Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JDCollie

Wiki Update Request Thread

4 posts in this topic

Some time ago I made a thread dedicated to updating the wiki. That thread is dead and gone, but I'm back, and the wiki is still in shambles :P While not necessarily an expert in TFC, I'm certainly a veteran, and it is difficult for me to recognize which parts are most important to fix first. To rectify this, let me introduce. . .

The Wiki Update Request Thread

How this works

You, as concerned and/or confused TFC players, post questions that are not currently (or accurately) answered on the wiki. I will do my best to fix the offending pages, correct inaccurate information, and create those pages that don't currently exist.

What to ask and how to ask it

There are a number of things you can do that can help make this process faster:

• Post clear and specific questions - asking "i don get howtrees work" not only makes my eyes bleed, but it is maddeningly obscure. Asking "What is the maturation time for fruit trees, specifically Red Apple?" is much better.
  • Be patient - It might take me some time to find the answer to your question.
  • Before you ask, CHECK THE WIKI - Seriously, I'm making this thread to update the wiki so that you don't have to ask in the first place. If you ask something that is already provided on the wiki, you're just wasting both of our time.
Feel free to provide constructive criticism

If I make a mistake on the wiki, or if you find something that needs changing, let me know. There are plenty of you who know more about TFC than I do, and your (polite) help would be greatly appreciated.

I will keep a list of answered questions and links to their respective pages here in the original post.

Thank you for your time and effort!

In my opinion the most important thing to add would be a guide on how to mine raw stone. If figured it out by now, but it wasn't that easy...

That guide should be accessible at least from the Metallurgy, Quern and maybe Stone site.

Besides that, the Anvil and Anvil (Stone) pages show pictures of old stone anvils that don't exist anymore which could confuse players.

Expect about a million grammatical edit requests from me. ^.^ I'm glad you made this page, it's just what I was looking for as a compulsive wiki editor, but being unauthorized for this one. Alright, let's get to it...

1) Trees#Exploiting Trees -- In this section of the Trees article, under the second bullet, there's an extra word. Please do note the period added at the end:

[...] the other being hitting placed or natural logs with a any hammer to make it drop 1-3 sticks

to

[...] the other being hitting placed or natural logs with a hammer to make it drop 1-3 sticks.

2) Saw -- At the top, there's a link to a non-existant image which should be removed. Then the second sentence runs on a bit too much, so I suggest revamping it:

The main use of a saw, however, is in the crafting table as it increases the yield of planks from three plank to eight plank when compared to any axe.

to

The main use of a saw, however, is in the crafting planks. When used in place of any axe, it increases yield from a log to eightplanks.

3) Saw#Plank -- On the same page, under the Crafting Uses/Plank section, we have all kinds of '8's in the output for milling those logs. Probably only need one 8 for each output.

4) Saw#Support Beams -- The table under this section looks a bit off. The Input » Output bit should probably be stretched across two columns. (colspan="2" iirc)

May be more to come, but that's all I have for the moment.

I found a minor error you made (grammatical only):

On the "Your first pickaxe" page, it says:

"Pickaxes are the heart and soul of mining, and your going to need one if you want to be doing any mining yourself."

While it should say:

"Pickaxes are the heart and soul of mining, and you're going to need one if you want to be doing any mining yourself."

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0