Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gwtheyrn

Terrafirmabeast

50 posts in this topic

Wondering if anyone's heard any news about when TFC will be added to the FTB launcher? I checked my launcher today and it's not listed in the modpacks yet.

Also, anyone else notice that B76 is up in the changelog, but crossed out?

*shakes fist at Dunk* WHY MUST YOU TAUNT ME??!! :P

U know the timeframe mentioned was "in the next couple weeks" So show a little patience xD

its been longer than a couple weeks..

Anyways I hadn't seen that yet, good eye... I hope there's more to the changelog than just that too..

*shakes fist at Dunk* WHY MUST YOU TAUNT ME??!! :P

Seconded.

Seconded.

Have to third this, will save much pain getting my friends onto this awesome mod (they can't follow the install instructions to save their life)

Have to third this, will save much pain getting my friends onto this awesome mod (they can't follow the install instructions to save their life)

That fact just boggles my mind. The instructions can't possibly get any more straightforward.

I should be able to record the final b76 showcase tonight, so at least you can watch that >_>

I should be able to record the final b76 showcase tonight, so at least you can watch that >_>

Hurray!

That fact just boggles my mind. The instructions can't possibly get any more straightforward.

Its more the fact they can't work out how to install an old version of minecraft, when they run 1.4.7, I've told them about MultiMC, but they are so stubborn about these third party apps heh

Awesome, Dunk. With Minecraft 1.5 out now as well, I hope we can all update soon!

OMG I didn't know that, awesome!

Edit: Drools over Textures can be animated.

We had multiple texture files that each approached 256 different textures. We now need to convert them into individual files. I hope you understand we're not as thrilled with 1.5 as you guys are

Ouch, yeah, I can only imagine. I can do a couple things in terms of coding, but texturing has always been the thing that kept me from even considering trying my hand at making my own Minecraft mod.

Did you at least have help with that, or are you on your own as the sole remaining maintainer of Terrafirmacraft 1?

Ouch, yeah, I can only imagine. I can do a couple things in terms of coding, but texturing has always been the thing that kept me from even considering trying my hand at making my own Minecraft mod.

Did you at least have help with that, or are you on your own as the sole remaining maintainer of Terrafirmacraft 1?

I was talking to Bioxx today about that. He says he feels like a poor notch, and I'm a Jeb. He's still involved, but he's not the lead developer anymore. Bioxx is the one who's taking on the task of updating to 1.5 (also because he posts the DL links on the website) mostly because he has more experience at updating to a newer version than I do (I don't have any experience at all)

Ah, I see. A fitting analogy, I suppose. ;)

I hope the rest of the porting goes smoothly, though!

I was talking to Bioxx today about that. He says he feels like a poor notch, and I'm a Jeb. He's still involved, but he's not the lead developer anymore. Bioxx is the one who's taking on the task of updating to 1.5 (also because he posts the DL links on the website) mostly because he has more experience at updating to a newer version than I do (I don't have any experience at all)

Your community will stand behind you Dunkleosteus, dont fret too much :D

Hurray!

Its more the fact they can't work out how to install an old version of minecraft, when they run 1.4.7, I've told them about MultiMC, but they are so stubborn about these third party apps heh

Go Get MultiMC, it lets you create older versions of Minecraft so they can play now.

Go Get MultiMC, it lets you create older versions of Minecraft so they can play now.

Yep i use it, they prob will when they grow a brain

Yep i use it, they prob will when they grow a brain

I don't know why more people don't use MultiMC. I think the creator of it hangs out in IRC all the time >_>

I just created a separate instance of Minecraft, modded it, and launch it via a batch file which tells it which .jar to use. Yes, it's kinda the complicated way to do it, but eh...

Honkfish, your original thread got locked by Bioxx himself within an hour or two of posting it. Maybe you ought to take a hint?

You're not an active part of the community - you're just some random guy from the internet who signed up here for no other purpose than to advertise. Who knows, you could even have modified the source to sneak malware on the client PC. Also, you didn't ask permission to distribute the mod. Just because it isn't a crime doesn't mean it isn't still an incredibly rude thing to do, and it's exactly why the Technic platform got the terrible reputation that it has. They're trying to move away from that controversy - but apparently their userbase doesn't care...

TL;DR: quietly go away, please.

I'm sorry that your prejudice stops you from seeing that an easier way for players to play content is a bad thing.

I'm sorry that your prejudice stops you from seeing that an easier way for players to play content is a bad thing.

Piracy is also an easier way for players to play and that is...a bad thing.

Piracy? How has that got anything to do with it? You can't pirate mods.

Sure you can. If the license for the mod doesn't include allowing you to distribute it and you do it anyway, you're pirating.

Piracy? How has that got anything to do with it? You can't pirate mods.

Hey bud. Took a stroll through the technic website. Guess what I found under the FAQ section?

Q. Do I need permissions from the mod authors?

Retrieving permissions from the mod authors is your responsibility. We can't screen every single pack that enters the system and make sure it has proper permissions. We provide a location in your modpack for you to enter in details about your permissions & licensing.

Take it down.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0