Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
-TK-

[B76] Latest version bugs & FAQ.

233 posts in this topic

Less frequent as in: I flew around inn creative for an hour using the prospecting pick without a single hit.

Yep that's less frequent. Sorry just wanted to check. I also tried, but couldn't find any ore... this bug has my approval ^_^

So are most of the bugs fixed, I saw the change log and wanted to check before redownloading and risking my world...

In hotfix #2 the firestarter texture is missing.

EDIT: and glancing through creative inventory: vines, glass bottle, protection meter, tin chisel head

Some creatures, such as skeletons have two spawn eggs, one uncolored. I know TFC doesn't support creative, but perhaps that is a sign of something survival-relevant being messed up.

So are most of the bugs fixed, I saw the change log and wanted to check before redownloading and risking my world...

I consider it pretty unlikely that all the bugs were found. TFC is complex, a days worth of testing is hardly sufficient, even if that testing had occurred when the game wasn't mostly unplayable.

In hotfix #2 the firestarter texture is missing.

EDIT: and glancing through creative inventory: vines, glass bottle, protection meter, tin chisel head

Some creatures, such as skeletons have two spawn eggs, one uncolored. I know TFC doesn't support creative, but perhaps that is a sign of something survival-relevant being messed up.

TFC skeletons and normal skeletons are two different entities. One has 20 health and the other has upwards of 400? to be in-line with the damage you deal.

Not sure what meter is....

2013-04-04 10:44:50 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/blocks/devices/meter8.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.

2013-04-04 10:44:50 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/blocks/devices/meter7.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.

2013-04-04 10:44:50 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/blocks/devices/meter0.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.

2013-04-04 10:44:50 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/blocks/devices/meter1.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.

2013-04-04 10:44:50 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/blocks/devices/meter2.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.

2013-04-04 10:44:50 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/blocks/devices/meter3.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.

2013-04-04 10:44:50 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/blocks/devices/meter4.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.

2013-04-04 10:44:50 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/blocks/devices/meter5.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.

2013-04-04 10:44:50 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/blocks/devices/meter6.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.

2013-04-04 10:44:50 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/blocks/devices/meterTop.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.

Below tools function but show up with the texture is missing icon when in inventory and in use.

2013-04-04 10:44:51 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/tools/Firestarter.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.

2013-04-04 10:44:51 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/toolheads/Tin Chisel Head.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.

I have generated two worlds one with build 76 and one with build 76 hot-fix 2. Both have experienced the same world generation bug. My worlds are getting random mis-generated chunks. These are not missing chunks which are a client rendering bug, but rather singe chunks which do not fit the terrain and are mostly or completed filled with water at sea level.

Posted Image

Posted Image

For whatever reason, you cannot make a clay spindle with naturally acquired clay. This recipe only works with clay spawned in via either cheats or creative.

post-2791-0-28400700-1365094128_thumb.jp

I have generated two worlds one with build 76 and one with build 76 hot-fix 2. Both have experienced the same world generation bug. My worlds are getting random mis-generated chunks. These are not missing chunks which are a client rendering bug, but rather singe chunks which do not fit the terrain and are mostly or completed filled with water at sea level.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Er... Have you checked the type of stone, like is it vanila terrain or is it TFC ocean terrain. Beacuse there was a bit of an odd glitch way back when where for some reason of another TFC blocks stopped generateing and it reverted to generating vanila landscape.

For whatever reason, you cannot make a clay spindle with naturally acquired clay. This recipe only works with clay spawned in via either cheats or creative.

i have just made a clay spindle with naturally acquired clay.

are you shure you are using hotfix 2 and deleted the TFC config files after updating?

The clay spindle problem confirmed for me, Hot Fix 2 for sure.

I just bairly downloaded and did a fresh install. Manual. No clay spindle.

i have just made a clay spindle with naturally acquired clay.

are you shure you are using hotfix 2 and deleted the TFC config files after updating?

Yep, I'm using a fresh version of hotfix 2. I should also mention that I have this issue in my new world created in hotfix 2, so I'm not sure if this applies to old worlds created in previous versions of the game.

heh, I like the sand duping bug and the 'grey goo'... feels like im the only one who got the reference :(

Posted Image

Yep, I'm using a fresh version of hotfix 2. I should also mention that I have this issue in my new world created in hotfix 2, so I'm not sure if this applies to old worlds created in previous versions of the game.

yeah i see now -.- im getting this to sometimes now when i change gamemodes, however i cant replicate the problem with 100% certainty all the time?

EDIT: from what i have tested it seems to be a problem with the clay from survival mode (even tough i made a clay spinde before in survival mode without cheats).

replication: you can make a spindel with a survival mode stick and a creative mode clay (so i guess its not the stick), but not a survival mode clay and survival mode stick.

creative mode stick and survival mode clay (again) gives nothing. the clay accuired from survival mode and creative mode stacks together without problems.

yeah i see now -.- im getting this to sometimes now when i change gamemodes, however i cant replicate the problem with 100% certainty all the time?

