Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
rhodance

[0.79.15] Rhodance's "HugBox" Server [Closing May 22]

1,332 posts in this topic

Curious, what's the server like? How active is it usually and will it refresh with the new update?Also, is the Smart Moving mod optional or is it necessary (since its a mod I'm not familiar with)? Also, how is the server with the Dynamic Lighting mod?

IGN: Vechora

Why this server?: I've been dabbling around in TFC again recenty, but it feels really odd without other players around to "trade" or "build" with. The mod itself seems very tuned to SMP. I've played TFC before also on servers but back then (lets say 1,5 years?) most servers didn't use a whitelist and almost all of them were pvp raid enabled monstrosities.

Why specificly this server would have to be the fact that you have a whitelist and have a long running time, stability is nice to have in a server. Also having the only additional mod to TFC being optional is a bonus. 

2 sentence description of yourself/interests: For minecraft SMP I've always wanted to provide something for the server, wich in vanilla is "hard" to do given the simple fact that you can do anything within a few hours of playing. In TFC this is less so the case and would like to help out "supplying" whatever is needed or lend a helping hand with building/resource gathering. Other than that I am a pretty shy and calm person, after the ice breaks you won't be able to shut me up though.

IGN: vzertaman

Why this server?: Been awhile since I've played terrafirmacraft, played on another multiplayer server awhile ago(2 Months) but it got shut down.  Haven't played since, starting to get back into it with singleplayer, thought I should try multiplayer again, though with tfc I'm not into the raiding aspect too much.

2 sentence description of yourself/interests:  I'm a well, no-life, I'm an active gamer, with a bunch of non-gamer friends.  I'm pretty shy, not much on the talkative side. I'm mostly a resource hoarder when it comes to tfc(I'll mine almost any ore pocket I find).  A few of my interests include:  Unturned, FTB(Namely DW20 and Monster Packs), terrafirmacraft(Of course), and vanilla minecraft.  I started playing terrafirmacraft when you could still knap stone pickaxes, the easy days :P

IGN: Vechora

Age: 26Why this server?: I've been dabbling around in TFC again recenty, but it feels really odd without other players around to "trade" or "build" with. The mod itself seems very tuned to SMP. I've played TFC before also on servers but back then (lets say 1,5 years?) most servers didn't use a whitelist and almost all of them were pvp raid enabled monstrosities.

Why specificly this server would have to be the fact that you have a whitelist and have a long running time, stability is nice to have in a server. Also having the only additional mod to TFC being optional is a bonus. 

2 sentence description of yourself/interests: For minecraft SMP I've always wanted to provide something for the server, wich in vanilla is "hard" to do given the simple fact that you can do anything within a few hours of playing. In TFC this is less so the case and would like to help out "supplying" whatever is needed or lend a helping hand with building/resource gathering. Other than that I am a pretty shy and calm person, after the ice breaks you won't be able to shut me up though.

---

quiet, for the most part. it has 3-4 people on two different schedules, and 0-2 the rest of time. it will get a new world and a couple new mods with the new version.

smart moving is optional, though there are a handful of building styles that are not navigable with vanilla movement.

i have never used dynamic lighting, so i could not tell you.

Thanks for the response. The activity might be a little too light for my taste (last TFC server I played on had 20+ players on at a time), however I bet a smaller more local group will more entertaining. And the teamspeak is a plus. ^_^This is the Dynamic Light mod: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1272478-1-7-10-dynamic-lights-handheld-torches-movingWith this update coming out, having a lit torch in hand helping guide you in the dark mines as you relight the old burnt out torches would have a nice feel to it. It's probably gonna be something I'll do.

Also, mind putting a few links on the main page for the correct mod versions the server is using?But here is my info:

IGN: defiler86Age: 27Why this server?: Looking for a calm mature server, that's not too modded from TFC.About me: A laid back person that enjoys sandbox gaming in my downtime. Besides gaming in my down time, a big fan of boardgaming, RPGs, and drawing.

