Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Crysyn

Spotter's Guide

29 posts in this topic

Hey All,

I am running a combination wiki page and video set that will take you through entrance into TFCraft. I attempt to take things slow and explain just a few mechanics as we run into them at a time. The focus is to make the transition from what ends up appearing as a fairly simple and easy minecraft into the more rewarding and complex world of TFCraft as simple as possible.

If you are looking for something specific, head to the wiki. it has all the topics covered in each episode along with a link to the part of the video that covers the information.

The wiki can be found at: http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Spotter%27s_Guide

The youtube list can be found at:

If you have any topics that have not been covered and want them addressed feel free to post them here. I will try and keep up with the youtube comments but that is not exactly the best format for communication.

Great guide and videos man, thanks a lot for this!

I love your guide, can't wait for more stuff :)

Thanks all!

I have the prospecting pick utilized and metallurgy 101 coming out today. If there is anything else you would like to see let me know as I am open to topic suggestions!

fluxquarries could be usefull as it's a central part of teching up...

I will be getting into flux shortly! I want to find some copper, do another round with the prospector pick and since the entire point of the copper is to make an anvil I will mine the heck out of that limestone to make it into flux... I really really did luck out with that seed and location I choose.. and to think I was this -=><=- close to starting a new world cause it looked like I had no where nice to settle!!!

it's wierd/fun how at first a location can seem dysmal only to finally hit that one spot with the P.pick and be "WTF, yeah!!!" :)

I just started playing this mod the other day and your video guide has been incredibly helpful. Even my fiance who doesn't play yet watches with me. Keep up the awesome work!

great videos you explane everything so well and how it all works as opposed to most mod spotlighters or let-players that just think you know everything for the start

Saw the guide, now I'm going off to do some quarry mining. Such a damn hassle with that prospectors pick.

Thanks again for all the positive feedback. I am sorry it has been so quiet as of late with episodes. It is a combination of helping as much as I can with debugging the previews for Beta 2's SMP. I hope to be able to record some nice episodes this weekend that cover some updates to TFCraft over the last few days but with the new world generation I pretty much have to start the world over again. This is going to make me rethink how I am doing the Wiki part of the spotter's guide so. A bit of thought, some rework and organization based on topics and I think the videos may turn a bit more Let's Playish and then just have themselves be referenced where they detail areas of information useful for the wiki part of the guide.

Thanks again for all the positive feedback. I am sorry it has been so quiet as of late with episodes. It is a combination of helping as much as I can with debugging the previews for Beta 2's SMP. I hope to be able to record some nice episodes this weekend that cover some updates to TFCraft over the last few days but with the new world generation I pretty much have to start the world over again. This is going to make me rethink how I am doing the Wiki part of the spotter's guide so. A bit of thought, some rework and organization based on topics and I think the videos may turn a bit more Let's Playish and then just have themselves be referenced where they detail areas of information useful for the wiki part of the guide.

I know that this suggestion might not be quite palatable comming from a newly registered user, but I would recomend starting over with a new world, then redo all the links to the new series.

I know that would add a lot of work, but one of the reasons I think this would be best is that with some of the changes that has been made, the sensible way to start out has also changed a bit.

for instance. Stone swords are now fully removed, and javelins has kinda taken over that role, albeit they are actually much better in some respects, than stone swords ever were. so a bit more on flint based tools and their use is in order. maybe even a bit about hunting, (i hope that animals could be made to be much more shy in the future to make things more interesting. those vanilla animals are just tame imbeciles waiting to get eaten. :wacko: )

one of the other omissions i felt you had in your first episode was one of making a more secure camp. one cannot always depend on getting access to wool in the beginning. Granted. discovering the wonders of the woodpile is rather easy, but it would be in the propper paulsoaresjr spirit to show how to make a nice little nightshelter out of them. B)

Do keep up the good work however. this total conversion mod is quite impenetrable without some kind of introductory lessons as a guide, and yours helped me out a ton.

