Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
fofi9753

A few suggestions on Stone Age Weapons

27 posts in this topic

Thrown rocks and slings would be an amazing addition, considering even a high school pitcher can kill someone with a well placed fastball. even a kiwi sized rock thrown at force can give concussions and brain hemorrhaging. Body shots would hurt like hell but usually not be fatal. (let us not forget the old way of executing someone was to pelt them with stones) And even a basic sling can throw rocks at much faster speeds than a MLB pitcher. The Romans used slings with lead bullets to attack heavy infantry from distances of around 60 meters due to all the weight being concentrated in a smaller slug the bullet had much greater damage against hard targets- like skulls and armor

If I recall correctly, a well-made sling thrown at the proper angle with a well-made ammo would exceed the range of most bows, with only a composite bow or longbow able to match it in range(I believe the range was 400 meters).

Slings can be extremely powerful weapons, and can even break a sword when hit, or kill a large animal, like a horse.

That, plus the fact that slings and sling ammunition is ridiculously cheap to make, makes it a pretty OP weapon to put in a game.

Unless the sling was really hard to use, like say, if you don't charge it long enough, or if you let go at the wrong time, the shot flies off to random places.

For the javelins, what if you could only throw them when fully charged, and the moment they where, they are fired automatically?

So it would take some practice to learn proper timing with the javelins, and not make them as easy to use as they are(but still pretty easy I suppose)