Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RedDemonLord

Friendly Mobs Are Gone!

5 posts in this topic

Hello all!

I have a SMP server. So I updated TFC to build 76. But I wanted to keep the map. But it is kind of getting troublesome.

There are a lot of item ID issues. Like, all of our TFC planks were turned into handmills and plans are now sprindles. Metal nuggets were converted into lava filled blue steel buckets and such... Well, that's not much of a big deal, to be honest.

But the real problem is, all the animals(friendly mobs) are gone. Not sure what's happening, but those entities instantly get ignored by the server. When I try to load new chunks, this happens. Take a look:

http://puu.sh/2uwog

http://puu.sh/2uw19

It's gamebreaking, any ideas? :[

Did you delete the config file when you updated, on both the server and all the clients? It is strictly recommended to do this for TFC, and if you didn't, that might be where your item ID mismatches come from.

Unsure if that has anything to do with your mobs disappearing though.

I did delete the config files on my client and server.

..all the clients?

Well, not sure about my friend's though, would it matter? But like I said, main problem is that animals are disappearing. I am able to spawn friendly mobs, but only via use of cheats. Hostile mobs are perfectly fine.

I did delete the config files on my client and server.

There is your problem. The servers world file is looking for specific ids that it then links to specific files. If your keeping the world you can't delete the config, even if blocks and items are added.

Best bet if you hopefully have a backup, if not there's pretty much no going back, is to backup the config on your client. Then you delete the confg on the client. Then load and produce a new config with the new version. After that you have to cross reference the new config with the old one and make sure all the old block and item ids match the old config, and that any new ones don't conflict with older already used ids.

Basically the server is looking for id #such and such to be in that particular spot. So if block id it was useing for the block was 213, but now the id for that block is 235 and now id 213 is used by another block then it will show the new block with that id and not the old. Same with items, same with entities (like sheep,cows,chickens and so on).

The reason your animals poof but monsters still appear is because animals are persistant, and monsters respawn constantly if their spawn conditions are met.

Edit: reason I say generate new config for cross reference on client is if you do it on the server then the dammage is done ad soon as the world loads, animals that possibly have a new entity id are then deleted cause the old animals were not linked to an id on the world files. Once the new config is varified you can then either add it to the server, or cross reference it with the server config.

Oh? Well, can you explain why clients has a drastic effect on the server itself? I mean, shouldn't I be the only one who can't see the animals because I deleted my config? Anyway, I think I do have backups. Sorry but I must ask another thing, what is and how to cross reference? ^_^

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0