Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chaos_Therum

Dreaming of FTB with this mod

17 posts in this topic

Okay before you say anything don't bite my head off because I'm mentioning an op mod pack that would totally defeat the purpose of terrafirmacraft. But imagine having to work your way through the FTB tech tree terrafirmacraft style where nothing is easy but also nothing is unrealistic could you imagine having to figure out how to cut diamonds so you could make a quarry then how hard it would be to setup any of these systems we are used to in other mod packs I feel that there would be a real sense of achievement after finally getting a end game tech setup terrafirmacraft style not to mention it would give months of play what do all of you guys think and remember this is just hypothetical not suggesting anything to anyone

Sorry about punctuation I have a problem with bad punctuation.

yeahno, FTB is not only waaaay out of the time period for TFC, (which ends around the 1500s if i'm not mistaken), but completely breaks any form of balance or coherence that TFC has

not to mention how much of a pain it would be to TFC-ify all of the mods in FTB...

please try again sir.

@Srgnoodles I don't think you understood what he meant by "working you way up"... It would take a very long time to get to the overpoweredness that FTB sometimes is referred to as, and by that time you would probably deserve it. A very cool idea nonetheless, and something that would be very fun to play.

@Srgnoodles I don't think you understood what he meant by "working you way up"... It would take a very long time to get to the overpoweredness that FTB sometimes is referred to as, and by that time you would probably deserve it. A very cool idea nonetheless, and something that would be very fun to play.

I dont think that you understand that TFC in no way will ever work with those tech mods. Ever. i'm not saying it wouldnt be cool, its just that it's not going to happen

I dont think that you understand that TFC in no way will ever work with those tech mods. Ever. i'm not saying it wouldnt be cool, its just that it's not going to happen

Well, not in the current fashion that they are in, to say the least...

And as far as an update on my progress with that, I've had to take care of alot of real life business that has eaten up a majority of my time. Thankfully, tings are getting back into my favor, and I'll be able to use (what little of) my time I have to code the interface necessary for mod compatibility. I apologize for the delay in regards to this work (mostly talking to the TFC community here, idgaf about FTB currently)...

Well honestly you could probably use the ore dictionary and just go through and make sure all the machines in FTB had the proper addons and companion ores that would be required but like I said this is just a fun pipe dream I would never expect it to actually happen but it's a nice thought if I ever learn Java I might do something but that is a super long shot

Shh shh shh shh......

It's ok...

I totally understand what you're getting at here. FTB would be way more fun, and epic, if its progression was more like TFC's progression. Gregtech helps a bit, but it would take a lot of work on greg's end to overhaul the base mechanics of the FTB mods in order to achieve anything near as fun as TFC.

Yeah but imagine the sense of pride as you watch your 64x64 quarry destroying the environment it would be beautiful

Well honestly you could probably use the ore dictionary and just go through and make sure all the machines in FTB had the proper addons and companion ores that would be required

Yeah, guess which mod in Forge DOESN'T use Ore Dictionary...

Yeahh... no. FTB is awful. It completely doesn't work/fit with TFC.

a thing that i wish to see it's an addon for better than wolves... but i know i will never see it :(

Well the thing is it would be absolutely satisfying to to work all the way from stone age to the nano age and nuclear power it would be great but once just a pipe dream

although i too would like to see TFC go from stone-space ages, its just not practically possible

with everything we have now, we've barely scratched the surface of the medeival era, possibly heading towards rennisance, do you realise how much work it would be to take it all the way to modern times? its just not feasable, despite being freaking amazing.

I agree with Srgnoodles on this one. As awesome as it would be to have a working progression system that takes you from the stone age, all the way to the technical levels of Gregtech, it just isnt possible. The mechanics for the mods are just too different.

Also anyone who says FTB is awful needs to calm down. Sure you can dislike it personally. But the client is amazing. It has done alot to raise awareness of various mods, and help newer Minecrafters access mods without the brick wall of doing it manually.

I stick by my opinion.

Umm.. has anyone ever thought that maybe A FTB TFC does not have to have such a huge progression? i mean FTB has many different pack all with different themes. heck they even have a voxel mod pack ment purely for building awesome stuff in near vanilla. whay not have a medieval time TFC modpack with simply horses or mo creatures? and perhaps a few other mods like buildcraft or thaumcraft? (with some of the features like oil and quarries removed) just adding new recipies for the mods by making them use TFC items and blocks. Just cause it is FTB does not mean you have to eventually reach the space age. i would love to see TFC with a bit of late game convenience and mystical elements added in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0