Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
aeroc

[TFC 0.76.X] Terra Bow Mod (Abandoned)

78 posts in this topic

Abandoned: September 2013

I just wanted to let people know that I have no intention of updating this mod for B77+, I'm too busy with real life. The source for this mod is available on github. I don't agree with copyright, so feel free to copy/edit/distribute any or all of my code at your leisure. Thanks to everyone who left suggestions, there are some quality posts that took people some time to type and I would've gladly used your ideas to improve the mod if I had more time.

Overview

Terra Bow mod is a bow and arrow mod to compliment TFC. It's a work in progress, just waiting on some finished textures. But I figured it was a good time to get it out there and have it play tested so I can work out any bugs. Please post up any bugs you find in version 0.7 only.

Download & Install

Download and place .zip file in the /mods directory.

http://www.gamogora....errabow.0.7.zip - Version 0.7 - MC 1.5.1, TFC B76, built on Forge 639
http://www.gamogora....errabow.0.6.zip - Version 0.6 - MC 1.5.1, TFC B76, built on Forge 639
http://www.gamogora....errabow.0.5.zip - Version 0.5 - MC 1.5.1, TFC B76, built on Forge 639
http://www.gamogora....errabow.0.3.zip - Version 0.3 - MC 1.4.6, TFC B75, built on Forge 486

Features

• [*]
3 Bows: Primitive, Longbow & Composite [*]15 Arrows: 13 TFC Metals, Stone & Bone [*]3 Anvil Plans: Plane Blade, Metal Rod and Arrowhead [*]New Metal Tool: Hand Plane [*]Longbows and composite bows have variable durability based on the "quality" of the woods that produced them. [*]Highly Configurable: Configure arrow damage, bow accuracy, durability, velocity, wood quality, stack sizes and more.

Recipes

Terra Bow mod adds quite a few new items and recipes so I made a simple page to help reference them (not accurate for version 0.3):

http://gamogora.com/mods/terrabow/

Other Notes

It is still very much a work in progress. Some of the textures are redundant placeholders until the final textures are ready. All credit to Kwink007 for supplying the already finalized textures and many thanks for the feedback from the members of Roanoke server.

My research was limited to watching youtube videos and looking up wikipedia, so forgive me if some things don't make perfect sense. But feel free to leave feedback and complaints.

I will write about the config file settings soon, to explain what they all do. It's possible to mess up the way the bows and arrows work if you put some values out of certain ranges.

Change Log

Version 0.7 - April 29, 2013
  • [*]Fixed arrowhead/anvil crafting bug, where executing an arrowhead recipe twice would only produce 1 arrowhead instead of 16. (Many thanks to VegasGoat for the solution.)

Version 0.6 - April 24, 2013

• [*]Fixed bone and stone arrows mix up when picking up arrows in ground. [*]Added two new config settings: ChanceToDropArrow and ChanceToDropArrowhead. The chance should be a double between 0.0 and 1.0. [*]After an arrow strikes a living entity, there is a chance that the arrow or the arrow's arrowhead will drop immediately, based on the two new config settings above.

Nice ideas. What does all the different bowes do in damage?

The better bows offer longer durability, better arrow velocity and accuracy. I can't remember if velocity affects damage, but if it doesn't then they all do identical damage. It's the variety in arrow heads that do different damage.

Aeroc has done a wonderful job with this mod. There is a tremendous amount of config power. I'm very excited and will be adding it to Roanoke soon.

Bob

Does single ingot produce only a single metal rod, which, in turn, produces only a single arrowhead, and then arrow recipe produces a single arrow per arrowhead, or is it just inaccurate tutorial page?

EDIT: nevermind, it's 16 arrowheads per rod.

I will compile my OCD-induced suggestions for this mod now.

- From the looks of things (metal rods, mostly), there will be crossbows eventually. Is it true?

- Is it possible to do so metal rod does not requre a plan in slot, much like metal sheets do?

- I think hand plan recipe should require a plank in place of a stick, or maybe both, as stick is used as handle.

- Maybe glue bottle should have a durability bar and "break" into an empty bottle, so less swapping is required when making a lot of arrows. These also don't stack atm, so inventory gets quite flooded too.

- From the looks of things (metal rods, mostly), there will be crossbows eventually. Is it true?

I considered crossbows, but this was as far as I was planning to go with this mod. The example I saw of people smithing arrowheads was from rods. A lot of my production lines involve multiple steps which TFC authors avoid, maybe for good reason.

- Is it possible to do so metal rod does not requre a plan in slot, much like metal sheets do?

It certainly is.

- I think hand plan recipe should require a plank in place of a stick, or maybe both, as stick is used as handle.

I agree, I was considering making it plank instead, but ultimately I went with sticks to be consistent with the other TFC tools and weapon recipes. Stick and plank is even better.

- Maybe glue bottle should have a durability bar and "break" into an empty bottle, so less swapping is required when making a lot of arrows. These also don't stack atm, so inventory gets quite flooded too.

They should have a durability bar, are you not seeing one when you use it? Glue bottles should be multi-use. Breaking into an empty bottle is a good idea, I'll add that when I get the chance. Thanks for the feedback.

They should have a durability bar, are you not seeing one when you use it? Glue bottles should be multi-use. Breaking into an empty bottle is a good idea, I'll add that when I get the chance.

