Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UnrealKaumo

Quick and easy change.

6 posts in this topic

Using a knife to harvest sugarcane would make more sense.

Then crushing it to get the juice and bagasse.

The juice would then be purified, boiled and evaporated to get the sugar.

Bagasse would be used in a forge or a firepit as fuel and for making paper.

Vanilla sugar and paper are just far too boring simple, imho :)

yes but i just meant like, maybe this could just be quickly added in the next build. Not like, a whole new system.

Not saying I don't like your idea, I definitely do.

anyways, just an idea for another small thing that will make the game tougher!

Using a knife to harvest sugarcane would make more sense.

Then crushing it to get the juice and bagasse.

The juice would then be purified, boiled and evaporated to get the sugar.

Bagasse would be used in a forge or a firepit as fuel and for making paper.

Vanilla sugar and paper are just far too boring simple, imho :)

In my opinion, this is a bit too complicated, and involves adding a bunch of items and processes to craft said items with no real purpose other than to craft an item that exists in vanila minecraft. Also, the idea of fuel from a resource as renewable as sugarcane would require it to either be VERY inefficient, or for the growth rates for the cane itself to be tweaked. All in all, this could require half of the next update to be devoted to sugarcane, hardly quick and easy.

Sugar requiring a knife and sugarcane like other crops!

The original post I like, it is a crop and should require a tool to process it, the fact that the tool exists in the game allready would make this simple to implement.

The original post I like, it is a crop and should require a tool to process it, the fact that the tool exists in the game allready would make this simple to implement.

Simple...sure...i think 2 lines of code should do it :)

good suggestion, just please remember to name the thread so that people can easily recognise what the topic of said thread is about

example: instead of "Quick and easy change" name the thread something having to do with sugarcane, like "quick sugarcane change" or something like that

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0