Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
IzahShados

[Offline] Potential New Server? - 15 slots. Kingdom of Aldayn.

35 posts in this topic

Hello there fellow minecrafters!

And welcome to a new Kingdom called Aldayn!

This new Kingdom is currently only home to me but I am hoping to change that with this advertisement!

I am looking for seven awesome people who are wanting to partake in this new Kingdom.

I need people who roleplay as I am hoping to make this server based on roleplay.

Plugins can be suggested and perhaps Iconomy or something similar will be put in place.

I need builders to help out with a spawn project and anything else that needs doing.

Days will be twice as long but years still the same.

I am looking for interest to get the server going.

Pictures of my place coming up.

So! Whoever is interested please leave a comment below with

Your name/perfered name:

Your minecraft name:

Your age:

Your experience with Tekkit, FTB, Vanilla and TFC:

Your type of gameplay/ what you'd do in the beginning:

Anything else you think will be relevant:

I have designed things using this texture pack, It would be good for everyone to use it as well.

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/1636-block-heads/page__hl__block__fromsearch__1

Thanks guys!

Ip: 66.71.250.90

Remember, no interest no server! Let's make it happen!

post-2636-0-74886100-1362207206_thumb.gi

I would love to join. only problem i have is i cant change my day length due to a bug in my computer.

would that be an issue?

I can join i have some experience with TFC and FTB along with allot of vanilla knowledge. I can be a blacksmith. :)

What mods will this server include? Will it only be TFC75/76?

mas1234

Awesome! Could you fill out the application form?

Danelli

I am able to put on any mods that the members of this server would like. ^.^ What mods would you like to be on there?

Also, now that there is a little interest, I will get the server up and going and set up a spawn housey thing. Will start putting plugins and mods on when we join the FTB launcher just in case there are any changes that need to be made. Small things will be alright though.

Can I help develop it or do you already have the system and world and everything all planned out? Like is this gonna be a class/job sort of rp with an economy or is this gonna be like just people roleplaying out a story with all of us as like heroes actively fighting against an antagonist?

Kaerusan

Do you know of any good plugins?

bryan2x4

You can help develop if you wish, it's a working progress and whatnot. With the economy thing I was thinking that people can start up a small busniess at spawn and sell things and buy things and you'll have a certain number of types of items you can sell until you expand and having to pay rent and things. Doing work for me or someone else will also earn money, might have a mail system if I can swing it as well. With written books and all.

I think what I mean by roleplay as that it will be set in the medieval ages and you can do what you like but make sure you stick to that theme and perhaps we can have raids and things -organised ones so no one gets upset about losing things- Maybe have different worlds later on for active fighting and ransacking. I'll build some quests as well and have riches after you follow clues and things. Server should be up in the next couple of days.

Kaerusan

Do you know of any good plugins?

bryan2x4

You can help develop if you wish, it's a working progress and whatnot. With the economy thing I was thinking that people can start up a small busniess at spawn and sell things and buy things and you'll have a certain number of types of items you can sell until you expand and having to pay rent and things. Doing work for me or someone else will also earn money, might have a mail system if I can swing it as well. With written books and all.

I think what I mean by roleplay as that it will be set in the medieval ages and you can do what you like but make sure you stick to that theme and perhaps we can have raids and things -organised ones so no one gets upset about losing things- Maybe have different worlds later on for active fighting and ransacking. I'll build some quests as well and have riches after you follow clues and things. Server should be up in the next couple of days.

Well I was thinking that terrafirmacraft makes jobs/classes a lot better in minecraft. The problem with minecraft and terraria class rp was always that people could usually be independent way too easily since most of the things you could do was quick and unintuitive. With terrafirmacraft I was hoping some server would have some sort of class-based economy. So maybe blacksmiths would start out with a hut that contains a basic anvil, some firepits, some chests, and a scribing table. What he would do all day would be smelting all the ore he gets and then upon request turning those ingots into whatever is needed. The blacksmith would then base his price on how much he paid for the ores, the fuel for the firepits, etc. to make a profit. He sells his goods to miners who prospect for ores all day and mine them, and to knights/warriors who offer protection against mobs and hunt them for materials needed. This would be an example of how fluidly classes could work. I could plan out the whole class/job system if you think this idea is good.

