Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Mephistos_chan

Spumwack's Dropping TFC

14 posts in this topic

Link to his vid

Well Spumwack's given up on TFC, which came as a bit of a surprise as it sems to be his top rated show.

I really enjoyed it while it lasted but I seemed to be thinking 'Just read the f'ing wiki' at least once per episode and that was while he had Dunk on board. JuryDutySummons seems to start and stop worlds and at least one other youtuber totally failed at TFC.

Is TFC too hard to Let's Play? Are there any good youtubers you know of? Should Dunk have taken Spumwack by the nose and led him through the game?

Thoughts please.

simply put, there isnt enough stuff to show in TFC thats not just vanilla MC + chisel. like he said in the vid: if he would ever have found his precious red steel, that would'v been it, nothing left but build build build and build, and he could'v done that in vanilla, since TFC doesnt accommodate for that much exciting differences (chisel is awesome but not interesting to watch 500k times)

thats why i hope that in tfc2, either our community shapes up and finds its own goals, or we get more to do beyond gather materials and move up shop accordingly.

Yeah, 5 months was about all I was able to get out of it as well. Definitely looking forward to tfc2

We need more to do in TFC, in tech mods, however ridiculous they are, there is always a new/more efficient way to do stuuf. In tfc, at the start it is exciting, but then in just ends. Imma hoping tfc2 fulfils this.

I enjoy working with people in building bases but it seems like everyone quits without notice or goes off to find a new town constantly.

I can certainly sympathize with his reasons (see my post here where I mentioned similar thoughts once TFC2 was announced: http://terrafirmacra...4044#entry54044 ). I've stopped running my TFC server and only hop on single player now and then just to marvel at the scenery (which is quite enjoyable). I'm still fairly active in making suggestions over in the TFC2 forums because I sincerely hope that TFC2 can address the harsh progression drop-off we currently have in TFC1, since there is so much potential with the mod and what the mod does have is incredibly unique and creative. It concerns me that the driving focus behind TFC2 is all about "survival" though, since a frustratingly difficult experience isn't my cup of tea.

A shame to see his TFC series end like it did; I've seen every episode and it was his Let's Play that made me try the mod out in the first place. Hopefully the ending serves as a nudge to Bioxx on what's really missing in TFC while he works on TFC2.

Bioxx knows about it already. It's the same problem that's always existed, and the same reason I eventually stopped my own tfcraft LP after about 5 months of daily episodes, about the time this guy was getting started. It is nothing new or particularly insightful. It only remains to be fixed.

I'm thinking about starting an LP for TFC. However, I think its going to have a spin on it. I agree with killster that there might not be enough content in TFC by itself and when build 76 comes out, I will be doing a world reset on my server. Our community is anticipating this because at the same time, we've been playing around with some other complimentary mods, specifically Bukkit forge (i.e. essentials, towny and iConomy)

What I plan on basing my LP around is kind of like a day in the life of a TFC server. I'm going to produce goods that I will sell to other players, build up a town and a nation... possibly make some enemies with a rival nation... something like that. An episode might consist of planting crops and then building shops. The next episode might consist of selling the crops or producing foods with them to sell etc. Not necessarily based around TFC, but based around server play on a TFC server.

I really liked the noobish approach of spumwack. I enjoyed watching him fail only to realise his mistake. I thought it was good he didn't just go to the wiki. Me being a dwarf fortress player means I already know a lot about what the game mechanics should be and I can't really avoid being a noob at this mod. I was thinking of making a mod for minectaft that makes it make more sense but now I don't really bother thinking about it since even basic ideas I had like knapping and chiselling stone have been added by this mod. Back on topic: I am indeed rather unhappy that the series had to end. I've not been able to find any other good lets play of the mod. I think the way the series had been done was fine and I will definitely miss it.

Anyone know why he suddenly privated his video's. I'm stuck on 64r's part 6 and didn't even get to see the closing vid.

this will be 1 day online, he is in protest against cispa, joining the Internet Blackout, he said he would take all his vids off for 1 day, to protest CISPA and its bullshit :D they'll be back tomorrow

this will be 1 day online, he is in protest against cispa, joining the Internet Blackout, he said he would take all his vids off for 1 day, to protest CISPA and its bullshit :D they'll be back tomorrow

Wait, they are doing it again?

actually CISPA already passed house of representatives and all that (and im european) so unless obama veto's it like he said he would, we're looking at a passed CISPA, which would fuck over the internet, especially since they CANCELLED the clause protecting you from having to hand over your social media account passwords to your employers, working retroactively

(aka, your boss now owns all your social media, and can do what he wants with it 'MURICA)

actually CISPA already passed house of representatives and all that (and im european) so unless obama veto's it like he said he would, we're looking at a passed CISPA, which would fuck over the internet, especially since they CANCELLED the clause protecting you from having to hand over your social media account passwords to your employers, working retroactively

(aka, your boss now owns all your social media, and can do what he wants with it 'MURICA)

It has to pass through the Senate and the two versions of the bill reconciled before it ever gets to the President's desk. From the looks of things, the Senate isn't even going to let it come up for a vote, so it's dead in the water.