Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
aliceingame

0.77.11 bug and translation mistake

162 posts in this topic

Bug report

Name: Disappearing paper on scribe table GUI

Category: Annoying, but minor

If you have a stack of paper in your scribing table and you shift-click a design after mapping it out to move it to your inventory, all of the paper disappears. This seems to be new with HF14.

Omicron, I tought that is was intended that leftover metal would disappear. The "easy" solution to solve this bug is to put mold in the bloomery even if it's cold. You will get full mold at the temperature of the bloomery (in this case, cold one). As for the mold, if you start cooking a clay mold and don't finish the cooking, these mold won't stack with net mold, however, they are still usable.

Still I guess we can ask for clarification about these issues.

What do you mean, cooking a clay mold? I am not talking about cooking clay molds. I'm talking about using fully cooked ceramic molds in the bloomery (I thought that was clear enough since I only ever talk about the bloomery and never about the forge or firepit which you'd need to cook molds). Ceramic molds never have a temperature value and are always fully stackable with each other so long as they are empty. Try putting one in a firepit for a few minutes and then pulling it out - it will instantly stack with any other empty ceramic mold despite having sat in the firepit.

Not so on this case. The ceramic mold inserted into the bloomery remained empty, but on pulling it out, it refused to stack with any other empty ceramic mold, even after waiting for awhile and relogging. It only showed this behavior in this specific case, when leftover metal 'vanished' from the bloomery. Ordinarily, if you insert an empty ceramic mold into a bloomery with an empty metal gauge (regardless of whether it is hot or cold or comfortably hand-warm, or whether or not there is currently ore cooking) and then pull it out again, it has no troubles stacking, just as expected.

Also, I have never seen metal vanish from the bloomery in B75. As you said, you are supposed to get the metal out at the current temperature of the bloomery, whatever that temperature may be, and whenever you try to take it out. I didn't get any metal, however. I only watched the metal gauge drain to zero in front of my eyes while giving me nothing other than a bugged ceramic mold.

I mean that it's not the only way you can have a unstackable mold. Yes I do understand the difference. I'll try to reproduce it.

Bug report:

Suggested category: Breaking block

Suggested name: Wood piles

Description: when i break a log piles it drops the logs that is containing, but the block will remain until you right click to see the gui, when you close the gui the block will disappear

Bug Report:

Suggested Category: GUI - Minor / Annoying

Name: Scribing table

Description: Scribing table gui is skewed, makes it very difficult to see where im actually placing items as the rows do not line up with the display image, no additional mods or textures installed, have tried a force update to correct.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Bug Report:

Suggested Category: (Game Mechanic) Animal Breeding - Severe / Annoying?

Name: Trouble Breeding animals

Description: Cant get any animals to breed with any of the items that are listed to trigger "breeding" mode, animals will not consume wheat / rye etc.

nor are they drawn to the items in question when held in my characters hand.

Bug report

Suggested name: fruittrees bug

Suggested category: Minor

Description:

I've only tried this on a muliplayer server, and only on olivetrees, but when I remove one of the branches of the tree, and then cut down the middle block, the one to which the branches are connected, the branches will ll respawn, and keep respawning even after cutting them.

This makes that you can get as many sapplings as you want.

Have you deleted your config file and then still been able to reproduce this bug?:No

Description: Cant get any animals to breed with any of the items that are listed to trigger "breeding" mode, animals will not consume wheat / rye etc.

nor are they drawn to the items in question when held in my characters hand.

Are you using the grain? First you have to process the crop with a knife to get the grain.

Also, only wheat grain can lure animals, not the other types.

Also keep in mind that animals in TFC actually have genders... check to see that you're not accidentally trying to promote the gay agenda! ;)

Are you using the grain? First you have to process the crop with a knife to get the grain.

Also, only wheat grain can lure animals, not the other types.

-.-'

i didnt know about processing with a knife, google failed me >.<

Suggested name: Placing ingot on chiseled block

Suggested category: Crash

Description: Trying to place an ingot on top of a chiseled block crashes the game.

There is a couple of things i can confirm without testing, I would need to test other. Will update later.

With Hotfix 14, grown tree (not generate when the map is generate) don't render leaves, they're here and can be broke but invisible

after a few tests, only appear with B:enableInnerGrassFix=false in TFCOPTIONS.CFG

I've been having this problem as well. Thanks for narrowing it down to the 'enableInnerGrassFix=false' setting as it was driving me crazy. :-)

I've been having this problem as well. Thanks for narrowing it down to the 'enableInnerGrassFix=false' setting as it was driving me crazy. :-)

I guess that deleting the config file solve it as it's set to true in mine.

Sorry for double posting, this is a big review of page 2 bugs.

This bug happens with any other block. If you try to place a plank in any block that is already ocupied with an object, so saplings, torches, signs, etc

Yesterday i came across a bug but i can replicate it today. I was trying to remove an tool out of a tool rack with a stone in your hand. It opened the knapping gui and the game crashed. But today its working ok. It still opened the knapping gui but it dont crash. Can anyone try that out?

