Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bob

[Offline] Roanoke: A grey listed, modified, TFC server.

250 posts in this topic

Roanoke

A grey listed, Modified, TFC server.

75.127.13.226:25715

Communicate with us on our new server website.

Roanoke is a community oriented and supported server with an active population, and an organically growing economy. At this time there are several player built villages and an entire world to explore. Our admin team strives to add TFC flavored content regularly including new and exciting mods, quests, and events.

Joining is easy, just post up a request in the forum. Please include your IGN and why you feel you would be a positive addition to our community. We then do a pretty through background check looking for bans and trends in behavior. After that process If we are still on the fence about adding you to the server, please know that a well written and properly punctuated post will count in your favor. I.e. just posting "pls adds IGN XXX" will no longer prompt us to start your background check. We strive to check applications at least once per day. But at times it may take longer. It’s worth the wait. We have a great crew.

If you do join us you are expected to follow some basic rules:

No Stealing

No Griefing

Be Respectful

Know that cheating, hacking, and not demonstrating respect will get you removed from the white list.

Holy_Shield said:

If it remotely feels like cheating or hacking, than it is, common sense.

The server is currently hosted with MPSERV.net, 24/7, 4 gigs of ram, 20 slots.

You can find the links to:

Minecraft 1.5.1

Forge7.7.1.650

Player API

Bibliocraft

CustomNPC

Lanterns

SimplyHorses

SmartMoving

TFC B76 Hotfix18 (This will continue to update)

TradeBooth

MyTown

LeatherWaterSkin

Terra Mobs 0.2

Terra Bow 0.7

Smallboats

On the Roanoke Server site.

Thank you and "Welcome to Roanoke"

Bob

I'm PsychoCannon (you can call me Cannon for short) and I'll be taking care of the Quests lines and some NPC's on the server :)

If any quests being build need a stage built, I'll post it here in case anyone wants to Volunteer.

Current Requirements: Filled.

Roanoke Quest system

We use Noppes Custom NPC mod to create quests.

Most longer quest lines will have "safe points" where you can sleep and securely store your items with "Bank" NPC's

Please be aware any items stored here are at your own risk and any custom content you engage in is also at your own risk though

admins will normally help you out and restore your gear if you encounter a bug or the like.

My Ethos is quests should be challenging and fun but the rewards not damaging to the server balance.

Many dungeons will involve traps though I will avoid instant death traps (though if you are low health I can't guarantee your saftey!)

If you are getting to an area that requires a group, you'll know it as difficulty will ramp up as you approach so you shouldn't be taken totally by surprise!

I will not force players to use Smart move however there will be some routes/content you can only reach with it enabled and you will

need a sharp eye to find all the secrets and sometimes the NPC's will drop hints when there are secret (optional) rewards to be found.

(You'll never find my shiny!! *Grin*)

I'm updating the quests descriptions to give players a better idea of what to expect from each as below:

Please give any feedback here:

Quest Name/Details: The quest name and a breakdown of the story

Difficulty: *****(1)

A simple 5 star system to give players an idea of what to expect with the number of players recommended in brackets

* easy for any level

** At least Leather and sword recommended

*** Iron Recommended

**** Challenging Solo

***** You may want friends or Enchanted high end gear and Bandages!

Start: (X, Y, Z) NPC Name

The location and NPC/Item that starts the quest Chain

Notes: Any pertinent notes.

Current Quests

Wandering Rose

A wandering bard is in need of assistance

Part1

Difficulty: * (1)

Start:Outside Whiterock (Spawn) - NPC: Rose

Part 2 Pending

A Pirates Life For Me

The town of Ollacille is beset by Pirates, will you help the Navy fight them off or side with the Pirates

Part1

Start:Ollacille Docks

Difficulty: *** (1)

Part 1 Pirates Complete

Part 2 Navy Complete

Part 2 Pirates Pending

Notes: You can fast travel from Oolacile docks to the Navy staging boat (and back) by speaking to Captain Kwink, his boat can be boarded by ladder at the front of the ship.

There are beds in the bottom of the ship and the First Mate will act as a bank to Securely store items if you want.

Something Stinks

The Sewers will be a dungeon comprising several mini quests inside - may be the location of larger quest lines later

Smart moving is recommended but not required,there will be traps as well as hidden secrets.

I plan to have a large beast in the bowels that will take a group to take down, and a mysterious cult making their home here also.

Start: The Sewers en route to Ollacille

Difficulty: Varies as you get deeper! from **(1) upto *****(1) with some plans for Group end bosses later.

and i have a modsuggestion instead of writing reserved.

Just a small thing might be cool, if it works correctly: http://www.minecraft...officialv146-1/

You could make maps purchasable...if they aren't yet (because they're not craftable.... right?)

And Bigger Cities could make map rooms..if they wanted to:)

You can put them on the floor too!! how cool is it to have a map of the surrounding area as a carpet?!

// I'll test compatibility for a bit now..

// works perfectly fine :)

I also have a quest suggestion...

who'd I have to talk to about that?:)

Sad to say, I don't think I can play on this server anymore. My only issue is that I get around 3 fps, and I have no way to remedy that. Thank you for giving me a chance to play anyway, this is indeed one of the best TFC servers around.

:)

Sad to say, I don't think I can play on this server anymore. My only issue is that I get around 3 fps, and I have no way to remedy that. Thank you for giving me a chance to play anyway, this is indeed one of the best TFC servers around.

:)

Sorry to see you go and thanks for the complaments.

