Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aliceingame

1.6 snapshot

36 posts in this topic

Nice things will come in 1.6, what are your impression ?

• Added horses, based on the work of John Olarte (DrZhark), of Mo’ Creatures fame
  • Added horse armor (iron, gold, diamond)

• Crafted with six iron/gold/diamond, and a wool block
  • Added horse saddle

• Crafted with five leather and three iron ingots
  • Added hay bales
  • Added leashes
  • Added carpets

• Carpets are made using 2 of your desired colors of wool in a horizontal line
  • The “Respiration” enchantment now also helps seeing underwater
  • Added donkeys

• Share the same spawning code as horses
    • Have chests with their saddles, although no inventory is currently available
    • There is a Undead, Skeleton, and Mule version of the donkey included in the code, although they require NBT editing to view ingame

The horses update is kind of an old news, but still interesting.

I will use hay to make the roof of my house. Dunk said he will re-introduce them in the game if vanilla introduce them.

Carpet could be nice decoration, with our new wool it should be easy to craft.

Like the fact that we might have donkeys with chests and inventory to do on a mining expedition.

still think horses are rendered completely freaking useless with the addition of the carrot on a stick, so that saddled pigs are controllable

Horses have a lot of advantages over pigs.

-Horses do not require an item that degrades over time, to be used as a mount.

-Horses trotting speed is as fast if not faster than a fully sprinting pig.

-Horses use WASD controls instead of horrible mouse look that pigs use. This means that your hands are free to use another tool such as a sword. Or better yet, you can use a rope while on horse back to leash passive mobs and drag them with you. That's right, they added wrangling to the game. The keyboard control is a lot more fine tuned than what pigs allow, which often take a moment to either adjust to a turn or come to a complete stop.

-Horses can jump. They can jump pretty damn high at that. It seems that each breed of horse has a separate max jumping height.

-Horses can be ridden across water, pigs become dead in the water.

-Horses have a ton more health than a pig does, and it varies with each breed. Horses also can equip armor, combine that with the fast movement speed, controls, and the ability to use a sword while mounted on a horse, they are so much better for using to explore dangerous terrain.

-Donkey/Mules have been shown to be able to equip chests. While this is only a visual change right now, this will likely be a full feature. This means that those breeds will be great for item transport, a thing that pigs cannot do, even more so when you consider riding on a donkey and having a second one leashed to you as you ride.

While rideable pigs seemed a neat idea, if silly, their controls are god awful and the fact that you are limited to use them based on how many carrot on a sticks you decide to stuff into your inventory makes them a poor choice of transport. Compared to the controls and abilities of the new horse, there really is no comparing they are that much better.

Xisumavoid's video about the snapshot , this then makes simply horses absolite :(

I still don't agree with these horses, I think they want to murder me... They've got hooves for hands!

Never really used simply horses. I know it exist but I found it after TFC so never tried it properly. I only hope the horses will spawn in TFC...

Leashes, i think will be the breakaway feature. There's a lot of potential, for new, unintended, clever and complicated uses.

Unless you really love carpet, there isn't much reason to play the survival with the snapshot now, horses are super rare, and leashes and hay bales have no recipe.

I never played a snapshot, but it's nice to see what is coming.

I was just thinking the other day how leashes would be nice instead of having to lure animals with wheat. That's going to be a great feature, I hope it will work in TFC as well.

The creator of simplyhorses hangs out in the TFC IRC all the time. I've talked to her in the past about how she codes animals. With the new horses, she and I agreed to directly implement her horses into TFC to replace the vanilla horses.

sounds great, hopefully theyll look better then or than the vanilla ones

The creator of simplyhorses hangs out in the TFC IRC all the time. I've talked to her in the past about how she codes animals. With the new horses, she and I agreed to directly implement her horses into TFC to replace the vanilla horses.

Like I said, I never used simply horses, but it's mostly because the recipes are not TFC friendly, the horse do not spawn naturally and some taming food are not the TFC version. I know there is a setting to change their health to TFC system, but you can not use the mod if you want to play it 100% legit.

If we will have simply horse's horses, then, is there any chance to see donkey and mules in TFC?

Like I said, I never used simply horses, but it's mostly because the recipes are not TFC friendly, the horse do not spawn naturally and some taming food are not the TFC version. I know there is a setting to change their health to TFC system, but you can not use the mod if you want to play it 100% legit.

If we will have simply horse's horses, then, is there any chance to see donkey and mules in TFC?

we'll replace them too. I don't like mo'creatures

Can we expect the vanilla movement feel? The Simply Horses move, or at least used to, move like pigs/boats. Kind of unfriendly. The vanilla horses are a JOY to ride.

The vanilla horses are a JOY to ride.

I do agree with that.

Though i doubt they know yet if 1.6 will make it easier to make riding 3rd party critters like the new horses.

boats, y u no more controllable!

and if they are: Y U NO FASTER/MORE BOATLIKE!

BTW look at this crazy contraption , a great example of a somewhat physics engine in minecraft , and hell-a cool!

well that is badass, but i dont see a chairlift in this: i see a mining shaft with items being transported upwards depending on the weight you put in the downwards motion (empty it to stop it) or a manner in which to move whole blocks (8x8*2 or so chunks of blocks broken by wedges) towards a pyramid-like structure :D

(just saying random stuff out loud)

There you go ! We could use this for minecarts to make a elevator for ores and dust !

The only thing im not fond on is that you have to navigate the horse like a pig , it is really anoying when trying to charge a zombie or place a block or anything except ride the horse .....

But ok ..... i guees i won't like it too much but go ahead :)

There you go ! We could use this for minecarts to make a elevator for ores and dust !

The only thing im not fond on is that you have to navigate the horse like a pig , it is really anoying when trying to charge a zombie or place a block or anything except ride the horse .....

But ok ..... i guees i won't like it too much but go ahead :)

she's helping me develop them. I think a vanilla style steering system is in order, although I haven't tryed it out yet. Can they strafe? I don't like sideways horses

she's helping me develop them. I think a vanilla style steering system is in order, although I haven't tryed it out yet. Can they strafe? I don't like sideways horses

i dont think anyone likes sideways horses my friend, thats just wrong

Like the fact that we might have donkeys with chests and inventory to do on a mining expedition.

At the moment donkeys can only be leashed to posts. It would be good to have the ability to leash one donkey to another so that you can have a train of them.

At the moment donkeys can only be leashed to posts. It would be good to have the ability to leash one donkey to another so that you can have a train of them.

It can be really finicky and breaks if you move to sharp/fast, but I have had luck leashing a horse or another passive mob, then mounting another horse and dragging the leashed animal as I ride.

I still don't agree with these horses, I think they want to murder me... They've got hooves for hands!

Posted Image

=P You guys do realize you can use WASD (or at least, AD) on SH horses, right? In any case, the TFC horses will be controllable by AD or mouse (toggleable), because I've found that AD can get a bit unweildy at high speeds. WS will still be used to speed up or slow down your mount :).

Oh, and no strafing horses... jeezus no.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0