Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Danelli

Rotisserie

8 posts in this topic

So I think it would be pretty awesome if the game added rotisseries for cooking chicken and mutton. Besides being just flat out awesome and great decoration, it would also add more variety to the game and give the player one more thing to do.

What do you think? ^-^

I think that could be fun to add another way to cook things but only for food like an oven,but personally,I think a rotisserie don't really fit

Why not add both? Grills or something for steak and pork and perhaps rotisseries for chicken and lamb?

A spit over a fire that worked like a quern where you have to turn it x number of times to cook one item would be neat.

So would cows dropping sides of beef or pigs dropping sides of pork that you had to butcher instead of individual pre-cut steaks/porkchops.

The number of steaks/chops you can get out of a side of beef/pork would depend on the tier of knife used maybe?

A spit over a fire that worked like a quern where you have to turn it x number of times to cook one item would be neat.

So would cows dropping sides of beef or pigs dropping sides of pork that you had to butcher instead of individual pre-cut steaks/porkchops.

The number of steaks/chops you can get out of a side of beef/pork would depend on the tier of knife used maybe?

Maybe the number of meat acquired not being dependant on tier of knife, but butchering one would use 10-20 durability (all those cuts) to encourage better knives. It doesn't punish early game butchery, but does reward later game high tier knives.

Maybe the number of meat acquired not being dependant on tier of knife, but butchering one would use 10-20 durability (all those cuts) to encourage better knives. It doesn't punish early game butchery, but does reward later game high tier knives.

Isn't that the same thing? I think? You get less cuts the lower the tier knife? Sorta like chopping down a Sequoia with a stone axe... it takes 2 to three stone axes, whereas it would only take one Copper axe... with some durability missing... oh wait I see what you are saying.

Nah... since animals are limited, unless you herd them and nurture them, I think getting less cuts with primitive tools makes more sense, whereas the latter more durable and precise knives will grant less "slaughter" in your slaughter. :)

It gives a boost to the importance of metals and metal trade... but this is only my lowly opinion.

Isn't it funny how slaughter is Laughter with an S!?

No, the tier of knife should just affect how much durability you lose. Say it's a mini game, like knapping, where you cut away steaks and each one costs durability, so you might use up an entire stone knife at once, but a bronze one would last longer. It shouldn't affect the total output.

If there was any confusion for anyone reading this, I meant you should always get the same amount of meat no matter what, but one 'craft' would do more than 1 durability damage.

I also love the spit idea, and would like to bring my own food cooking idea into the mix:

You guys know railcraft's boilers? http://railcraft.wikispaces.com/Steam+Boiler+(Device)

You can make these 2x1x1, by using 1 firebox and 1 boiler tank.

I suggest a wrought iron 'stove' of sorts that does this same mechanic, where you put logs into the bottom brick firebox portion, and your food (only food!) into the top cooking box portion. This might could cook 4 items at once similar to the forge, but only for foods. More civilized cooking when getting into the iron age. It could be more fuel efficient than using a firepit to cook 4 items, and bounds faster.

This could be done by placing a wrought iron cooking box (made from 4 wrought iron sheets in the crafting grid) on top of any stone brick block. This would transform the brick block into a firebox block, where you feed your logs, charcoal, or even coal into.

Comments, ideas, improvements?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0