Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
SteAStro88

Armor (durability/repairing)

20 posts in this topic

Well, as the post says..

i personally found unacceptable that a steel armor doesn't last long against zombie puches and those flint-tip skeleton's arrows.. I mean, tier 0 metals should last very little to enemies attacks, but since one can create a wrought iron armor set it should be far more resistant than bronze, copper and tin armors..

Moreover, a steel armor that take punches and flint arrows or spider bites will not lose material pieces easily, making a reparation on an anvil costing only the hammer durability, so why not making possible to heat armor pieces at the forge to repairing them with the corresponding plan?

if someone consider this ruin the balance i will say that 22 ingots of steel are often a challenge and it may be balanced increasing the cost of durability of the hammer for the repair, and making the repair possible only with a hammer of at least the same tier of armor..

sincerly i don't know if developers had thought about something like this but i'll suggest it because a strong armor that lasts only few days or weeks without possibility of repair it is not believable as the game was intended to be :) think about it and please take this idea in consideration

It's an interesting idea, maybe armour should just loose bits as it is "damaged" and to replace those bits you need pieces of plate metal. Maybe you should be able to do repairs by cutting the pieces of plate metal into 4 parts and have each of those parts replace a piece of armour.

Or maybe you could get "Repair Plans" and use an anvil to repair ítems.

I think having all armors get a durability increase would be a good idea, but make them offer less protection as they get damaged. Add in the ability to repair them with plates, and we have a better armor system.

Or maybe you could get "Repair Plans" and use an anvil to repair ítems.

I haven't thought about this, sounds interesting and makes more uses for plans

I think having all armors get a durability increase would be a good idea, but make them offer less protection as they get damaged. Add in the ability to repair them with plates, and we have a better armor system.

This too is a great idea, but wasting plates everytime you want to repair armors needs to be balanced with a great increase in durability of newly created pieces.. Also i tried to wear a full set of blue steel armor, almost every spider's bite made one of the pieces to lose a notch of health, it's way too much, and the spiders are not the stronger enemies you can fight.. Oh and I took no damage in the while.. I think this needs to be fixed somehow :)

i expected at least a good durability on a final tier armor lol

Repair of tools is really needed, and this should not ONLY refer to the armor. It`s 3 ways to repair in the real world:

1 is the replacement of some parts of the tool by one of the same type (this is already quite long ago did by Notch);

2 - refashioning - if tool almost broke, then: almost scrap is melted (heavy in several forms for ingots), is supplemented by the addition of a number of metal and, in fact, from the resulting ingots can be done absolutely brand-new object (if there is direct hands, of course). I think this method is best, BUT - when item is really broke, it`s must have piece of material more than its durability (severally of 1.5 -- [ 13%*(max.dur.-curr.dur.) + (1.36*curr.dur.)while curr.dur<(66%*max.dur)]). And that it might be effectivity less when durability is more than 75% of tool.

3 - If the object is not broken down so much (or very, very bad bound), it can be slightly corrected by hammer in anvil, using flux every time. And include grindstone.

So, completely, include using legendary Dwarf`s forging method of unbreakable steel from Dwarf Fortress! ^_^ Certainly, save the hardcore and ballance of this mod

P.S.: I am from Russia. Then I translating my message by Google.

sigh

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/2091-grinders/

does no one use the search bar?

I thought everyone decided not to respond with this kind of tone so we don't scare away new forum members and even future forum members?

Okay, maybe not actually decided, but I think lots of people are trying to go for that direction.

Sure, I wouldn't make the mistake and actually look for existing threads of said topic, but I'm very sure I would stop posting again if someone speaks to me like that.. For a while that is. Heck, I got turned off posting here a while ago by dunk so I know how that feels.

Though then again, it's not like I post a lot in the first place, but still.

I thought everyone decided not to respond with this kind of tone so we don't scare away new forum members and even future forum members? Okay, maybe not actually decided, but I think lots of people are trying to go for that direction. Sure, I wouldn't make the mistake and actually look for existing threads of said topic, but I'm very sure I would stop posting again if someone speaks to me like that.. For a while that is. Heck, I got turned off posting here a while ago by dunk so I know how that feels. Though then again, it's not like I post a lot in the first place, but still.

...*blink*...

...Did I just... get lectured by a member with just 40 posts...?

I mean, you aren't wrong by any stretch, but-

hmm.

...*blink*...

hmm.

hey man, this guy who just started on the forums obviously knows a heck of a lot more than you do about the forums and how they work,

you must have missed quite a bit while you were gone, now everyone with less than 200 posts is part of a oligarchical comittee that runs this place.

...*blink*...

hmm.

It's not like having more posts equals knowing more anyway. You know what, never mind. It's better to lurk in this forum for me after all.

It's not like having more posts equals knowing more anyway.

No, but it does equate to a better understanding of the forum as a community, where the lines are drawn, and just having overall more experience with things. A doctor that's been serving in practice for 20 years doesn't, by necessity, know any more than a grad student fresh out of his MD - but if I catch super meningitis malaria aids, I am NOT rushing to the guy who still hasn't paid off his student loans yet.

It's not like having more posts equals knowing more anyway. You know what, never mind. It's better to lurk in this forum for me after all.

I can confirm that in this instance, more posts = better knowledge

and for the first time i disagree with you on 1 point: more posts might mean better knowledge of what is being discussed, but NOT better knowledge on the topic in general, say a 30 year old IT student and a 15 year old gamer are both on these forums, the student never games, the gamer obviously does, yet the it student has been on said forums much longer than the gamer,

which one of them has higher gaming knowledge?

anyway, i just didnt like undeath's tone here, not exactly giving off a welcome feeling (more of a: GTFO lurk some moar and find out how we run this shit, which i DONT agree with)

anyway, i just didnt like undeath's tone here, not exactly giving off a welcome feeling (more of a: GTFO lurk some moar and find out how we run this shit, which i DONT agree with)

BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You must be new around here boy.

I'm this forum's bad idea executioner, and I keep all my guillotines dull and rusty

he's not called the Anti-Idiot Committee Chariman for nothing you know...

no matter what his status, its not an excuse to badger people with the best of intentions until they have been degraded to scared vermin that dont want to post anymore in fear of being badgered some more.

(seriously, no need for hatred, just welcome the new people and keep it at your first response: pointing at the searchbar (you even provided the link, good for you) instead of being surprised when someone else doesnt fully understand DA FORUM ROELZ yet ;)

no matter what his status, its not an excuse to badger people with the best of intentions until they have been degraded to scared vermin that dont want to post anymore in fear of being badgered some more.

(seriously, no need for hatred, just welcome the new people and keep it at your first response: pointing at the searchbar (you even provided the link, good for you) instead of being surprised when someone else doesnt fully understand DA FORUM ROELZ yet ;)

You think I care about people's feelings rather than forum post quality

That's cute.

oh i dont give a crap about feelings, neither should you. you should however, NOT let your own distaste of noobs influence your line of posting. keep it objectively, point them to the search bar like you did, and be done with it., only punish those deliberately being moronic.