I was testing this in creative, and crafting didn't damage glue bottles, but I had so many of them I didn't noticed that crafting did not consume the bottle. Now I checked in survival, and it's all good.

Thanks for the feedback.

This was the word I completely forgot when writing my previous post. Thank you for reminding me.

Perhaps you could enhance damage a bit, or make the arrows retrievable though? Arrows are now a bit expensive, and I find that it takes a bit to kill a single animal already. Could you perhaps make it similar to how javelins behave in that the arrows would be retrievable after attacking?

Perhaps you could enhance damage a bit, or make the arrows retrievable though? Arrows are now a bit expensive, and I find that it takes a bit to kill a single animal already. Could you perhaps make it similar to how javelins behave in that the arrows would be retrievable after attacking?

There are at least 3 ways to configure damage. You can also adjust how many arrow heads are created by knapping and smithing. You can also retrieve some arows.

Okay, so here are my thoughts: Great idea, but execution still needs refining.

First, I think you could probably remove the "rough footed shaft" step. I think it's unnecessary. Just go from rough shaft to footed shaft with the planer. If you must, compensate by reducing the amount of rough shafts you receive from the sawn plank.

The material cost of metal arrow heads is way way too much. You should either find a way to produce multiple rods from an ingot, or perhaps you could have the recipe produce a "pack of unfinished arrowheads", which then must be combined with a "sharpening stone" tool in a crafting grid to produce X amount of finished arrowheads. Four to six would be acceptable, I think.

This is a friendly reminder that editing TFC files is prohibited when making mods of TFC. I don't know if you've done this, and I hope you haven't because this looks good. More archery options is something we've been considering, and this might be just the proving ground for such a feature. That said, I still can't allow any TFC file edits.

First, I think you could probably remove the "rough footed shaft" step. I think it's unnecessary. Just go from rough shaft to footed shaft with the planer. If you must, compensate by reducing the amount of rough shafts you receive from the sawn plank.

Ya there are probably too many steps, it's probably better to skip some wood products in a few places.

The material cost of metal arrow heads is way way too much. You should either find a way to produce multiple rods from an ingot, or perhaps you could have the recipe produce a "pack of unfinished arrowheads", which then must be combined with a "sharpening stone" tool in a crafting grid to produce X amount of finished arrowheads. Four to six would be acceptable, I think.

By default each metal rod produces 16 metal arrowheads. The TFC anvil doesn't show the quantity of an item stack when crafted, but once you click to pick up the stack the quantity appears correctly. The number of arrowheads from a rod is also a configurable value in the config file.

This is a friendly reminder that editing TFC files is prohibited when making mods of TFC.

This mod does not edit any TFC class files, nor does it distribute them.

This mod does not edit any TFC class files, nor does it distribute them.

Fantastic! Nice job on the mod btw.

I am going to set up a poll on this thread.

I'm here to report a slight bug where arrow sometimes get suck in air block as if there's a solid block in there.

Also, is there any consideration on making arrows break not always on hit with the mob, but leave the chance to retrieve them? This will help to balance out the cost of high-tier arrows, as I see it.

I'm here to report a slight bug where arrow sometimes get suck in air block as if there's a solid block in there.

Also, is there any consideration on making arrows break not always on hit with the mob, but leave the chance to retrieve them? This will help to balance out the cost of high-tier arrows, as I see it.

I noticed that bug too, but I believe it's a forge bug. Try removing my mod and then shoot a few vanilla arrows into a wall, I saw the exact same thing without my mod.

As for retrieving arrows from mobs, it's a great idea. Sadly, I'm not aware of any way to implement this without modifying TFC itself. Once TFC adds its own custom versions of mobs, there is no way to substitute your own customized versions of those mobs in their place. Forge doesn't seem to have a method for removing or replacing other mods' mobs from the spawning system. There could be a way I'm not aware of, if someone knows, hopefully they will share.

As for retrieving arrows from mobs, it's a great idea. Sadly, I'm not aware of any way to implement this without modifying TFC itself. Once TFC adds its own custom versions of mobs, there is no way to substitute your own customized versions of those mobs in their place. Forge doesn't seem to have a method for removing or replacing other mods' mobs from the spawning system. There could be a way I'm not aware of, if someone knows, hopefully they will share.

Maybe you can implement javelin-like behaviour for the arrows? If not - nevermind.

y u no add crossbows?: the wooden chu-ko-nu (rapid fire but weak power) the metal: (costly, but packs a punch like a hammer) and the regular, wooden crossbow (the middle lane)

you'd need the rope, the stock, the recipe, special bolts and the difference with bows is that crossbows dont have a drawing time for the first shot, but a longer reload, and in general inflict much more damage than regular bows :D

y u no add crossbows?

Y u no send me the render code for the crossbow models?

Maybe you can implement javelin-like behaviour for the arrows? If not - nevermind.

Didn't I just mention that? And no-one listened.

Didn't I just mention that? And no-one listened.

I am not sure how possible this is, but it is an interesting idea, I'll grant that :)

For the retrieving arrows i don't know if this requires Terra file modding but you could add the arrows shot into the mob as a drop.

So, does this mean making a single stone arrow requires a whole fish?

So, does this mean making a single stone arrow requires a whole fish?

No, it doesn't. Glue bottle has multiple uses, how much exactly - I can't tell for now.

No, it doesn't. Glue bottle has multiple uses, how much exactly - I can't tell for now.

Uses on a glue bottle can be set in the config. I think its 256 by default.