I know that this suggestion might not be quite palatable comming from a newly registered user, but I would recomend starting over with a new world, then redo all the links to the new series.

I know that would add a lot of work, but one of the reasons I think this would be best is that with some of the changes that has been made, the sensible way to start out has also changed a bit.

That is exactly what I have been waiting for. Most of the world gen bugs have been handled so I will be restarting a new world tonight. I am also going to ungroup the wiki by episode and instead just do it by topic so I can cluster clips doing the topics at different times together instead of making people click through three pages to find all the smelting information!

for instance. Stone swords are now fully removed, and javelins has kinda taken over that role, albeit they are actually much better in some respects, than stone swords ever were. so a bit more on flint based tools and their use is in order. maybe even a bit about hunting, (i hope that animals could be made to be much more shy in the future to make things more interesting. those vanilla animals are just tame imbeciles waiting to get eaten. :wacko: )

Yeah I really want to cover this and how much more important flint is through out the entire game. This really makes Gravel a very important resource to snag now!

one of the other omissions i felt you had in your first episode was one of making a more secure camp. one cannot always depend on getting access to wool in the beginning. Granted. discovering the wonders of the woodpile is rather easy, but it would be in the propper paulsoaresjr spirit to show how to make a nice little nightshelter out of them. B)

Haha, that is where I am a bit weird. With the new sleeping rules just being no mobs within range... well let's just say I have not made a hidey-hole for some time :D I prefer to find just the right space for a house and to start there.. I actually feel this fits a bit better in TFCraft as you need to be more nomadic since you can not carry much at the get go until you find a place to settle.

Do keep up the good work however. this total conversion mod is quite impenetrable without some kind of introductory lessons as a guide, and yours helped me out a ton.

I am glad they helped! Makes me feel like I did something useful when so many people tell me that my videos helped them get into this mod so they can see how much it adds to minecraft, even in the beta state that it is.

I found your videos to be of great help for starting off, but why you no make more sooner?!? I've had to hunt out other resources for crafting things, making double ingots and the such.

But keep up the good work! I'll be recommending your videos to any friends I have who I convince to play this mod.

earned a Sub !!!

thanks for the vids

I found your videos to be of great help for starting off, but why you no make more sooner?!? I've had to hunt out other resources for crafting things, making double ingots and the such.

But keep up the good work! I'll be recommending your videos to any friends I have who I convince to play this mod.

Sorry for that delay, was a combination of some drastic changes in TFCraft and me waiting for them to settle down and Diablo 3 being released :)

More videos a coming! Wanted to do a timelapse of me building the house I am working on as I did before.. but the tree grow really slowly... GRRR. It has just not proved prudent.

earned a Sub !!!

thanks for the vids

Thanks!

Just letting you know that I watched all your videos an will continue to watch them. Keep up the good work. Saved me a headache on finding resources.

Crysyn, your vids are absolutely awesome and fun to watch. Your uncut, unedited SMP stuff is awesome. keep up the good work.

(BTW subbed to your channel)

Great guide/ Let's Play. Stopped watching after you left the first world, but I had learned all I needed to. Especially loved the tidbit on the Prospector's pick. I have now mastered it, finding ores within 5 minutes of the first sign.

The list on the wiki isn't complete, i can't find season 2 :(

I don't think anyone updates the wiki anymore. You have to go to his channel via the video player.

If it were not down right now I would be updating the wiki a bit tonight... It shall have to wait again :/ Soo much info is outdated it needs a swift kick!!

Excellent guides Crysyn very helpful ^_^ thanks for taking the time to teache us how to play =D i enjoy a lot this mod really i think is awsome!!! i just installed the new release beta 40 it's awsome, i can't wait for your video!!! i have to congratulate you and Bioxx and everyone helping this mod i wish i could help with more than words but i guess cheering you guys up is something KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! YOU'RE DOING AAAAAWWWWWSOOMEEEE!!!!

By the way how can i do bricks now??? i can't find how =P