Whats your internet connection like? Do you lag on other servers? what times where you playing? Did your FPS drop after we added a mod? If so, which? Are you running other internet apps in the background? Help me figure out why your fps were so poor.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Well, it's basically TFC that's the problem for me. Without it installed, I can get around 24-30 fps on a server normally. Even on single player it lags to 5 fps. I had closed off as many apps possible and still it didn't help. Not sure why tho, I didn't have this problem in the past.

So being that this is a TerraFirmaCraft based server, it's just not meant to be. :(

Hellow, my IGN is aria230, i have starter TFC recently but i watched all spumwack's videos on youtube.

I wish to joyn your server because it's PvE and i'm very very interested in thiving in an utopian community (everybody has a job they're best at, everybody knows how to do everithing and if you need help they always give it to you), beside's that i'ts a new server so i can start out from the bottom.

I'm a student in urban planning , so you can get some very useful advice from me, i like tree farming and making or refurbeshing buildings to get an aesthetic loock, i'm ok with coocking and blacksmithing, still learning agriculture and i hate mining.

I wish to make new friends, help out in filling up the wiki for TFC and in general have a peaceful gaming experience, but you must know, this is one of my firs minecraft online server experience, so i might be confused and have a lot of questions plus making annoying mistakes.

That's the most of it, i hope to joyin you soon :)

Hello,my ign is mandofett25 .I am fairly new to tfc and really want to get into it,only problem is finding a server.I have heard many good things about this server and would like to join it's community.I think I could be a good positive addition to the server because I enjoy interacting with other players and help them if I am able too. I hope too join the server soon.

IGN: cwsager

I have played TFC a long time ago and looking to get back into it. I do not know too much about TFC but I have been practicing in single player and am looking to expand and play with others. Hope I can be whitelisted.

Hello!

My IGN is profaith.

I feel like i would be a good addition to the community because I like to help people, I enjoy exploring, I have a friend or two, maby three not sure, that would love to come and play with me, I dont plan on living in one area, i would probably set up two or three little places, and just go around and socialize with people, I love to spend time with other people and i feel like I make friends pretty quickly!

Thank you for you're time ;)

**Also, i used to play TFC back during the 30-50 versions and I am just now coming back to test it out again since it was so much fun and it had such a great community*

Hey Bob, ive been trying to get back on the sever after my lengthy hiatus, but I'm having trouble with TrainCraft. On trying to connect with the sever, it either says i dont have it (which i do), or that there is ID mismacthes, any solutions?

edit: ive fixed the trainCraft problem, the only ID mismacth i now get is with the punt.

Hey Bob, ive been trying to get back on the sever after my lengthy hiatus, but I'm having trouble with TrainCraft. On trying to connect with the sever, it either says i dont have it (which i do), or that there is ID mismacthes, any solutions?

edit: ive fixed the trainCraft problem, the only ID mismacth i now get is with the punt.

Here you go:

I:puntID=26201

This really belongs in the OP, as the mismatch occurs so often.

Here you go:

Excuse me for my ignorance, but what do i do with this information?

Excuse me for my ignorance, but what do i do with this information?

in the minecraft/config folder this file

awger_Punt.cfg

:)/>

Have you tried Optifine?

Here you go:

Thanks aero,

Your quite correct. It will be added soonish. That was the plan all along.

Recipes, common questions, ect. will be added.

I am on call this weekend and its been busy. But I will attempt to get to the application tonight.

Bob

and i have a modsuggestion instead of writing reserved.

Just a small thing might be cool, if it works correctly: http://www.minecraft...officialv146-1/

You could make maps purchasable...if they aren't yet (because they're not craftable.... right?)

And Bigger Cities could make map rooms..if they wanted to:)

You can put them on the floor too!! how cool is it to have a map of the surrounding area as a carpet?!

// I'll test compatibility for a bit now..

// works perfectly fine :)

I also have a quest suggestion...

who'd I have to talk to about that? :)

I asked Josh and Cannon to grab the top spots so stuff they are working on will always have top billing.

That is a great mod. Is that the map one that messes with existing maps though? We'll have to test and see.

(because they're not craftable.... right?) I'm not telling. I do add recipes to the server though for people to find if they experiment.

And talk to Cannon about quests.

I am camping all weekend too, weather if beautiful and I am going to fish from dawn till dusk tomorrow :D

But believe it or not here by the Lake cell service is stellar, who'd have thought? Anyways I will be back in a couple days but in the mean time I'll try to be helpful here in the forums :P

SO these mods that where suggested in game where

ropes +

http://www.atomicstryker.net/ropesplus.html

and

multi-mine

http://www.atomicstryker.net/multimine.html

both look really awesome and useful, rope mod for people who like to explore and maybe even builders can find a use for it

also im suggestion a mod that would probably not even make it on Bob's list but hear me out, for a special event this kind of thing could be cool

the kenshiro mod

http://www.atomicstryker.net/kenshiro.html

it would be so fucking bad ass if we could get this mod just for S.a.G

can i join IGN: frightmare44

i have no idea how to even start with TFC but im reading wikis and i haved long term expirence with most of the other mods, and i already installed all the mods :P

I asked Josh and Cannon to grab the top spots so stuff they are working on will always have top billing.

That is a great mod. Is that the map one that messes with existing maps though? We'll have to test and see.

(because they're not craftable.... right?) I'm not telling. I do add recipes to the server though for people to find if they experiment.

And talk to Cannon about quests.

it doesn't mess them up ;) i had a few maps made before...and could hang them perfectly fine after installing a mod :)

oho so they might be craftable :3 hah anyways you should test around i couldn'T find any problems yet though;)

aand I already did that with the quest :)