Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Danelli

JDK help

8 posts in this topic

Um, does anyone happen to know how to download the JDK (Java Development Kit) for Windows 7? For some reason it says it is installed, but javac is still not recognized as a command. I uninstall all my former Java versions and I believe I installed it in the right directory, but still it will not allow me to compile. Any programmers willing to help me out a bit?

EDIT: I got it :D

You must mannualy add java to the windows PATH. For anyone else with the same problem.

Yeah this is probably the problem. You should get off of command line compiling and get yourself the eclipse or NetBeans IDE. I prefer NetBeans, even though its not quite as powerful as eclipse, but it balances itself out because eclipse is a nightmare for me to use. The interface sucks, its hard to find stuff... they use their own special nomenclature, or its nomenclature which people agreed on in my absences, and I get tired of having to google every damn thing I wanna do, instead of being able to figure it out from the context :(.

Yeah this is probably the problem. You should get off of command line compiling and get yourself the eclipse or NetBeans IDE. I prefer NetBeans, even though its not quite as powerful as eclipse, but it balances itself out because eclipse is a nightmare for me to use. The interface sucks, its hard to find stuff... they use their own special nomenclature, or its nomenclature which people agreed on in my absences, and I get tired of having to google every damn thing I wanna do, instead of being able to figure it out from the context :(.

Was it seriously that necessary to respond to this thread? I remember seeing this earlier before you posted your response, and the guy had already written: "EDIT: I got it :D". This means that your response was completely redundant and unnecessary. Also, why did you suggest eclipse or netbeans? What if the guy is hardcore and wants to write his own code editing, debugging and compiling software in notepad? What if he is super manly hardcore pro and wants to use a pin and a sweater to electro statically charge the pin and edit the code bit by bit in intel hex on the hard drive?

I mistook the edit for a signature, and didnt read it. Apologies. I suggested the IDE because im not a moron.

I mistook the edit for a signature, and didnt read it. Apologies. I suggested the IDE because im not a moron.

Are you saying hardcore men are morons?

No im saying youre a moron.

No im saying youre a moron.

Have fun with that notion.