I like the jobs/classes idea. But i'm not so sure TFC has enough content to make this work, like it could anyway.

And i suspect that jobs will get boring very fast and the players will start doing other things, why? because they can.

That brings me to the next aspect, for this to work, like it should, we would need a mod that controls class abilities.

For example, a miner class gets a lvl10 in mining/prospecting/mining tool use/etc but lvl0-3 in all other class abilities. That way he can be a master in mining but only use low level (or not at all) tools from other classes, like an axe, hoe or saw. Planting seeds would not be allowed. Cutting trees would only give him 10-20%. And so on. (smelting ore would not be a mining class ability)

That would make him NEED other classes to do his own work properly.

Changing classes could be made possible with repeating (poor) work from that class, but that would make you loose the mining ability lvl. A system like that would make sure that you can only be the best in one job/class. Which would make the classes need each other for everything to work. It could also be controlled by some kind of school or job orientation facility where you can choose your class and have to work until you graduate. (get to lvl 10)

Workshop use could also depend on class level.

A town would then need at least 1 master of every class to make things work.

Such a system would also have a desperate need for economy, where gems could also play a nice role. But having another mod where you can make jewelry out of Jet and gems would be more fun, and add a nice job/class to the mix :)

Other jobs that don't need any class abilities could also be nice, like house design and building. (they could get fly ability though...that would help them build better :) )

This idea needs a lot more thought and work.

But i could definitely see myself being a master of some class, helping others be masters of there own class :)

Emris_Morath

If you can give me a plugin or mod that will work with TFC, I'd be happy to make it all work. Something like that would be pretty good to have but I think with the skills, you should be able to have two or three to be able to have hobbies. But yes, I think the idea of jobs and things could work out very well.

-snip-

I was counting on explaining the whole system upon request by the server owner but whatever.

Well actually I was thinking just the opposite. TFC fleshes Minecraft out quite a bit. I was thinking having a class system that is more like real life rather than based on skill that you're born with. Basically to explain how it'd work let's think of a potential blacksmith job. Someone wants to be a blacksmith because that's what they'd wanna do for a living in Terrafirmacraft. When they join they start out with a little hut equipped with a workbench, scribing table, double chest, 4 firepits, and a copper anvil and a little sign in the front that says something like Blacksmith's. They'll buy some 16 copper ore for say 16 amethysts. Then the Blacksmith will set all the ore to smelt 4 at a time and maybe have a chat with friends or something to pass the time while keeping watch on the ores. Then he'll make a couple ingots. The miner comes back and wants to buy a pickaxe. Blacksmith uses 1 ingot to make a pickaxe and sets a base price at 10 amethyst. Depending on how well he made it(which already affects the durability, Blacksmith might raise the price. So Miner buys an ok-ish pickaxe for 11 amethyst. 3 amethyst profit not counting how much he'll make on the second ingot. Over time irl the player playing we'll get better at working at the anvil all the time and be a better Blacksmith. Then once he gets enough amethyst he can pay for a shop upgrade to a builder(or admin) to upgrade it. For say 25 amethyst the Blacksmith shop is slightly bigger, now has a forge instead of the 4 firepits, and has a tier 2 anvil. The blacksmith shop is no longer so newbie. And the upgrade can be made much easier with the client-side schematica mod. Now these are all example prices and such but I hope this further illustrates my point. I don't like the so uniform leveling for a good rp like this. I think each class should have levelling in its own way that's more freebased. Blacksmith's can upgrade their shop overtime as they make money and get better at anvil working since they've been doing it so much. Miner's would "level" up from buying higher and higher tier'd pickaxes. And it's all more of a system-based thing rather than relying on crutches like a leveling system or other similar plugin. People can change their jobs at any time but that's not a big problem. Someone who's not a miner can go out and buy a high-tier pick but it'd probably be a waste. People can set their own prices based on what they think people should have to pay for their quality and what makes them profit. I just think this type is much more free and in many ways better. I would plan everything out class by class if i heard a definitive yes from the server owner, but you get the idea. Please ask me anything about this idea.

