Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Torak

A flood of noobs

21 posts in this topic

GenericB just posted a video of terrafirma craft on his channel so expect a bunch of people asking stupid questions and making lame suggestions

I wonder if that's what all the 500 errors are about.

-looks at number of posts-

-looks back at topic saying others will be noobs-

-chuckles quietly to self-

This is a good and bad thing its nice because of the new blood but sucks since most people are idoits.

Yaaay! I like idiots! Yaaaay! So I remember back when I was a noob... Running around trying to fist-chop trees down and yet to no avail. *sigh....... And now there be barrels, Planks, and Ninjas! .... sounds like a platform game...

fun to see that a new member to the forum tell us that noobs are coming

this is our forum now!

khekhekhekhekhe.....is it now.....

Wow guys, way to support the mod, scare all the new players off...

You know the mod needs people to actually play it right? Whats the point in scaring people away? You trying to hog TFC for yourself or something?

Get over it, we all started somewhere, if someone asks a question that's already been asked, kindly point them to use the search feature

Edit: GenerikB ftw.

You know the mod needs people to actually play it right?

Actually, no. It doesn't. The code doesn't burst into flames just because it isn't being touched. It sits there, underused, and kept in the digital sea that is the Internet, waiting for a new user to surface...

The other argument of "hogging code" is also invalid. You can't horde copies of data (at least not from the digital perspective, at least)...

Thankfully, there are enough 'intelligence checks' in TFC to test users mental tenacity as far as understanding the mechanics of historical stone ages. If they can overcome them, then cool, and good for them. If not, then there is no sense in them whining here about the difficultly over the nature of TFC. Usually these moments of 'a mod getting big' generally create a flood of players who jump into a mod, realize the true nature of the mechanics of said mod, and clusterfuck arguments ensure over the meta-game. These types of things get old, very fast, as those who like the status quo have to argue with those who have know idea what the status quo is, or simply refuse to adopt to it.

Personally, I'm just glad that these sorts of things burn themselves out very quickly. Bioxx seems pretty iron-fisted about policies around here. As long as he sticks to his guns, I'm sure the forum will weather 'this storm'.

well, i say we take the course of giving no cares. let people play the mod, and if they dont like it, they will stop as they find out that we tend to ignore unnecessary or idiotic complaints, and the whole process will weed out the whiny ones that just want minceraft to be easier. leaving only the ones who want to play this mod beheind

I agree, if they mentally just don't have the capacity to play then maybe the game isn't for them (i.e prospecting takes quite a bit).

But what I'd hate to see (because this is an awesome mod) is that those of us who are experienced, just turn away the in-experienced because they are new, they may just need a helping hand.

Hope that makes sense, I wasn't trying to imply that the game needs to be dumbed down to suit these new people.

aye, but theres a difference between one who is willing to learn the ways of our craft, and one who shuns the world of TerraFirma for it makes their pitiful life of convenience and automation into a challenge of survival, a test, pitting human against nature, to see who will conquer who.

the ones who are willing to learn have the resolve, the courage and fortitude to search of answers, to seek out knowledge on their own or through bare experience, learn the ways of this new world

I think it comes down to...what you enjoy. I play KSP - you know that space game. My problem is I LOVE engineering but can't seem to pilot the ships once in vacuum. I tried and tried and asked for help. And there were two camps. Some, who like me, understood how it works but just could not get it to work. And some who just told me I was a noob. Now, here is the funny part. I started using mods to pilot, dock, so on. And many of those calling me noobs said I was cheating. While those in my shoes pointed out that computers did a LOT of the work in space anyway. Either way, KSP just isn't very fun. Either I explode...which can in hindsight be funny, or the mods do all the work and I just kind of read a book. I mean, the space shuttle was always under control of the computers during the launching but I doubt the pilots were reading books during it...

The TFC mod to me is fun because it does make Minecraft HARDER and more REALISTIC and I enjoy it. People have watched many of my videos and some say, "Hey, that looks like fun." and others say "Why would you do that? That's not proper Minecraft - you noob."

Noobs are just players who need some time to become the next Paulsoaresjr and AntVenom of TFC! They were all noobs at one points or another.

I use the TFC mod to make Minecraft a better game - a whole new game. I use mods in KSP to make it playable...and also boring at the same time. I would love to learn how to pilot and dock without mods - but so many of my tiny pilots die (yeah, they get reborn but it still makes you feel bad after ten times and every crew has died). In TFC I can even smith (badly) and understand how a lot of it works even when I don't decide to try it out. I have never made a saw, so don't have supports and don't mine like some, but I understand how it would work and could do it if I enjoyed mining.

its not the fact that they don't know, the poeple who are new arent who we're worried about here, its the people who try this mod expecting it o be thenew FTB or something that makes their minceraft life tonloads easier and more automated, the will probably get frustrated when they find out that thats not how this mod works, and then come and rage here on the forums

I agree, if they mentally just don't have the capacity to play then maybe the game isn't for them

For Pete's sake, it's not like everyone who plays TFC is a friggin' genius.

Welcome, new players. Have fun and don't let the egomaniacs scare you off.

everyone who plays TFC is a friggin' genius.

if only it were true >_>

if only it were true >_>

I love Lamp!

I love Lamp!

Lava lamps? That's JUST what I need to finish out my brothel!

one should be aware of crysyn's announcement. we once hated noobs, every mistake was punished and every thread was derailed as if it were 4chan, whereas we should welcome those new, guide them towards helping themselves, and reserve judgement only for those that are hellbent on being a retarded ass :D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0