Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
-TK-

[B76] Latest version bugs & FAQ.

233 posts in this topic

Uh, kind of a big issue. I went to a desert and tried to take out some sand blocks. They fell, and they're infinitely replicating across the terrain It's actually spreading much further than it should spread. It filled in an entire lake. For what should have been at most twenty blocks moving. And I know it's replicating, as the terrain behind it isn't getting shorter, it's the same height, it just spawns new sand blocks in front.

Uh, kind of a big issue. I went to a desert and tried to take out some sand blocks. They fell, and they're infinitely replicating across the terrain It's actually spreading much further than it should spread. It filled in an entire lake. For what should have been at most twenty blocks moving. And I know it's replicating, as the terrain behind it isn't getting shorter, it's the same height, it just spawns new sand blocks in front.

Well.... thats... um... new... At least you wont run out of sand?

Well.... thats... um... new... At least you wont run out of sand?

I had to delete the world because it was overflowing past the 100 block wide pasture of plains and moving into the ocean.

after trying to go back to the other tfc set up i had that kept crashing from nei i could not recreate any stone knife, hammer, or javelins.

I had to delete the world because it was overflowing past the 100 block wide pasture of plains and moving into the ocean.

Also, I can't get enough planks to build a starting home for the matter that any damage to the ax makes it unusable. And with the change to cobblestone, I can't rely on that, which, while it is more realistic, also makes things several times harder. It wouldn't be, seeing the greatly improved time to chop a tree, but I can't make plank blocks at all.

Brand new to TFC and Im not sure how to show this problem with a pic. But...

-Every time I try to place a log to start a log pile, it places a regular vanilla wood block.

-I cannot craft a chest using planks. Only the vanilla recipe works.

-As for the floating names bug. I see them applied to skeletons??

-Also ore spawning seems reduced significantly.

Bug of the day. When trying to craft cobblestone, my game crashed. So there are no building materials available whatsoever.

I saw a small scale bug of the same nature, with gravel.

there is a minor name bug with fire starter. the name shows as item.firestarter

Aww, why? That glitch would have made for a good lets play...

"In a world made of nothing but sand... one player stands alone, trying not to die of thirst..."

http://paste.ubuntu.com/5675392/

Dug into the ground looking for one of the names I could see through the ground, fell, hit the ground, saw it was a skeleton, crashed.

Just before that I got a low memory warning and I was only using I think 1GB while usually running with 2-3 but I'm not sure what caused the issue.

It claims something about two worlds at once as well, maybe someone else can make something of this but I've never seen the error before.

Brand new to TFC and Im not sure how to show this problem with a pic. But...

-Every time I try to place a log to start a log pile, it places a regular vanilla wood block.

-I cannot craft a chest using planks. Only the vanilla recipe works.

-As for the floating names bug. I see them applied to skeletons??

-Also ore spawning seems reduced significantly.

Quick check: Seeing as you are newer, are you saying ore spawning is less than vanilla? In terra firma ore tends to be less frequent, but the veins are much larger.

half of the items in the game have no name,just a empty purple line.The new cobblestones are not in the creative menu.along with this there was a random lag spike that overloaded my disk drive to 100% and i had to restart my laptop,but before the lag spike i was at maximum stats and working super smooth.the makers seriously should of checked things out my fooling around in creative and survival for a bit before releasing the update...

Quick check: Seeing as you are newer, are you saying ore spawning is less than vanilla? In terra firma ore tends to be less frequent, but the veins are much larger.

Less frequent as in: I flew around inn creative for an hour using the prospecting pick without a single hit.

I'm taking a look at each of these. Some of these problems I've seen before and I just forgot to get to them and others I hadn't seen. If you are installing over a previous installation please remember to delete your configs!

Hiya. I'm having trouble making plans on the scribbling table. I seem to be unable to place markings down in the "scribbling area". Not sure if this is a bug, or if its a changed and Im just being special... :D

Guys, if you want me to add a bug to this list, I really need some way of replicating it - instructions would be nice. Also, It would be nice to see if the NEI bug was fixed with the latest hotfix.

could you test out the bug i found? i am not entirely shure if its just my minecraft thats messing up.

Open a new world (important if you dont want to mess up your own).

find some sand and put it on top of something so that the sand block will fall/slide down the bottom block.

that should replicate the sand in some wierd (but epic) ways. (i created a whole sand continent that way with only one sandblock, so i hope its just me having this problem)

I'm getting MASSIVE console spam and lag about a memory connection overburdening.

2013-04-04 07:16:15 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Server] Memory connection overburdened; after processing 2500 packets, we still have 1168043 to go!

2013-04-04 07:16:15 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] Memory connection overburdened; after processing 2500 packets, we still have 77 to go!

2013-04-04 07:16:15 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Server] Memory connection overburdened; after processing 2500 packets, we still have 1165719 to go!

This happens about 5 times a second when the game isn't paused. Game locks up after a few minutes of this.

Also oh god, SAND, the destroyer of the universe! My sand is grey goo!

This was 1 block of sand placed to where it would fall (it fell after about 30 seconds of floating)

Posted Image

I'm getting MASSIVE console spam and...

my self copying "sand continent" spans god knows how many chunks and biomes. but its fun to play with.

look on the bright side. you found clay

I'm getting MASSIVE console spam and lag about a memory connection overburdening.

2013-04-04 07:16:15 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Server] Memory connection overburdened; after processing 2500 packets, we still have 1168043 to go!

2013-04-04 07:16:15 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] Memory connection overburdened; after processing 2500 packets, we still have 77 to go!

2013-04-04 07:16:15 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Server] Memory connection overburdened; after processing 2500 packets, we still have 1165719 to go!

This happens about 5 times a second when the game isn't paused. Game locks up after a few minutes of this.

Also oh god, SAND, the destroyer of the universe! My sand is grey goo!

This was 1 block of sand placed to where it would fall (it fell after about 30 seconds of floating)

Posted Image

I think the console spam bug falls under the terrible performance issues section.

Terra Liquidus Craft?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 minute later:

Posted Image

I love the designs the sand makes, it's all swirly and random when it's still small. Pretty neat.

I can't get into the game with the Launcher. I get stuck on BUILDING WORLD and can get no further. When I close out the Launcher window it says Launcher.jar failed to launch... ?

I get stuck at downloading world then it crashes. Help!