EDIT: from what i have tested it seems to be a problem with the clay from survival mode (even tough i made a clay spinde before in survival mode without cheats).

replication: you can make a spindel with a survival mode stick and a creative mode clay (so i guess its not the stick), but not a survival mode clay and survival mode stick.

creative mode stick and survival mode clay (again) gives nothing. the clay accuired from survival mode and creative mode stacks together without problems.

This is the trend I've seen as well. Perhaps clay found in survival mode and clay spawned in creative count as different item types?

An additional problem I'm having is with creating doors out of planks (the planks you create by combining an axe with a log, not the wooden planks you get by combining 4 planks together, although that just makes a vanilla door). For whatever reason, the door recipe doesn't work anymore. The other recipes using planks seem to work, however. I believe this is a bug, or did the recipe for doors change from build 75?

This is the trend I've seen as well. Perhaps clay found in survival mode and clay spawned in creative count as different item types?

An additional problem I'm having is with creating doors out of planks (the planks you create by combining an axe with a log, not the wooden planks you get by combining 4 planks together, although that just makes a vanilla door). For whatever reason, the door recipe doesn't work anymore. The other recipes using planks seem to work, however. I believe this is a bug, or did the recipe for doors change from build 75?

regarding the door, i to believe it to be a bug. after the update some recipes has been broken. i just think its one of them.

regarding the clay, i have no idea seing as both the survival clay and the creative clay stack perfectly every time.

I have however found out that when you mix the creative clay and survival clay (when in survival mode) in one stack they all count as creative clay.

however, waiting to long (im not shure though) will make the thrown creative clay turn into survival mode clay and you wont be able to make the spindle again?

EDIT: try using a shovel on 10 blocks or more instead of using hands. i have noticed that the clay that doesnt work only drops one clay item pr. clay block mined.

Clay that does work (mostly by using a shovel) drops more than one clay item pr. clay block mined.

so thats one workaround untill the next update will be released.

Great to see all the fixes pushed through so quickly!

Finite water is rendering properly, simple tools functioning, no more crashing when eating. Thanks for all the hard work!

Still not able to get a spindle going in SSP, and the texture for the firestarter is still missing after Hotfix 3 with a clean install.

I'm having missing textures on firestarters and protection meters.

EDIT: try using a shovel on 10 blocks or more instead of using hands. i have noticed that the clay that doesnt work only drops one clay item pr. clay block mined.

Clay that does work (mostly by using a shovel) drops more than one clay item pr. clay block mined.

so thats one workaround untill the next update will be released.

That actually worked for me. Crazy. Thanks for the advice.

Unable to get Ores to show up with a prospector pick, just says "large sample of " and a blank where the ore should be, on hotfix 3 new map.

Also when you do find the ore it says "Found" with a blank also.

Find a new one :

- Everithing can be put into the chest : logs, tools, javelins, etc...

The TFC door recipe with TFC planks appears to be not working.

Right-clicking with a bow equipped instantly crashes the game with the following stacktrace:

java.lang.NullPointerExceptionat net.minecraft.item.ItemBow.func_94599_c(ItemBow.java:173)at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.func_70620_b(EntityPlayer.java:2009)at net.minecraft.client.entity.EntityPlayerSP.func_70620_b(bfk.java:675)at net.minecraft.client.renderer.ItemRenderer.func_78443_a(ItemRenderer.java:85)at net.minecraft.client.renderer.ItemRenderer.func_78440_a(ItemRenderer.java:492)at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78476_b(EntityRenderer.java:697)at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78471_a(EntityRenderer.java:1271)at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78480_b(EntityRenderer.java:991)at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:867)at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:756)at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

EDIT: Using hotfix 3 from the launcher

New vanilla inventory mechanics seem to be completely broken in most (all?) TFC containers, for example click-dragging with a stack under the cursor just drops it instead of distributing it equally between slots. Very annoying since if you move the mouse just a little while clicking it drops the stack instead of putting it in the slot you wanted.

Also I've noticed some weird stacking mechanics although that may not be a new bug in build 76, for example a finished clay mold out of a firepit will not stack with other finished clay molds (and the tooltip does not indicate that the mold is hot) but if I drop it on the ground it will stack just fine once it is picked up again. Same thing with other cookable items, porkchops etc.

Has anyone else had issues with doors and rocks? Every time I try to put together four of any rock to make the cobblestone version the game crashs. Also for some reason doors seem to be broken, and I can't use the normal (Wood) Planks to make (Wood Type) Door's, I have to make the vanilla door, and its frankly resource consuming and irritating. (Damn vanilla doors look like crap with TFC.)

so help? :wacko:

hey guys the chest in 76 bug fix 5 are bugged item is not rendering right in innovatory and place in world also you can put logs inside.