-_-

I think you both are looking too much into this. I'm not going to have classes or anything, I'll build a city we can live in and everyone can do jobs they like and get paid for it. I'll set up shops and things as well but for now it will be trading. The server is up and running, its a completely new map. It is whitelist and you will all need to post an application in order to be on the whitelist.

An idea I have always wanted to try in TerraFirma is living in a desert. It would be a nice challenge. Then put an oasis or well far away from the city to make it even more challenging. You could also split the people into two different groups and have competition over resources.

I may be Interested. The RPing will be a pain for me(I type slow).

Before I commit I would need to know that the sever isnt gana be down alot.

I already deal with 3 severs like that.

When I say roleplay, I mean playing the role of a medieval person on minecraft. There need not be any typing involved. Save for trading and speaking. also, there shouldnt be that much downtime, Im using creeper host so they are pretty good.

Ok then I am Interested.

The App you required . . .

Your name/preferred name: Nichalous / Just use my MC name or VP, Vic, Victor, Punk

Your minecraft name: Same as my forum name (VictorianPunk)

Your age: I know why you ask this, dose not mean I like it. (Turned 30 on 2/11)

Your experience with Tekkit: I no longer play this mod, Why bother playing when the game dose everything for you after a point.

Your experience with FTB: I would run the launcher if it had TFC in it, that and I lost almost a hole sever to this.

Your experience with TFC: The main mod I play right now, I know how to do everything and know a few tricks. (Master Blacksmith)

Your experience with Vanilla: I have played on hundreds of severs in my time of playing MC, I am a talented builder, (http://s440.photobucket.com/albums/qq130/DreadLordSYN/Minecraft%20SS/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ24 <-- All my MC Vanilla and TFC Screen Shots) Explorer, Miner, and Farmer.

Your type of gameplay/ what you'd do in the beginning:

1: Find a place I like (The area must have Stones and trees I like)

2: Build a Temp. Home, not the ones like most people build, if it doesn't look good why bother building a hut at all!

3: Look for Seed and Fruit trees (food is more important then ore)

4: Look for some basic Ore (move Temp Home if needed)

This all tends to be done with in the first 2-4 In-Game days

Anything else you think will be relevant: I have been a OP/Mod on about 20 severs during my time playing MC I have been banned from one sever during a change in power. I have seen severs come and severs go, mostly go.

I like building in themed styles, If you tell me a style I will be able to mimic it to your liking MOST of the time.

Your name/perfered name:stephen

Your minecraft name:lucardeus

Your age:21

Your experience with Tekkit, FTB, Vanilla and TFC:i have great experience with tekkit,vanilla and TFC i just started playing FTB but i have done good in it really good when it comes to thaumcraft

Your type of gameplay/ what you'd do in the beginning:not big on pvp i'm more pve fan but i can deal with ether but when i start i like looking for food and makeing a home base to start from

Anything else you think will be relevant: nope but i have friend that play i can get them to join the server id you'd like

my skype is spope1990

Edit: never mined i found out how to change the day length

Your name/prefered name: Just call me bro918. Just Bro works too.

Your Minecraft name: bro918

Your age: 15

Your experience with Tekkit, FTB, Vanilla and TFC: 100s of hours with Technic, FTB and Vanilla. Maybe 80 with TFC.

Your type of gameplay / what you'd do in the beginning: I'm mainly a miner/metalworker type so that's definitely what i'll be doing. Although I have not tried farming yet so I will try that too.

Anything else you think will be relevant: Just hoping I find a nice, active TFC server. :D

Your name/perfered name:Jack

Your minecraft name:jackdude928

Your age:15

Your experience with Tekkit, FTB, Vanilla and TFC: Tekkit- None

FTB- a lot, played it for a few months on the direwolf20 pack

Vanilla- tons, played it from beta 1.7.3 up until a few months back

TFC- Somewhat new, been playing for a week or two, but I understand how most things work.

Your type of gameplay/ what you'd do in the beginning: Probably be a stone age hunter, occasionally resting and supplying charcoal as an early trade source. (Until I find a proper place to set up a settlement anyway)

Anything else you think will be relevant: None