Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eleazzar

Fewer Vegetables available from hitting Grass

10 posts in this topic

Since you can now find veggies growing in the wild, i suggest limiting which seeds you can get by hitting grass. Grass might only have a chance of yielding cereal grains (wheat, oats, etc.)-- plants what sorta look like grass. This would give the player something, if he was unlucky in exploration, or the area had already been cleaned out. But all the others veggies would need to be found in the wild, or acquired from other players.

On my first world i got about half of the vegetables just hitting grass to get it out of the way or rocks, trying to find ore. It just happened. Maybe i was a bit lucky, but a varied garden would be more rewarding if you couldn't get one by sticking close to home, "mowing" the lawn.

This would break agriculture, for a good reason, being a farmer on servers, I rely on finding seeds in grass, because the spawn area of most servers is razed of all valuable materials, including plants. But the idea of a broadening of seed generation is interesting, as certain things like Rice and Peppers probably won't have seeds north west.

"Break", or simply change the way you need to go about it?

break, as unless plantlife begins to generate on its own, server maps will be wiped of a resource. just like surface rocks

break, as unless plantlife begins to generate on its own, server maps will be wiped of a resource. just like surface rocks

If everybody eats all the veggies and doesn't save seeds for the next year, and the server map is never extended, yeah, it could all disappear.

I don't see why the depletion of veggies is any more game-breaking than the depletion of animals, trees, surface-rocks, etc.

What if breaking grass to get seeds only had a reasonable chance in the spring instead of year-round?

Vegg that spawns in the world dose not stay forever, It is gone as soon as the plant over ripens and these wild vegg do not respawn . . . ever, limiting seeds from grass is a bad idea unless the plants can be gathered other ways

Peffern: this is ok if your year is set at normal number of days but some severs have a year being very short. (one sever I was on had each month as 2 days so spring was 6 days long, not much time to gather seeds)

Peffern: this is ok if your year is set at normal number of days but some severs have a year being very short. (one sever I was on had each month as 2 days so spring was 6 days long, not much time to gather seeds)

But it's still the same percentage so if the year is that short then spring will roll around again soon.

If everybody eats all the veggies and doesn't save seeds for the next year, and the server map is never extended, yeah, it could all disappear.

I don't see why the depletion of veggies is any more game-breaking than the depletion of animals, trees, surface-rocks, etc.

That's the thing, it is game breaking. Vegetables aren't supposed to be a rare resource, it's not like it's Nickel or Gold, vegetables are the weakest food next to cherries, but vegetables aren't abundant in the form they are in now, I usually get 10-14 peppers on my nicely sized farm, I get 6 stacks of cherries in my orchard. Nerfing the weakest food source in a way that makes it rarer than Gold is a bad idea, but nerfing it in a reasonable way is something I can agree on.

Nerfing the weakest food source in a way that makes it rarer than Gold is a bad idea, but nerfing it in a reasonable way is something I can agree on.

Veggies might start out rarer than gold-- though i doubt it. But you can always raise more, while the supply of gold is finite, and never increases. You could start out with one pepper seed and eventually fill as many chests with peppers as you want.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0