I confirm, placing plank on a sign bloc crash the game. but there is many other blocks where the plank refuse to be places, as torch, grass and flower.

For the knapping, I tried and no crash.

Suggested name: Chiseled wood block does not prevent rain from cooling firepit.

I guess it's a good and bad thing. The good side of it is that you can put a chiseled block over a chest and it will open. However, I guess we can say it's a bug.

Suggested name: Cold bloomery eats metal

I tried and was not able to reproduce. Did it happen more than once? Do you remember what kind of metal ?

Bug report Suggested name: support beam bug

That one I noticed, will add.

Bug report Name: Disappearing paper on scribe table GUI

Wood piles

Will add

Name: Scribing table Description: Scribing table gui is skewed

Bug Report: Suggested Category: (Game Mechanic) Animal Breeding

Already reported, and I think you got the answer to your breeding problem.

Suggested name: fruittrees bug

I don't have a big fruit tree, but as I remember, you are right.

Suggested name: Placing ingot on chiseled block

will add it to ingot placement crash

I reorganised the list, but still have to add many issues. Also have to test hotfix 15.

Bug report

Suggested name: Creeper deals vanilla damage

Description: Creeper's explosion damage doesn't adapted to 1000 hitpoints in TFC, and so it looks like no damage by creepers.

Have you deleted your config file and then still been able to reproduce this bug?: Yes

Bug report

Suggested name: Firestarter texture missing

Description: I have a used firestarter in a chest from 76.14. In 76.15 it shows the "missing texture" texture

Have you deleted your config file and then still been able to reproduce this bug?: Yes. I deleted TFC.cfg but not TFCOptions.cfg

Tander, I guess you are right, they are not that health threatening.

mayaknife, I think it will be fixed for next hotfix. Right now you can fix it yourself.

Open open the .zip and rename two files

textures/items/toolheads/TIn Chisel Head.png → Tin Chisel Head.png

textures/items/tools/FireStarter.png → Firestarter.png

76.18:

Bug report

Suggested name: Paper vanishes in Scribing table

Description: Placed a couple sheets of paper into the scribing table, made the first plan, shift-clicked that plan. There was no paper left in the slot.

Did not try to reproduce this.

Have you deleted your config file and then still been able to reproduce this bug?: No

Bug report

Suggested name:Sound mutes

Suggested category: Annoying

Description: Every now and then (using the firepit and digging in soil) the game's sound mutes and will only come back after a restart.

Have you deleted your config file and then still been able to reproduce this bug?: No

Bug report

Suggested name: No sound

Suggested category: Severe

Description: There is no sound in the game starting with main menu button sound.

Have you deleted your config file and then still been able to reproduce this bug?: Yes

Suggested name: Launcher bug

Suggested category: Severe

Description: Launcher does not remember my username and password. Also it seem to re-download the whole game again and again.

Voulxe, for the first one, I putted 32 papers in the paper slot and was able to pull 4 plan out of it by shift clicking and the paper never disapeared. It was in this list before hotfix 16 but I removed it as it was anounced as fixes and it is fixed on my side. You might want to delete your config files and try again.

For the sound, I'll have to check.

TheMugbearer, this is TFC buglist, not launcher buglist, sorry. If you have absolytely no sound, it might be a launcher issue, as I do have sound using magic launcher.

Bug report B76 HF18

Suggested name: Unshaped Nickel and Pig Iron Ingot Textures Are Switched

Description: The textures for these two unshaped ingots are reversed.

Suggested name: Shift Clicking Ceramic Mold in Firepit Moves Entire Stack

Suggested category: Medium-ish

Description: When you shift click a ceramic mold itemstack into a firepit output slot, it moves the entire stack instead of just a single ceramic mold. And if a metal happens to smelt into that ceramic mold itemstack, you could lose up to 63 ceramic molds. Also another annoyance that has bothered me with these firepit output slots is that it's impossible to move an already semi-filled unshaped ingot from your inventory into one of the output slots, please let us move these back in after we take em out.

Suggested name: Unshaped Nickel and Pig Iron Ingot Textures Are Switched

Pull request made.

Also another annoyance that has bothered me with these firepit output slots is that it's impossible to move an already semi-filled unshaped ingot from your inventory into one of the output slots, please let us move these back in after we take em out.

Put the partially filled unshaped ingot back into the input slot, once it reaches liquid temperature it will drop back down to the output slot. If it was still liquid temperature to start with it should drop almost instantly. You can then continue filling it as usual.

Put the partially filled unshaped ingot back into the input slot, once it reaches liquid temperature it will drop back down to the output slot. If it was still liquid temperature to start with it should drop almost instantly. You can then continue filling it as usual.

It's probably OK to consider it a bug that you can't put one that's already liquid into the output slot. As for whether a cold one should be allowed, that's a question for the devs.