Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fallonsky

stacking food

4 posts in this topic

so i have been playing around in the old alpha versions of the game and i realised a really interesting thing about how things changed because of stackable food. usualy in the old games you would go out with a bit of food usualy a couple of porkchops or wheat like i did because you dont have the inventory space to take with you a years worth of food. when you went out to fight or explore you would then take things acording to what you need like you would take porkchops if you need quick healing because they heal more but you could take wheat that you cant eat directly but could turn into a lot more food.

now with terra firma craft i wonder why not have food behave the same way as in the old alpha. it should only be stackable to one and to be able to bring a lot of food with you, you would have to make a mill to make flower and then bring that flower to be able to bake bread instead of jest bringing 64 steaks and being good for a year in game.it would make going out into the wild a lot harder and more of an adventure where you would have to make outposts to be able to resuply from as well as it would also bring the usefulness of meals up as i don't think that they stack and yet can fill you up better then any one peace of steak.

Personally, I don't think that the food stack size need to necessarily be reduced to one. Perhaps instead food simply wouldn't last forever without preservation. Individual food items age rapidly and cannot be stacked. However, if preservation techniques such as salting, canning (using jars not metal though), and pickling are applied, then food in different stages of rotting away can be uniformly combined into one entity. This entity can be used multiple times corresponding roughly to the amount of food put in. Therefore when going on a long journey one can bring a few a packages of salted meat and canned fruit along. Even these preserved items do not last forever though (except for possibly canning as long as the seal remains unbroken). However to balance out the convenience of food prepared in this manner, preserved food restores less hunger when compared to fresh food and tends to reduce the thirst bar significantly.

This reason is dominant :

Kill a cow cant carry the food , food spoils you get hungry or if you carry it you could go exploring but bareback only with food ....

I is neutral , i don't like it being hard and i like it being demanding ....

So, a single apple takes up the same amount of space as a stack 64 rocks or 32 dirt blocks. Does this make sense to you?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0