Thanks for the response. The activity might be a little too light for my taste (last TFC server I played on had 20+ players on at a time), however I bet a smaller more local group will more entertaining. And the teamspeak is a plus. ^_^This is the Dynamic Light mod: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1272478-1-7-10-dynamic-lights-handheld-torches-movingWith this update coming out, having a lit torch in hand helping guide you in the dark mines as you relight the old burnt out torches would have a nice feel to it. It's probably gonna be something I'll do.

Also, mind putting a few links on the main page for the correct mod versions the server is using?But here is my info:

IGN: defiler86Age: 27Why this server?: Looking for a calm mature server, that's not too modded from TFC.About me: A laid back person that enjoys sandbox gaming in my downtime. Besides gaming in my down time, a big fan of boardgaming, RPGs, and drawing.

Rhodance i spendet days playing on your server was nice to everyone made some weak blue steel and one blue steel bar that i gave DutchMitchell and i gave Dutch the bars to make his black steel anvil and then someone takes DutchMitchell´s stuff and they think it was me because i have my 7 Weak blue steel in my home and i get banned i need to say that that isnt fair because i didnt do anything and i want that DutchMitchell says when he was online the last time then we maybe can say when it happed and i just want justice!!!  :angry:

Take it to pm's seriously dude, you are even starting to annoy everyone else.

IGN: Dan456

Age: 15 (yes i know this server is 18 plus, but i'm not a 12 year old Cod racist)

Why this server?: I played on your Pvp server for a while, and although i really liked it but wanted to play with other people.

2 sentence description of yourself/interests:I really like to trade and build giant warehouses, I play TFC because it adds in resource scarcity which allows for more dynamic trade to occur. I also like to build houses and cave bases.

Edit - If you want to know about me as a person i'm in high school and i like science and math ... A lot.

IGN: benibond

Why this server?: Because I like TFC and SmartMoving and I've already met a few people on TS

2 sentence description of yourself/interests: I would like to build a village with people and make a little community. I hope people will come, this mod is better with others

IGN: tonniedekiller

Why this server?:  i want to play multiplayer to talk and enjoy the community of the server, i also want to join the server becouse i want to learn something from FTC.

2 sentence description of yourself/interests: I like to hang out with friends, i also like playing minecraft/tfc and watch mindcrack. 

IGN: Dan456

Age: 15 (yes i know this server is 18 plus, but i'm not a 12 year old Cod racist)

Why this server?: I played on your Pvp server for a while, and although i really liked it but wanted to play with other people.

2 sentence description of yourself/interests:I really like to trade and build giant warehouses, I play TFC because it adds in resource scarcity which allows for more dynamic trade to occur. I also like to build houses and cave bases.

Edit - If you want to know about me as a person i'm in high school and i like science and math ... A lot.

IGN: benibond

Why this server?: Because I like TFC and SmartMoving and I've already met a few people on TS

2 sentence description of yourself/interests: I would like to build a village with people and make a little community. I hope people will come, this mod is better with others

IGN: tonniedekiller

Why this server?:  i want to play multiplayer to talk and enjoy the community of the server, i also want to join the server becouse i want to learn something from FTC.

2 sentence description of yourself/interests: I like to hang out with friends, i also like playing minecraft/tfc and watch mindcrack. 

---

whitelisted.

Ign: Sammeh48

I am really looking forward to finding a TFC server, and yours seems perfect!

I like co-op play alot, and however being a noob at TFC I hope the server will help me get better.

Ign: Sammeh48

I am really looking forward to finding a TFC server, and yours seems perfect!

I like co-op play alot, and however being a noob at TFC I hope the server will help me get better.

---

full app please.

---

full app please.

IGN: Sammeh48

Why this server?: Simply it sounds amazing, and also I just cannot find any other TFC server to my liking.

2 sentence description of yourself/interests: 

Interests: Gaming, sports and gaming with others if that counts?

Something about myself: I am Sam however hard to piss off, if I do get pissed off I will be pissed badly.

I like co-op play I am not too good at TFC and I hope that the community will help me get better.

IGN: Sammeh48

Why this server?: Simply it sounds amazing, and also I just cannot find any other TFC server to my liking.

