Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PieisJesus

Server Problems

11 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

After a while, I finally got a working server running, and I managed to walk around for about twelve seconds, then i got removed by the server due to an "Internal server error" (sorry if it's not exactly that).

I have looked on the server window itself, and it comes up with the error:

[WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?

I can't figure out how to fix this problem, and I'm not sure about you guys, but i don't care to re-join my own server every thirty seconds.

Thank you.

It's not an error. It's only a warning that your server is struggling to create/load chunks.

What kind of hardware is your server running on?

Sorry, but when you say hardware, what exactly do you mean?

Is the server running on it's own PC, or on your PC where you also use the client.

What kind of a PC (Hardware) is your server running on?

CPU, RAM,... is it a notebook?

Once, i tried running a server on an old Intel D processor. It almost loaded 3 chunks and died on me with the same messages that you are getting.

Oh, well.

I am running the server on the same PC that I am using the TFC client on, and it isn't a notebook.

My PC has:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @3.00GHz 3.00 GHz

RAM: 6.00GB

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4350

Sorry if this information is not good enough.

That hardware should be good enough to run a dedicated server for about 10-15 players. But running a client along side it, could be too much for it.

How much RAM are you dedicating for the server and client?

I would go for 2GB each. That way you have 2GB left for your OS. That should work, but you will probably have to live with lag. A few people should be able to play though.

I'm running the client with 1,792M - 2,048M

And the server with no modifications.

What do you think i should make the minimum and maximum RAM that i allocate for the server and the client.

Will this fix the fact that I am getting removed from the server? It runs without lag, I'm just getting removed from it.

I would use this for the server

java -Xms1G -Xmx2G -jar minecraft_server.jar

and you are already using 2GB for your client.

I just tried the server again, and there is much less lag, however, the server can't keep up.

This test was only with myself on the server, I haven't yet tried it with a friend, but it isn't going to make it run better, as far as I can tell.

I run a server and client on a weaker machine (E5400, 2GB) and it works well enough. The way I run the server is to use a batch file and add the "nogui" argument to the end:

java -classpath minecraft_server.jar -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer nogui

I have noticed that the server GUI makes things run really slow, so try this it may fix your problem. I still get short pauses when generating new chunks, but it's manageable.

VegasGoat,

Thank you for the help, it does help, but not completely.

It doesn't tell me its overloading when I haven't even joined, but when i do, it still says the warning.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0