Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kreicus

Differences between TFC and MC - HELP

11 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've decided to make another generalized page for the wiki with information about the major (and some minor) differences between MC and TFC. Things like, the health system being changed, Animals dropping more items and mating differently. Leather needing to be crafted. Things like this.

So, I ask of you all if you could reply with any differences you can think of no matter how large or small so that I can compile a list to create a wiki page on for general reference.

Thanks!

-Kreicus

So far I have:

Major Differences Between Minecraft and TerraFirmaCraft.

General Differences

Health/Food/Water System

Walk through leaves

Calendar

-Early Game

No Wooden Tools

No punching trees

Sticks from Leaves

Stones on ground

Saplings before cutting tree

Storage differences

Smaller Chests

Wood and Stone Block construction

Mob Damage

-Mid Game

Caveins

Seasons for agriculture, fruit trees

Bloomery, Forge, no Furnace

-Late Game

Only basic redstone from cinnabar

The TerraFirmaCraft mod...

• Requires that the player take time to learn the game, or quietly accept their extreme lack of knowledge.
  • Focuses the game towards a more believable progression of tools and technology, based loosely on reality.
  • Requires direct involvement from the player in order to accomplish most, if not all, tasks.
  • Requires that more thought be given to the management and collection of resources.
  • Generally results in a slower progression to a state of "end game"
  • Has no wooden tools.
  • Begins with the collection of small stones and sticks.
  • Requires an axe to chop trees.
  • Requires intentional collection of saplings.
  • Contains different types of wood/stone, and all are not created equal.
  • Forces the player to take additional precautions, most notably whilst mining.

This is all I can think of, with my limited knowledge on the current state of the mod. I hope this helps. <3

Don't forget:

• Different blocks affected by gravity
  • Health and thirst system
  • Different armor system (though this is likely to change)
  • Items involving vanilla iron aren't available, unless explicitly changed to allow them
Sounds like a helpful idea for a wiki page, but be careful about being too divulgent. Wouldn't want to make it too easy for the newbies ;)

Sounds like a helpful idea for a wiki page, but be careful about being too divulgent. Wouldn't want to make it too easy for the newbies ;)

True, but personally I think if you're going to the wiki you're looking for information like this. But this page wont give away much info, more like. MC: Cows drop 0-2 items, TFC: Cows drop 5-8 items. or whatever they drop now. Just kind of a comparison list.

Should definitely mention mining and ore generation changes.

Ores almost never spawn in cliffs, clusters of ore grow bigger the deeper you dig, they are also becoming more spaced out.

Maybe mention that dirt layer is thicker than vanilla's. Which is a tiny thing, but who knows.

For agriculture it needs to be mentioned not only about seasons, but for temperature in general.

Creepers don't hurt but still mess up your stuff.

Skeletons hit like a boss. Two shots, unarmored, will likely kill you.

TFC has a thirst level. Either go swimming or drink from a glass bottle. Being thirsty will cause you to move slower.

Raising levels increases your maximum health and thirst.

No temples or villages.

No Nether.

No End.

No cocoa beans on trees.

Yes, we know you look like you're falling when you use a bed. Minecraft is buggy that way.

Firestarters are not the same as a flint and steel.

Many items have a much smaller stack size.

Stone bricks are made through a much more involved process.

Eating random foods is fine, but you really want to make a meal.

You're going to need LOTS and LOTS of wood. Making charcoal is much more difficult and it is required.

Charcoal and coal are completely different entities.

Finding ore is hard and frustrating at first. It's an art and takes practice.

Anvils work in a completely different manner.

Enchantment? What's that, some sort of disease?

There is no sandstone.

Cobblestone blocks must be CRAFTED.

You cannot obtain obsidian.

Alchemy is extremely limited.

Saplings will randomly appear on the ground, planting themselves.

It takes a bit more effort than just killing a sheep to get wool, and there are no wool blocks.

Excepting squid ink, dyes are mostly non-existent and useless.

I think there has to be a whole area on mining and gravity. I don't think that it can be stressed enough the danger of cave ins, and such.

I think there is much organization to be done in the wiki before creating that kind of page.

As the wiki is close, it's hard to do anything to improve it. I would like to make some edits, but I can not.

No Nether.

You cannot obtain obsidian.

Excepting squid ink, dyes are mostly non-existent and useless.

Not true, except for dyes, which do exist, but are indeed mostly useless.

I think there is much organization to be done in the wiki before creating that kind of page.

As the wiki is close, it's hard to do anything to improve it. I would like to make some edits, but I can not.

There is a special thread to request access to edit the wiki.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0