2 sentence description of yourself/interests: 

Interests: Gaming, sports and gaming with others if that counts?

Something about myself: I am Sam however hard to piss off, if I do get pissed off I will be pissed badly.

I like co-op play I am not too good at TFC and I hope that the community will help me get better.

---

whitelisted

So just a question or two... Ive spent some time on this server lately and ive noticed two things. One is there is virtually no moderation at any time. Not that the community which exists here needs moderation, its just that I dont think ive ever seen an admin or mod which is disconcerting, as it makes me wonder if the server is being maintained at all... Second, and more importantly... this server has always been a little laggy... but the last two weeks or so, this server has had horrible lag. Game killing, soul crushing, just f'in log out and do something else kinda lag. The entire server will get periodically kicked with time out exceptions every few minutes, with the time in between filled with bouts of lag which make mining, cutting trees... even just opening and closing doors / UI's virtually impossible.  I made the mistake of getting on a horse last night... that pretty much crippled the server. V just strait up quit for presumably the night... due to the lag, and it was only me and him on the server at the time. Is there anything you guys can do about the insane lag here? Im a good ways into building my settlement, and would like to stay here... but if it takes me on average a half a minute to mine a single rock due to lag, thats just going to be out of the question :(

So just a question or two... Ive spent some time on this server lately and ive noticed two things. One is there is virtually no moderation at any time. Not that the community which exists here needs moderation, its just that I dont think ive ever seen an admin or mod which is disconcerting, as it makes me wonder if the server is being maintained at all... Second, and more importantly... this server has always been a little laggy... but the last two weeks or so, this server has had horrible lag. Game killing, soul crushing, just f'in log out and do something else kinda lag. The entire server will get periodically kicked with time out exceptions every few minutes, with the time in between filled with bouts of lag which make mining, cutting trees... even just opening and closing doors / UI's virtually impossible.  I made the mistake of getting on a horse last night... that pretty much crippled the server. V just strait up quit for presumably the night... due to the lag, and it was only me and him on the server at the time. Is there anything you guys can do about the insane lag here? Im a good ways into building my settlement, and would like to stay here... but if it takes me on average a half a minute to mine a single rock due to lag, thats just going to be out of the question :(

---

1 - :/ i watch from the console, for the most part, as i am a very busy person and can watch it from my smartphone. I am lucky to get even an hour in front of my personal computer any given day. I am not even going to have internet for the next week except for what little i can get with spotty cell signal (traveling for funerals sucks major ass). I actually have an admin who is spending a good part of the his time getting our PvP server up and running right now - hence the smaller amount of time we appear on the PvE server.

2 - >.< thanks for letting me know. the downside of not playing on the server personally is that i don't see when the lag affects the players but not the resources of the server. I will let Wildfir3 (my awesome admin) know.

Awesome! Thanks for lookin into it. I hope you can get the lag squared away.PS My condolences for your loss :(

Awesome! Thanks for lookin into it. I hope you can get the lag squared away.PS My condolences for your loss :(

---

Thanks, i guess.

as for the lag, i dont get any when i log in around spawn :/ - PM the cords of your base to me please, so i can check it there.

Its  possible the server isnt lagging currently. I dont usually get on until after 5pm CST. Im away from home so I cant give you my coords now, but I will later tonight after ive had a chance to log in.

Talking about the lag problem.I did have a lot ogf lag some time ago when i had a great big flock of chickens in my barn.  I slaughtered about a gazillion and the lag went away.If you've got lots of chickens that might be the problem (just saying).

And yes, the lag the other night (European time)  was quite something - I was being timed out about every 2 minutes - I eventually gave up and went to bed.

IGN: owloctogons

no i dont want to use teamspeak

I saw this server because i saw the "Towns" section. it had a link to this server in it.

Do you think we could ever get ExtraFirma?

IGN: owloctogons

no i dont want to use teamspeak

I saw this server because i saw the "Towns" section. it had a link to this server in it.

Do you think we could ever get ExtraFirma?

----

....do you think we could ever get a full application?