Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
transcengopher

I want to tell you a story

6 posts in this topic

I was minding my business today when I remembered weird and somewhat creepy thing that happened to me once in my TFC playthrough. I will try to explain what happened as thorough as I can.

It was the time, when TFC was SSP-only mod overriding minecraft.jar files directly, TFC world was generated using vanilla biome generator with ocean level of 65, snowfall would generate snow slabs of various height that would slow player's movement, ore could generate in very small pockets, so you could find Garnierite vein in open cliff face, and hammers were so OP they could kill an enderdragon in one hit. It was the time our story takes place.

I'm no storyteller, so I'll probably butcher the whole thing, but what can I do.

It started pretty normal - although I spawned in the hickory forest, there was schist stone around, so I gathered some materials and saplings and set on expedition to find the surface granite layer stone. I lucked out, and it was somewhat close - in the forest biome which happened to generate close to 0, 0 coordinates (with vanilla spawning system in place it was near-500 block travel, which is nothing special even in vanilla, not to mention current TFC states) I ran into steep hills built out of granite. This was a perfect place to throw my bones at, so I occupied a nearby hill, where I built me a shack, setup some sluices in all nearest ponds, crafted a hotbar worth of stone picks and started to dig a mine.

Long story short, I had a nice established house with storage and basic smithing area built into a hill, a pen with cows and a descent wheat field which I made in the nearby swamp biome. I progressed through up to the steel tools and even found some gold, so I was able to make a black steel as soon as my old steel tools were to break - I was doing fantastic, basically.

House

Posted Image

Inside, first floor.

Posted Image

Storage and crafting

Posted Image

Smelting

Posted Image

Smithing

Posted Image

Interesting part happened when I was building a road. I don't remember why I was doing that - probably, to haul resources from one of the mines without needing to jump up and down the hills surrounding my home valley. So, in doing that at one of the nights, I ran past the lake and noticed a faint glow behind the trees in the middle of the lake. Upon approaching I saw a nether portal. An effing nether portal, generated in TFC world, at almost exactly 0, 65, 0 coordinates (while I said my home snow forest biome generated near 0, 0, my house was located at -200 something, and this was the first time I visited the center of my world).

It may sound like I built the portal myself, but I assure you - I didn't do such things, it is indeed was generated by itself - I think so, anyway.

Portal

Posted Image

Preparing for expedition inside

Posted Image

Nether. Looked completely normal, which is both soothed me and surprised a bit, as I expected something to be happening there.

Posted Image

I got out with a good haul of glowstone and netherrack and a single ghast tear. Netherrack is placed by me to make it look more like I felt about it.

Posted Image

Spruced my house afterwards with the spoils of my efforts.

Posted Image

stange, onet ime i found what i belive to be the starts of a mining shaft in one of my singleplayer worlds, lit with redstone torches

you know...it could mean that HE is returning.....

That is strange, maybe it's something they added in intentionally? Or maybe it's something in 1.5 that carried over here, like pumpkins?

You misread, probably. It was almost a year ago, when TFC beta 2 hasn't even started yet.

Oh, oops, apologies.

Let me tell you a story.... a story of night and mystery, of strange doings unseen, unheard, but most definitely not unnoticed. A story of a Wanderer, one who seeks the solitude of a forgotten world. Forsaken by its past people? or perhaps it has never been inhabited before, a new life, a new dawn. The Wanderer, whose only thoughts are of where they are, never worrying about a destination, trying to forget the past, they begin their new life in this world, never striving for anything but tomorrow.The Wanderer, learning more of this new world has discovered something. What they thought was a tranquilly empty world holds a dark secret, the Wanderer now has purpouse. Locked in a conflict that they were never meant for, nowhere to run, no place to hide; they must now defend, the fredom of the wanderer is stripped, a wanderer no more, a Warrior they become, battling through the darkness of night, through the deep places of the world untoutched by the warmth of the sun. their joruneys take them across this conflicted world, from mountain to sea, desert to forest, and even to the depths of hell. fighting back evil, bringing light to this once beautiful land wherever they go.Their past life is effaced, the Wanderer is no more, a Champion stands in their place.

This is the story I shall tell to you.....

the story.....

...of Minecraft

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0