Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
rhodance

[0.79.15] Rhodance's "HugBox" Server [Closing May 22]

1,332 posts in this topic

question for all the peeps. do we want to update to H18? or wait for v77? I will want to reset the world most likely for v77, if that had all the changes I think it will.

resetting the world? oh minegod D:

No! sgt! Come back when you have the time please!

IGN: killermonkeykid

I'll be waiting in TS3

Probably AFK

Just poke me if i get white listed.

=)

I'd like to come play TFC with you guys!

IGN: Obsured_Lineage

IGN:oreostix

Thank you

IGN: killermonkeykid

I'll be waiting in TS3

Probably AFK

Just poke me if i get white listed.

=)

I'd like to come play TFC with you guys!

IGN: Obsured_Lineage

you have been whitelisted,

resetting the world? oh minegod D:

it will depend exactly how much changes in the next version. if i do reset it, i can make the old world available to those who want it.

i will like to play terra fima craft whith some friends, and my friends don't want terra firma craft

IGN:ariel10978

updated to v76 h18

if you are having issues updating your client, let me know. i can help.

i will like to play terra fima craft whith some friends, and my friends don't want terra firma craft

IGN:ariel10978

you have been whitelisted

question for all the peeps. do we want to update to H18? or wait for v77? I will want to reset the world most likely for v77, if that had all the changes I think it will.

I'm fine with waiting for that reset.

But I have another request. Could we perhaps use 30 days months? I think those 8 day default month are alot better for single player than multiplayer. 30 day months would allow a year to pass in roughly 5 days. Alot better than being gone for a day and seeing an entire year gone.

I didn't even think to change the day length until a week or two into using this world, and I wasnt about to change it that far in.

so, 30 day months? or some other number? the length of days can be changed too.

The best thing is to determine a RL time-span you want a year to take. At least in my opinion.

Currently a Minecraft Day (the full cycle) is 20 minutes. (10 minutes daytime, 1 1/2 dusk/dawn each and 7 minutes night)

Using 30 days in a month with normal minecraft days results in (exactly!) 5 RL days for a year (unless people sleep through nights)

You could probably experiment with 30 minute days (15 minutes Day, 4.5 Dusk + Dawn, 10.5 Night)

This bumps it up to slightly above to 7.5 RL days and people getting less interupted by night.

Other things to experiment on would be possibilities like roughly 1 RL day per ingame month (day of 40 minutes) or perhaps the degrading/dieing of crops option (obviously if the dieing is based on the month/temperature and not just randomly degrading) assuming that ingame time passes slow enough to justify that. Would defintivly encourage teamplay.

edit: While lengthening the nighttime might be a downside, its less disruptive than those super short days and you can still sleep through the night by sleeping or logging out and letting others sleep.

My server host appears to be having issues. will let you know when it gets resolved.

I agree with Frantic

My server host appears to be having issues. will let you know when it gets resolved.

its working now...

Not sure if its on my end (Au connection) or if the issues arnt fully resolved, having some connection probs/drop out. Server connection is bouncing between 1 bar, 4 bars and none.

Edit: Seems to have stabilised now.

As for year length, Id be happy with a year that took several days- it would allow people on off time (re: me :P) to farm/breed etc as well as experience the seasons fully. Instead of logging out in middle of spring and coming back to mid winter that afternoon.

Frantics numbers look pretty solid, a 1 week year would give the seasons real impact,- winter would require stocking up and preperation. Slow growth of crops/long gestation periods would make food require more management. It would also give people playing at different timesa chance to manage crops.

~2 RL days of winter would seem pretty harsh, but well.. winter is harsh. :)

Running again now.

I have a suspicion that my animals are causing lag when they have babies- addition of new tracked enitities etc- Ill thin them back to just base stock and not breed for a few years to see how things go.

Im not mass breeding just one pair pigs, one pair chickens a year- but when ever I do a cull the lag in my area goes waaay down.

IGN: colecapps

Tierd of playing in SSP so I want to try something new :)

IGN: Drwallrus

Played TFC a bit in SSP and i thought i would give SMP a try (:

IGN:carsonnc78

i would love to join but does it have mods on?

besides tfc

im using the luancher

IGN:carsonnc78

I wanna play terrafirmacraft wiht people ._.

IGN: colecapps

Tierd of playing in SSP so I want to try something new :)

IGN: Drwallrus

Played TFC a bit in SSP and i thought i would give SMP a try (:

you have been whitelisted. you will receive a PM with ip shortly.