speak up on the other forums, then you will have no voice. I'll be moving most of my comments to that site.

Bob

Hello. I am somewhat new to TerraFirmaCraft; I found it during some random browsing one night and wanted to try it out. My friend and I started a small server to play together, and I enjoyed the process it took to finally find the initial metal and start toolmaking. Unfortunately, my friend was mostly interested in the farming side of it, and eventually lost interest in the mod due to the long farming wait times and a feeling that there wasn't much more the mod could offer him beyond that. Since then I haven't been able to get myself to stay with the game single player, as TerraFirma Craft seems like a mod well suited to small groups of players working together in a village, specializing to provide things for each other. In that light I found your thread here, and the idea of joining a village in Roanoke as miner sounds like it would be a lot of fun, if possible. I'd like to apply to join the server, thank you.

EDIT: Almost forgot, in-game name is ChubbyPitbull, same as forum name.